You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Daffyd9x

strange Cherry Blossom battle

9 comments in this topic

[O_S_D]
[O_S_D]
Members
98 posts
11,815 battles

Thirty minutes ago, I was in a strange, losing Cherry Blossom battle with random teammates. Successful goals are green and failures are red.

Primary missions:

• Destroy enemies and defend at least a single Marine Corps position
  • Destroy enemy aerodromes.

Secondary missions:

• Defend both military transports
  • Ensure that at least 4 allied ships survive
  • Defend both allied regiment positions
  • Destroy 50 aircraft
  • Destroy flagship Atago.

The Essex heal carrier never showed up and the aerodromes never launched torpedo bombers.  We saved one Marine regiment, sank everything including the flagship, destroyed both aerodromes, four players survived, and we were awarded a defeat.  It was only my fifth Cherry Blossom operation but the way that this battle played out was new and different to me. 

Has this happened to anyone else?  Can anyone explain this?

Edited by Daffyd9x

[5D]
Members
2,209 posts
13,945 battles

I saw someone post something similar to your explanation last night. I think there is a glitch in the scenario.

I had something different happen last night. We killed all the DDs at the start and were in the midst of finishing off the DDs & cruisers attacking the marines.

We lost both regiments of marines but 5 of 7 ships were alive and the game ended suddenly in a defeat.

I have no idea why it ended as other matches have resulted in both marine groups being killed and we finished the battle with stars awarded.

Members
706 posts

if you are lacklustre in defending the marine regiments and they BOTH end up being destroyed, it will end automatically in defeat.

likewise if you don't destroy BOTH airbases, it will automatically end in defeat.

I have not had one occasion where BOTH marine regiments have been destroyed without it ending automatically in defeat. (have played it ~20 times).

though do note, the first part (defend the marine regiments) can complete while there is still 1 or 2 ships left, so if you don't press-home the attack and finish them off, the "defend the marine regiments" part can complete, then the marine regiments can then be destroyed without any effect on the outcome.  

Edited by b101uk
  • Boring 1

[PVE]
Members
299 posts

Had a game like that today.

We saved both Marine Regiments turn to go heal no CV and no planes from airbases.

[ARRGG]
[ARRGG]
Members
5,770 posts

there are 4 objectives that must be completed

save the marines

destroy the aerodromes

sink the flag ship

4 players must survive

if you fail at any one you lose

• Boring 1

[RKLES]
[RKLES]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
3,317 posts
11,420 battles

I took my Kutizov out last night for 2nd battle to prove to clan mate it can be a good ship in that scenario.

I honored around 14 km mark to try to save CV when they spawn. We ended up killing 1st 3 waved easy, so I move up way NW to intercept flagship as she spawns.....

Nope....

3 ZAO 's spawn, while me and then disappear. 

Members
706 posts
2 minutes ago, CLUCH_CARGO said:

save the marines

destroy the aerodromes

sink the flag ship

4 players must survive

you can still get 4 stars if there is less than 4 players surviving and you complete all the other objectives.

I also think (though I am not 100% sure) you can let the flagship escape, and provided you complete all the other objectives that is also 4 stars.

the only automatic fails, are all the players die before the last ~10sec, both aerodromes are not destroyed, the marine regiments are destroyed before that part of the mission completes.

[WOLF3]
Members
5,928 posts
2,203 battles
20 minutes ago, CLUCH_CARGO said:

save the marines

destroy the aerodromes

sink the flag ship

4 players must survive

Isn't there are a requirement involving the Transports?  I've never seen them threatened so don't know.

I *think* we lost both regiments in one battle last night.  4 stars so maybe we didn't, but the green circle did go out.  (Perhaps we killed the last ship that could bombard it?)

Also later in the same battle one of the CVs turned and left.  Okay...

Yeah, the Op is a little bugged, but I hope they don't fix it in the way that they fixed Ultimate Frontier.

[INTEL]
Beta Testers
1,573 posts
3,901 battles
13 minutes ago, iDuckman said:

Isn't there are a requirement involving the Transports?  I've never seen them threatened so don't know.

I *think* we lost both regiments in one battle last night.  4 stars so maybe we didn't, but the green circle did go out.  (Perhaps we killed the last ship that could bombard it?)

Also later in the same battle one of the CVs turned and left.  Okay...

Yeah, the Op is a little bugged, but I hope they don't fix it in the way that they fixed Ultimate Frontier.

I watched a YouTube video on it, and saving the two transports is listed on the end screen as one of the star missions.

Which one is the flagship?

Edit - nevermind, saw it on a graphic in another post.