You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Compassghost

Changes in the game could the Kitakami a viable ship again.

56 comments in this topic

[PNG]
Supertester
5,657 posts
6,455 battles

For those of you who don't remember long ago, there was a ship called the Kitakami. Here's a Jingles video on the subject.

tl:dw; the Kitakami was a premium ship based on a Kuma (T4 IJN) cruiser with the entire back half of the ship converted into torpedo launchers, a whopping 10 x4 launchers, with a 20 torpedo broadside. It had smoke and short range, pegged at Tier 8.

It also had one of the best KDRs in the game. By kills, I mean teamkills, because it killed more teammates than enemy ships by almost 10% IIRC.

So what's changed since then that makes the Kitakami a safer ship for everyone now?

1. The TKing system has been dramatically improved. Players who teamkill get pink punishment and reflect damage.

2. Excessive TKing sends you to the sin bin of co-op and you have to work off your orange status.

3. Friendly torpedoes no longer cause dramatic flooding.

4. Additional torpedo types and balance changes, such as the implementation of sonar and DW mechanics, exist.

5. The ship no longer has to only be sold in the premium shop. It can be gated by steel or coal in the Arsenal.

By gating the Kitakami behind Steel or Coal, it ensures that only players who play the game a lot or very well have the ability to access this ship, reducing the chance of a player misusing it and deleting half a team. The teamkilling improvements also ensures that the player will lose access to additional steel or coal if the ship is abused as they will be quickly sent to Orange Status and be unable to participate in any competitive game modes. Unlike the other ships, it is also more of a novelty vessel. Players seeking more performance-based ships have access to the Flint and Black and Stalingrad, and potentially any additional ships that will come to the arsenal, making it only prevalent for those people who really want it.

Thoughts?

• Cool 11
  • Funny 1
  • Bad 2

[GWG]
[GWG]
Alpha Tester, In AlfaTesters
15,159 posts
8,772 battles

[WOLF5]
Members
1,140 posts
8,303 battles

I have heard tale of The Legend.  But I'll admit, you kinda lost me at "tier 8 Kuma."

[GWG]
[GWG]
Alpha Tester, In AlfaTesters
15,159 posts
8,772 battles
Just now, Lillehuntrix said:

I have heard tale of The Legend.  But I'll admit, you kinda lost me at "tier 8 Kuma."

It is a Kuma class CL which took DD with a citadel to new levels.

[VIKES]
[VIKES]
Members
536 posts
11,838 battles

I'd still love it if they brought this ship back.   So different from anything else.  And pink grows on you after a while...

• Cool 1
  • Funny 3

[B2P]
Members
498 posts
13,210 battles
1 minute ago, nagasakee said:

I'd still love it if they brought this ship back.   So different from anything else.  And pink grows on you after a while...

The pink would be strong with this one!

• Cool 1

Members
5,574 posts
7,121 battles

With longer range torps, sure. :Smile_trollface:

Edited by Wulfgarn

[DAKI]
Alpha Tester, In AlfaTesters, Beta Testers
12,404 posts
4,294 battles

It could use a TRB consumable imho. :cap_like: 20 torpedoes on each side just isn't enough.

But imho before WG even considers bringing back Kitakami, they need to do something to help the IJN DDs first. They are in a really bad spot atm.

• Funny 1

[PNG]
Supertester
5,657 posts
6,455 battles
16 minutes ago, ExploratorOne said:

The game files were deleted...

They still exist in my gulag.

[0O0O0]
Members
139 posts
21 battles
1 hour ago, Compassghost said:

For those of you who don't remember long ago, there was a ship called the Kitakami. Here's a Jingles video on the subject.

tl:dw; the Kitakami was a premium ship based on a Kuma (T4 IJN) cruiser with the entire back half of the ship converted into torpedo launchers, a whopping 10 x4 launchers, with a 20 torpedo broadside. It had smoke and short range, pegged at Tier 8.

It also had one of the best KDRs in the game. By kills, I mean teamkills, because it killed more teammates than enemy ships by almost 10% IIRC.

So what's changed since then that makes the Kitakami a safer ship for everyone now?

1. The TKing system has been dramatically improved. Players who teamkill get pink punishment and reflect damage.

2. Excessive TKing sends you to the sin bin of co-op and you have to work off your orange status.

3. Friendly torpedoes no longer cause dramatic flooding.

4. Additional torpedo types and balance changes, such as the implementation of sonar and DW mechanics, exist.

5. The ship no longer has to only be sold in the premium shop. It can be gated by steel or coal in the Arsenal.

By gating the Kitakami behind Steel or Coal, it ensures that only players who play the game a lot or very well have the ability to access this ship, reducing the chance of a player misusing it and deleting half a team. The teamkilling improvements also ensures that the player will lose access to additional steel or coal if the ship is abused as they will be quickly sent to Orange Status and be unable to participate in any competitive game modes. Unlike the other ships, it is also more of a novelty vessel. Players seeking more performance-based ships have access to the Flint and Black and Stalingrad, and potentially any additional ships that will come to the arsenal, making it only prevalent for those people who really want it.

Thoughts?

Hahahhahahahhaha

Hahahahahaha

Hahahahhahahahhahahahhahhaha

Hahahhahahahhaha

[0O0O0]
Members
139 posts
21 battles

Comp, you are great player... When I laugh, its not at you but your suggestion. No way that will happen, ever.... Please give up on Kitty... Or not and some WG [edited] will gift it to you, likely not cause you will kill a lot of boats..,

Members
475 posts
5,642 battles
1 hour ago, Gregor_Marethel said:

I agree, they should bring it back.

While they're at it, they should give it the Asashio torps too.

You understand that they are 40 torps? 

Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
1,044 posts
8,214 battles
1 hour ago, Gregor_Marethel said:

I agree, they should bring it back.

While they're at it, they should give it the Asashio torps too.

I had advocated this same idea here: 

Was a good idea then, and is still a good idea now.

Something WGing should strongly consider.

[TIMT]
Supertester
473 posts

No.  Torpedo spam is already bad enough, no need to make the map unplayable with a wall of torpedoes in every sector in a 5 DD on 5 DD match of all Kit Kats.