Jump to content
You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
OldSaltyOne

Placing Bets for Server Over Load and shut down

23 comments in this topic

Recommended Posts

669
[OSO]
Members
3,788 posts

  Figuratively speaking lets place some bets shall we?  Wargaming wants to test their servers out.  Right now we are sitting at 11,978 players.  Still seems to be running okay.  If the server population balloons to 20,000 players by the time that Wargaming wants to run this test.  What would you say that the chances of the main servers for the game will over load and reboot automatically.  Id say 21K players.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
705
[NOBS]
Members
1,121 posts
8,277 battles

No chance, if they planned for 20,000 the server can handle 20,000, this isn't pokemon go!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,477
[HINON]
Supertester
7,656 posts
8,120 battles
12 minutes ago, Capt_h2o said:

No chance, if they planned for 20,000 the server can handle 20,000, this isn't pokemon go!

The last time we had an event with an above normal pop the servers crashed at the 18k pop mark. They couldn’t handle it. And between 16-17k is when issues started happening.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2,605
[RKLES]
Members
10,984 posts
12,551 battles
Just now, renegadestatuz said:

The last time we had an event with an above normal pop the servers crashed at the 18k pop mark. They couldn’t handle it. And between 16-17k is when issues started happening.

I already have seen a couple issues already st 11k to 12k. I am wondering if some date has gone on among Wargaming staff over server performance. And perhaps this event is to prove a point. After all the rewards are nice if we manage to hit 20k lol.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,317
Members
4,156 posts
15,654 battles
44 minutes ago, renegadestatuz said:

The last time we had an event with an above normal pop the servers crashed at the 18k pop mark. They couldn’t handle it. And between 16-17k is when issues started happening.

Maybe weak (and cheap) servers are the reason why WG insists on discouraging new players with +2 -2 MM and 2 CVs per team at low tiers. To keep the population from stressing the servers.

  • Funny 1
  • Boring 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Members
84 posts
2,760 battles

The load was at just under 12.7K when I logged off for a break just now. Saw a couple of instances of lag but don't know if that was actually server related as it was very quick.

edit: As a former IT systems admin for IRC (who remembers IRC chat? LOL), if they're hoping for 20K, that tells me they figure that it can handle 25-27K. We always underestimated when we did load testing.

Edited by Tecelote

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,275
[WOLF5]
Members
3,004 posts
3,304 battles

I'm guessing they think the server can handle 20K. Whether that happens is another matter. Usually I can't play over weekends, but abnormal circumstances means I'm adding to the load.

My bet is they overload at 20,001:Smile_Default:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,477
[HINON]
Supertester
7,656 posts
8,120 battles
55 minutes ago, Admiral_Thrawn_1 said:

I already have seen a couple issues already st 11k to 12k. I am wondering if some date has gone on among Wargaming staff over server performance. And perhaps this event is to prove a point. After all the rewards are nice if we manage to hit 20k lol.

Idk why you’d be seeing issues. 11-12k server pop is nornslnfor weekends.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4,666
[PVE]
[PVE]
Members
8,706 posts
22,019 battles

One thing for certain, am staying in PvE only and just using my low tier ships in case of a failure of the server. Guess it is time to break out Mikasa, she does pretty good even without me at the controls!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,477
[HINON]
Supertester
7,656 posts
8,120 battles
7 minutes ago, Taylor3006 said:

One thing for certain, am staying in PvE only and just using my low tier ships in case of a failure of the server. Guess it is time to break out Mikasa, she does pretty good even without me at the controls!

Won’t even be playing co-op if the server crashes. It boots everyone to the login screen.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5,166
[PVE]
Members
18,802 posts
11,512 battles
25 minutes ago, Taylor3006 said:

One thing for certain, am staying in PvE only and just using my low tier ships in case of a failure of the server. Guess it is time to break out Mikasa, she does pretty good even without me at the controls!

 

17 minutes ago, renegadestatuz said:

Won’t even be playing co-op if the server crashes. It boots everyone to the login screen.

 

I think Taylor is figuring the connection will go down, while the games still run. Which means Mikasa will do about the same as the dispersion is so bad, you don't really have to fire the main guns. :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2,605
[RKLES]
Members
10,984 posts
12,551 battles

What happens if we cause the server to  go down from the strain, 21,000 Pink players?

Edited by Admiral_Thrawn_1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5,166
[PVE]
Members
18,802 posts
11,512 battles
3 minutes ago, Admiral_Thrawn_1 said:

What happens if we cause the server to  go down from the strain, 21,000 Pink players?

That would be hilarious. Boy would the salt flow. :Smile_teethhappy:

  • Funny 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
162
[-KAK-]
Members
467 posts
8,627 battles
5 minutes ago, Admiral_Thrawn_1 said:

What happens if we cause the server to  go down from the strain, 21,000 Pink players?

"The System is working as intended"

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,382
[GRIT]
Members
3,254 posts
10,013 battles

Wargaming's Ops team has this chit dialed in like there's no tomorrow. They're literally the best in the business at this sort of thing, so no, no chance they'll have server issues.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2,605
[RKLES]
Members
10,984 posts
12,551 battles

If only we had access to a computer lab with about 30,000 computers... That could be fun, except that you would need some friends to help you and creating that many accounts would be exhausting and not sure if Wargaming rules would be for or against logging in that many accounts into the WOWs Port. Never would recommend trying to enter battle with all of those since unless you had a person for each account it would be a quick ticket to major ban lol.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,129
[VW]
Members
3,327 posts
16,571 battles
3 minutes ago, Admiral_Thrawn_1 said:

If only we had access to a computer lab with about 30,000 computers... That could be fun, except that you would need some friends to help you and creating that many accounts would be exhausting and not sure if Wargaming rules would be for or against logging in that many accounts into the WOWs Port. Never would recommend trying to enter battle with all of those since unless you had a person for each account it would be a quick ticket to major ban lol.

I know of one or two such locations lol! Go Bears!!!!

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2,605
[RKLES]
Members
10,984 posts
12,551 battles

Well I am taking a break to get something to eat and give my computer a chance to cool down before server pop gets over 15k and I have to marathon it lol.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Members
84 posts
2,760 battles
15 minutes ago, Admiral_Thrawn_1 said:

Well I am taking a break to get something to eat and give my computer a chance to cool down before server pop gets over 15k and I have to marathon it lol.

Same here. Time for dinner and CPU rest period.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×