You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Cit_the_bed

Poll: Overall enjoyment of the game in the last 60 days

99 members have voted

This poll is closed for new votes
  1. 1. Your overall enjoyment of the game in the last 60 days has:

• Decreased greatly
    • Decreased slightly
    • Increased Greatly
    • Increased Slightly
    • Stayed the same
    • Uncertain but not the same

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 07/05/2018 at 04:00 PM

21 comments in this topic

[ARP3]
Members
355 posts
9,900 battles

Members
449 posts
12,203 battles

Depends on what you like to play.

Many DD players would say the game sucks.

If you are a cruiser player you are coming into your own.

Many BBs like the DD clamp down but hate the fires.

• Boring 1

[NWNG]
[NWNG]
Members
1,898 posts
3,276 battles
3 minutes ago, Prothall said:

Depends on what you like to play.

Many DD players would say the game sucks.

If you are a cruiser player you are coming into your own.

Many BBs like the DD clamp down but hate the fires.

I am most certainly an outlier in this regards. I still love playing my Destroyers.

I am finding the cruiser to be meh. But I haven't played them enough to give a proper opinion on the matter. Though I do like the Cleveland over the Baltimore. I most certainly preferred the Cleveland over New Orleans (pre-0.7.5)

My highest tier BB is a tier 4 both in tech tree and Premium, with less than 100 battles between all BBs. So I most certainly am unable to give an opinion.

Going with what I know, I would say the game feels about the same.

[UEFN]
Members
386 posts
11,570 battles

Isn't enjoyment and entertainment the whole point of playing computer game in the first place?  win or lose you're in to have fun, when you stop having fun(regardless of the reason) it's when you should stop playing, doesn't matter what game it is.

• Cool 1

[WOLF2]
Alpha Tester
2,208 posts
7,240 battles

Haven't really noticed a difference in the overall game. I am happy about the new captains i got from the AL colab and the increase in new cruisers to play. Finally got my Monty and KGV. 

[MIA-A]
Members
1,946 posts
6,549 battles

I rage uninstalled recently for the first time I can remember after seeing yet another 788 cv div wreck a tier VI game.

[WOLF3]
Members
5,928 posts
2,203 battles
51 minutes ago, Cit_the_bed said:

Not a good poll.  Your subject and description imply that the poll is about one's level of enjoyment.  The voting options are not about level, but about change.  On that basis, my enjoyment - and level of interest - have increased greatly of late. 

Now, where is the BACON ??

• Cool 1

[SIDE]
Members
1,331 posts

I’m loving the game and it’s diversity in ship types and play styles. Just invested heavily in premium time, doubloons and some flags. 

A smart or long time player will have several different types ships in port and several well trained captains to use in them. This allows them to role with both long and short term changes in the game. 

Most of the whining seems to be from players with an imbalance in port diversity or lack of well trained captains. They are way too heavily invested in one ship or ship type. When this happens they have fewer options and a more painful journey into the new “meta”.

Change is life. This game keeps changing and each change has been an overall improvement. I for one am extremely happy with where we are and very excited about where we are headed.

• Cool 1

[-WPG-]
Members
727 posts
3,133 battles

Finally getting some T8s and 9, my interest is waning a bit. The good ships at the end of a grind are good, but the difference in gameplay wasn't expected. It's not as fun IMO. Yes I could keep playing T7s and lower tiers, but the drive and interest to progress is less appealing now. I'll probably let my premium expire in a few weeks, get another game, and see if I want to get back into wows down the road. 

• Cool 1

[ANZAC]
Members
127 posts
3,920 battles

Stayed the same. Game play has definitely changed, but have learnt to adapt. Only issue I have atm is grinding through that paper thin Mogami against all them T10 delete buttons.

[SIDE]
Members
1,331 posts
11 minutes ago, DouglasMacAwful said:

Finally getting some T8s and 9, my interest is waning a bit. The good ships at the end of a grind are good, but the difference in gameplay wasn't expected. It's not as fun IMO. Yes I could keep playing T7s and lower tiers, but the drive and interest to progress is less appealing now. I'll probably let my premium expire in a few weeks, get another game, and see if I want to get back into wows down the road. 

Every line has some snoozers and a few turds. Be sure to try several of each before making your mind up about the game.

Your choice of callsign and avatar is disrespectful as hell. It discredits you before even a word gets read.

Clan name kicks butt, great music.

• Bad 2

Beta Testers
1,172 posts
5,930 battles

I'd say decreased slightly due to punishing radar amounts when playing any DDs not named Khabarovsk, Grozovoi, and Gearing to some extent. Grozovoi buff recently has improved life quite a lot though and I'm back to enjoying DDs again, as its survivability and flexibility has been greatly increased in many situations. Also quite a few good Minotaur games.

Overall closer to improved with the latest patch, but the Cleveland split and USN cruiser missions in general made it hell on earth for some DDs, and made me drop the Z-52 pretty much completely for now, which is a bit sad.

[RKLES]
[RKLES]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
3,314 posts
11,418 battles

The USN heavy cruiser hairstyle finally clicked with me and I understand how to play them now. At tier 9 139k ATM. 

Cleveland is stronger.

My Asashio finally broke 130k in damage.

My Udoloi is turning into a beast.

I don't know why people like t9 German BB, or 10 for that matter.

Charles Martel is learning to carry.

Republique is still a great flanker.

Got KIDD, MOGAHAN for free.

Almost have Indy. 

Z39 is ok....

[LRM]
Supertester
550 posts
5,041 battles
44 minutes ago, iDuckman said:

Now, where is the BACON ??

Obviously, he is unlearned in the ways of Forum Polling.

Members
3,629 posts
13,443 battles

My enjoyment of the game has gone down slightly. Not because of any game features or changes but because I've been stuck in a insane losing streak for the last 3 weeks. A 10-20% winrate that has followed me from high tiers (doing the Halsey Campaign) into the mid-tiers.

Members
2,274 posts
7,311 battles

IMO greatly increassed, playing a lot of DDs and im enjoying a lot the completely different playstyle that they offer. Its a more strategic gameplay, much different than what i was used playing BBs and cruisers. 

• Cool 1

Members
918 posts
2,449 battles

Greatly decreased lately. It's always a blow out anymore. In order to have a decent game you have to div up. Otherwise you are at the mercy of the MM and your team. I don't mind doing divisions, it just feels extremely punishing to play without one. Specially if you are trying to get your stats up from being tanked. Then its out right painful to be solo. I know the joke is that the majority of the player base is horrible at this game, but after a while the joke gets old and reality leaves you wanting more.

[C-HAG]
Members
481 posts
7,690 battles
1 hour ago, Xcalib3r said:

Isn't enjoyment and entertainment the whole point of playing computer game in the first place?  win or lose you're in to have fun, when you stop having fun(regardless of the reason) it's when you should stop playing, doesn't matter what game it is.

So wee see a sharp decline in # of battles played in high tier DDs

[WOLF2]
Members
2,992 posts
5,204 battles

My level of enjoyment has gone up. My style of play is to do the thing(s) you guys say you wish people would do when they're in the ship I'm in. The trick is identifying who to do those things for. And that's just a matter of looking for ships closest to doing the things you guys say you wish that ship would do.