Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
FirebirdXIV

How about a tier IX premium?

14 comments in this topic

Members
61 posts
394 battles

Hi guys, I was looking through possibilities for a tier 9 premium ship, one in the 15-20k doubloon range. I found two carriers with very similar stories that were yet so different. I hope you will share your ideas in the comments (that’s what they are for, duh) and that you will like the interesting ships that I would like to see in game. 

The USS intrepid was an Essex class carrier, the fifth to be launched. Commissioned in ‘43, she served in most major surface action in the Pacific until the end of wwii, most famously Leyte gulf. Her reputation as “unsinkable” was bennifited by surviving multiple kamikaze attacks despite serious damage. Used as an auxiliary carrier throughout the late 40s she was overhauled into a slant deck carrier, serving a substantial second life in Korea and Vietnam 

The USS Saratoga was a converted battlecruiser, capable of carrying over 100 aircraft, and having a spectacular armament of 8 (4x2) eight inch 203mm guns and 12 5 inch guns as well as over 100 small caliber machine guns and 20 or so aa cannons. Serving in the pacific, she arrived in midway just in time for the Guadalcanal campaign. After serving in support of several island hopping landings, she was retired for use as a training ship and was eventually sunk at operation crossroads in 1946

I would like to see one of these craft in game, though both would need some buffing and nerfing to end up balanced-ish, but both show real promise. Let me know what you think in the comments down below 

• Bad 3

[ARP2]
Members
1,276 posts
3,599 battles
13 minutes ago, TitanicMan2 said:

There are already T9 premiums in the form of Free-XP ships.

Sometimes, it pays to read more than just the title.

• Cool 1
  • Funny 1

[TOG]
Members
2,782 posts
15,795 battles

You already have Musashi and Korndstadt currently. Also had Mighty Mo. Those are free XP T9 ships. 

• Bad 1

[WPE-2]
[WPE-2]
Beta Testers
178 posts
3,882 battles
3 minutes ago, Bill_Halsey said:

You already have Musashi and Korndstadt currently. Also had Mighty Mo. Those are free XP T9 ships. 

before this goes any further i feel the need to point out that if you READ it hes bringing up ideas for two NEW tier 9 prems and, though it probably wont happen, having them available for purchase with doubloons. 

[AWP]
Members
785 posts
3,279 battles
8 minutes ago, Bill_Halsey said:

This is in the USN CV subtopic.

[TOG]
Members
2,782 posts
15,795 battles
7 minutes ago, GENAlphawolf said:

before this goes any further i feel the need to point out that if you READ it hes bringing up ideas for two NEW tier 9 prems and, though it probably wont happen, having them available for purchase with doubloons. 

You can buy them indirectly by purchasing free XP with doubloons.

[WPE-2]
[WPE-2]
Beta Testers
178 posts
3,882 battles
Just now, Bill_Halsey said:

You can buy them indirectly by purchasing free XP with doubloons.

i dont deny that as i did it for the Mighty Mo, Nelson, and Musashi and ill probably do it for the Korndstadt.

Members
697 posts
3,511 battles
3 hours ago, Hatework said:

Sometimes, it pays to read more than just the title.

My main point is that it won't be through doubloons.

Members
61 posts
394 battles
5 hours ago, Bill_Halsey said:

One question. If I wanted to put a tier 9 battleship in the game, wouldn’t that end up in the battleship section? 

I’d like to see it as a ship you buy directly from the store or tech tree. Hopefully it will end up just as overpowered as the rest of the higher tier American premiums. I’d like to see Saratoga, all her 8 inch guns in glory, maybe with buffed hangar space so she can compete with the other tier 9 carriers. Hopefully she will cost not much more than 15k

Edited by FirebirdXIV

[RCB4]
[RCB4]
Beta Testers
514 posts

they would never do that people would flip out at the thaught of a new player buying a t9 cv

maybe in the future after the rework perhaps

Sign in to follow this