You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Talos3567

BB and CA Play Only

26 comments in this topic

Members
64 posts

Well, I have given up for now. CV play has not been fixed to make it fair for all of the players who have them and DD's are useless with all of the radar now in the game. In my last game (playing a DD), I was constantly, and I mean constantly, under radar.  Now I don't mind either CV's nor radar in the game, but wow, this is ridiculous. I guess WG wants everyone to only play BB's and/or CA's. Two words: Balance Please!

In any case, I am just a bit frustrated and maybe a break will be good for a while. Please keep having fun and good luck. 

[HINON]
Members
12,141 posts

I'm sure we'll see a similar complaint when the RN dds are released just like any new line. Try some new ships and mix it up.

Edited by RipNuN2

[MWM]
-Members-
293 posts
4,949 battles

I am normally a BB and Cruiser player but I do run DD's and CV's here and there. I ran a good number of DD matches over the last week and did not find radar an insurmountable problem if you change up your tactics.

• Cool 1

Members
1,626 posts
8,563 battles
15 minutes ago, Fog_Heavy_Cruiser_Takao said:

Or you know wait for the American CL spam to calm down or adapt your play style for different situations. Like if your dying all the time try something diff.

I agree with the OP's frustration, but what you said is the key point. Just wait it out, this happens when all new lines are released. 

• Cool 1

[PVE]
Members
18,981 posts
11,570 battles
27 minutes ago, Talos3567 said:

Well, I have given up for now. CV play has not been fixed to make it fair for all of the players who have them and DD's are useless with all of the radar now in the game. In my last game (playing a DD), I was constantly, and I mean constantly, under radar.  Now I don't mind either CV's nor radar in the game, but wow, this is ridiculous. I guess WG wants everyone to only play BB's and/or CA's. Two words: Balance Please!

In any case, I am just a bit frustrated and maybe a break will be good for a while. Please keep having fun and good luck. 

17 minutes ago, RipNuN2 said:

I'm sure we'll see a similar complaint when the RN dds are released just like any new line. Try some new ships and mix it up.

:Smile_great:

[VCRUZ]
Members
3,339 posts
8,463 battles
29 minutes ago, Talos3567 said:

and DD's are useless with all of the radar now in the game.

Useless???? LUL I finished my IJN DD grind this week and i was no where near useless for my team. for sure its harder to play DD, but they are no where near useless.

CVs are a much worse of a threat to DDs than radar is. The only time i fell useless in a DD is when there is a competent CV player on the enemy team. Some DD hunsters can be much worse than radar too. 

Edited by Xlap

[GRIT]
Members
3,254 posts
10,017 battles

Only a vocal minority is frustrated with radar proliferation, though. :p

• Cool 2
  • Funny 1

Members
821 posts
6,988 battles
30 minutes ago, Talos3567 said:

CV play has not been fixed to make it fair for all of the players who have them....

Am I the only one who thinks they ARE fair for the people who play them?  Good players destroy bad players with their CVs and that seems like a perfect expression of fairness.  The problem is the rest of the team.  That's where the unfairness lies.  If you get stuck on a team with a poor CV then your have a huge disadvantage.  That's not fair since it punishes/rewards people based on another person's skill.

[ABDA]
Beta Testers
17,525 posts
12,810 battles

what he means is that he can't curb stomp from the back of the map.

[-WTP-]
[-WTP-]
Members
957 posts
8,497 battles

Just wait it out man. Things will settle down soon. Leave the game this weekend and pick it back up later in the week.

[PVE]
Members
18,981 posts
11,570 battles
50 minutes ago, Talos3567 said:

1 minute ago, HeathenForay said:

Just wait it out man. Things will settle down soon. Leave the game this weekend and pick it back up later in the week.

NO!

Log in to the game @Talos3567 and change the ship in port every little bit to make sure you stay logged in. 9k to go.

VjEGq2W.jpg

[SIDE]
Members
2,832 posts
3 hours ago, Talos3567 said:

Just sounds like you are parroting the same nonsense and lensationalism that’s been dismissed a thousand times already. Hyperbole won’t go far anymore. Almost everyone is wise to it now. Might be slightly more radar than you would prefer but the sky is falling balogna has worn thin.

Take a break. Try a different type. Try some operations. Drop down to mid tiers and play old school. Try some torp boats with 10km range to keep you out of trouble until you learn the new adaptations and tricks.

Things will die down soon. Another line will be released soon and masses will flock to it too.

Edited by thebigblue
  • Cool 1

[SALVO]
Members
23,388 posts
24,003 battles
1 hour ago, Talos3567 said:

Destroyers are NOT useless at this time.  If you can't adapt and make them work in the current environment, then you're probably not a particularly good DD player in the first place.

Honestly, I'm getting tired of reposting what one needs to do in a DD to be effective in this radar heavy environment.  It's not freaking rocket science.  It's all about situational awareness, and knowing where the radar ships are or might be, and adapting to that knowledge accordingly.

