Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
Kerabatsos

shinome vs fubuki

11 comments in this topic

[USN50]
Members
72 posts
5,223 battles

i read in older threads how shinome was better than fubuki. but as of now, fubuki seems to be better?

conceal is equal

maneuver is equal

AA is better on fubuki

Torps go 10km on fubuki but 59 instead of 63

torp reload is 3 seconds apart so almost equal

fubuki wins at 11km range on guns but only has 4 guns

shinome has 6 guns but range is 9km

fubuki wins reload by 1 second from 9 to 8

hit points are equal

[OSO]
Members
3,788 posts

Shinome is also a premium destroyer that is a freebee.  Fukbui is a tech tree ship.  Your point is what with all this?  

[HINON]
[HINON]
Members
2,026 posts
19,622 battles

The thing that makes Shino most effective is that anyone who has her is borderline experienced (since she is a reward ship) and you can drop a 19 Pt captain in her (something a Fubuki doesn't typically get).

• Cool 1

[USCG]
Members
496 posts
16,823 battles

Shino is nice except for her turret traverse speed. IJN DDs are known for slow turrets but watching paint dry takes less time than 180 degree turn on her turrets...painful. 

[VW]
Members
3,355 posts
16,611 battles

I think shino is worse than kamie, but it is what it is. The truth is the free captain training because with shino, 2 tachi, kamie, katori, and whatever ship you put yamamoto in, thats a lot of prem captain xp.

[SSG]
Alpha Tester
4,611 posts
10,852 battles

Shino has a better dispersion at 82 m instead of 93m.  And 3 seconds makes a surprising difference when your talking about skills dropping that time to basically 65 seconds vs 69. Both ships have near identical spotting ranges on their torps (1.6 on shino, 1.5 on Fubuki) but they extra 4 knots make them harder to dodge, it's basically the torp accel skill built in for free, a skill that sees usage on IJN DD's because they have low detection but long torp range. Making it excellent when retraing a captain or, dropping a higher up one in because while the range becomes super narrow (6.1 spotted with CE and a 6.6 torp range with torp accel, and now 68 knots) well - know your talking about a ship with torps similar to Fujin and the kami sisters, but more of them, that can still stay stealthed (with a similar narrow area between spotted and not), with more guns and a better reload than fujin/kami, similar accuracy, and better range and remember - Fujin and Kami were pulled from sale as "OP". 

This is why we say it's superior to Fubuki. Shino can actually stand her own in a gunfight even against Farragut, ill advised as it still is. Sure Farragut has double the RoF but to match even the rear guns means giving a bigger target each salvo, or limiting to only forward weapons. Farraguts max dispersion is also even worse than Fubuki at 100 m. We can vanish just as well as a Fubuki, our torps are faster, and if we have a captain with torp accell reach the lethality of the Kami clones but in a 3x3 package instead of 3x2. All I could ask for with this ship (aside from teams that could win) is a bit of a buff to speed. Shino is a true all-rounder. Accurate guns, and a heavy barrage for a tier 6 DD, and incredibly lethal torps. Throw on the fact that yeah, you can drop a 19 point shima commander to take the troll levels over 9000 - Shino>Fubuki.

I was honestly hoping the IJN branch off the main torp boats would have been more like Shinio. 

Members
1,326 posts
95 battles
11 hours ago, Kerabatsos said:

AA is better on fubuki

You are funny :Smile_teethhappy:

fubuki wins at 11km range on guns but only has 4 guns

shinome has 6 guns but range is 9km

So Fubuki has 4 [edited] guns and gets seen by anyone within 11km range when you decide to shoot them so it's harder to disengage from fights? Don't see increased range being any good, yet having 4 guns is a bit woeful.

fubuki wins reload by 1 second from 9 to 8

So she still has 25% less DPM.

I'd say Shinonome is still a better ship, although I haven't played mine in a while now. Fubuki might be better at sitting at the back and spamming torps, but Shino is better at contesting caps and being useful to the team.

• Funny 1

[CVA16]
Members
4,232 posts
13,230 battles
8 hours ago, WanderingGhost said:

Shino has a better dispersion at 82 m instead of 93m.

The dispersion is probably equal. Fubuki would likely have 82m dispersion at 9K but 93 at 11K. Shino only shoots to 9K,

Not having the Fubuki, are the torpedo arcs the same? In Shino it seems I am constantly not  turned quite far enough to bring the torps to bear when I need to get the shots off NOW!. Most often when slow or stopped in smoke so maneuvering is sluggish at best.

[SSG]
Alpha Tester
4,611 posts
10,852 battles
3 minutes ago, Sabot_100 said:

The dispersion is probably equal. Fubuki would likely have 82m dispersion at 9K but 93 at 11K. Shino only shoots to 9K,

Not having the Fubuki, are the torpedo arcs the same? In Shino it seems I am constantly not  turned quite far enough to bring the torps to bear when I need to get the shots off NOW!. Most often when slow or stopped in smoke so maneuvering is sluggish at best.

Even if the dispersion equaled out though, you have 4-6 shots in that same area instead of 2-4, same as with USN DB's. So it still ends up an edge. But again, still no guarantee that Fubuki matches at 9 km.

And last I checked I was pretty sure they are the exact same arcs. Then again, I never have this issue as I usually keep my speed up to create a bigger screen I can easily move in with a bit more speed. 

[USN50]
Members
72 posts
5,223 battles

okay i see it a bit more clearly what i was missing on why it was a better ship now. thank you

Members
105 posts
11,345 battles

The Shino is decent but by no means a gunboat. Guns are identical to Fubuki at the same distance, but it has the extra turret. So it’s biggest advantage is the opening volley - hitting all 6 shells on the red DD may be enough to dissuade them from pursuing the battle. Or enough to one-shot kill a low health DD. But after that initial volley the Shino has the same DPM as Hatsuharu, and both are marginally better than Fubuki. None of the T6 IJN are boats that will win a prolonged gunfight... 

As a premium ship for captain (re)training it’s a fun boat. 

Sign in to follow this