[SALVO]
Members
23,388 posts
24,003 battles
31 minutes ago, galspanic said:

Am I the only one who thinks they ARE fair for the people who play them?  Good players destroy bad players with their CVs and that seems like a perfect expression of fairness.  The problem is the rest of the team.  That's where the unfairness lies.  If you get stuck on a team with a poor CV then your have a huge disadvantage.  That's not fair since it punishes/rewards people based on another person's skill.

Wrong, to a degree.

The problem is that CV's leverage player talent far more greatly than other ship types.  Lining up manual torpedo runs is not that easy.  Even lining up manual DB runs isn't that easy against moving, turning targets, particularly since you have to judge the amount you lead the target.  (I assume that manual DB isn't that difficult when the bombing area is a  circle rather than an ellipse.)  And strafing isn't easy either.  All of those skills are much more difficult than the skills needed to aim guns or torpedoes with surface ships.  

You can be a moderately subpar BB player and still be moderately effective.  But if you're a moderately subpar CV player going up against a relatively good CV player, you'll get trashed in a real hurry.  THAT is where the unfairness of CV lies for CV vs CV combat.

However, you are correct when you say that if you're on a team with a poor CV player, you're at a large disadvantage … *IF* the enemy team has a good CV player.  The root cause of the problem in this narrow instance is that there's only 1 CV player per team at high tiers, so all of the weight is on each CV player's shoulders.  If we were talking about battleships or cruisers, etc., a single bad player can be carried if the other players of those ships are able to take up the slack.  But with CVs, there is no one else to pick up the slack.  And I sort of doubt that this will change if and when the major CV rework rolls out.

[SBS]
Members
5,071 posts
2,408 battles
1 hour ago, RipNuN2 said:

WG isn't going to release these DDs over two patches extending the extreme meta.  I seriously doubt they will have campaign that is DD focused at the same time to make the meta even more extreme.  Also, DDs are far less popular and bump in DD play will be nowhere near as extreme.

[RKLES]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
5,178 posts
17,705 battles

I am finding great success in my destroyers. Capping is not everything. Flanking, spotting and torps do wonders.

[ABDA]
Beta Testers
17,525 posts
12,810 battles

Capping isn't everything, it's the only thing.

• Cool 1

[RKLES]
Members
11,015 posts
12,551 battles
58 minutes ago, dEsTurbed1 said:

I am finding great success in my destroyers. Capping is not everything. Flanking, spotting and torps do wonders.

Yeah I mainly play Torp DD style and I have been doing quite well even with all the Radar.

Edited by Admiral_Thrawn_1
Fixed spelling error. Wonder how much auto “correct” staff are getting paid?

Members
2,201 posts
5,007 battles
2 hours ago, Fog_Heavy_Cruiser_Takao said:

Or you know wait for the American CL spam to calm down or adapt your play style for different situations. Like if your dying all the time try something diff.

American CL spam? I'm definitely not seeing it down at Tiers 6 and 7. A pity. Play the Helena!

[RKLES]
5,178 posts
17,705 battles
33 minutes ago, Admiral_Thrawn_1 said:

Yeah I mainly play Torp DD systole and I have been doing quite well even with all the Radar.

Other night took out trashcan for the 1st time in 6 months, his new captain is only 10 points. 

Solo cap 3 kills, 1 a Missouri hugging an island- he ate 7 torps. 

[O_S_D]
[O_S_D]
Members
178 posts
20,267 battles
34 minutes ago, Admiral_Thrawn_1 said:

Yeah I mainly play Torp DD systole and I have been doing quite well even with all the Radar.

Thank you for your Forum contributions, but your "systole" reference leaves me clueless.  My blood pressure is monitored so I understand that word.  How does the contraction phase of one's heartbeat describe your playing style? 

Would you describe your radar-meta DD play style with small words that I can understand, please?  Thanks in advance!

[RKLES]
Members
11,015 posts
12,551 battles
5 minutes ago, dEsTurbed1 said:

Other night took out trashcan for the 1st time in 6 months, his new captain is only 10 points. 

Solo cap 3 kills, 1 a Missouri hugging an island- he ate 7 torps. 

If you think that is fun try killing 3 Radar ships with Kagero. Then getting  listen to enemy team lecture those Radar CAs of theirs how big of idiots they were to let a Kagero kill them and opened the door for further Torp attacks. Lol that was a priceless battle... :Smile_teethhappy:

• Cool 1

Members
64 posts

Great advice everyone! Perhaps I am too inflexible in my game style. I will give it a try and mix it up. In any case, thanks again everyone-I find these boards to be helpful and the community very supportive.

Have fun everyone!

Edited by Talos3567

[RKLES]
5,178 posts
17,705 battles
4 hours ago, Admiral_Thrawn_1 said:

If you think that is fun try killing 3 Radar ships with Kagero. Then getting  listen to enemy team lecture those Radar CAs of theirs how big of idiots they were to let a Kagero kill them and opened the door for further Torp attacks. Lol that was a priceless battle... :Smile_teethhappy:

Oh my.

That happens to me and my 2 div mates 6 or so days ago.

It was 2 Shimmies in mid just spotting us. The focus fire was intense. By time a DD of ours got to b and spotted them, it was too late 5 cruisers hugging islands defending c sunk...

Sometimes you don't have to announce your presence with torps to be effective.