Salem, Epic Fail TX PREMIUM

28 comments in this topic

[FURIA]
[FURIA]
Members
21 posts
15,528 battles

SPECTATIVE VS REALITY

Before buying the Salem I hoped to be able to win a good amount of money per game, and having the boat I realized that it is not like that.

Generates less than or equal to a line boat or a Tier V premium.

Do not rush into buying it, it does not work if you want to collect money in the game.

PD:   I asked for the money back because I did not like the boat and they ended up answering me for the atlanta

(Google translator "Thank you for reading" )

Spoiler

VS.jpg

Spoiler

shot-18.06.27_22.13.44-0421.jpg

Spoiler

shot-18.06.27_22.32.40-0249.jpg

Spoiler

shot-18.06.27_23.31.32-0057.jpg

Spoiler

shot-18.06.27_23.31.40-0306.jpg

Spoiler

shot-18.06.27_23.32.35-0267.jpg

Spoiler

shot-18.06.27_23.33.51-0483.jpg

Spoiler

shot-18.06.27_23.33.56-0876.jpg

Spoiler

shot-18.06.27_23.59.22-0056.jpg

Spoiler

987.PNG

• Cool 2

[VW]
Members
1,819 posts
12,266 battles

Caveat emptor. Read mouse, you heard it there first!

Edited by monpetitloup
  • Cool 5

[HYDRO]
Members
1,305 posts
3,661 battles

Every single CC was talking about how Salem didn't have premium earnings, being slightly worse in fact than a tech tree ship with the permanent camo on. In general it is good to do some reasearch, especially before giving large amounts of coal/steel.

[PVE]
[PVE]
Beta Testers
1,548 posts
3,734 battles
6 minutes ago, warheart1992 said:

Every single CC was talking about how Salem didn't have premium earnings, being slightly worse in fact than a tech tree ship with the permanent camo on. In general it is good to do some reasearch, especially before giving large amounts of coal/steel.

In fact Salem actually has the tier 10 premium camo bonuses of -50% service cost, +20% credit earnings, 100% xp bonus, and the usual combat buffs of concealment and incoming fire dispersion.

This camo was not present for the CCs when it was in testing, this was added when Salem went live.

Her service cost after applying all the bonuses possible will be 27k credits that is just about tier 6 level of service cost so her net earnings are better than the tech tree ships.

[HYDRO]
Members
1,305 posts
3,661 battles
8 minutes ago, Vader_Sama said:

In fact Salem actually has the tier 10 premium camo bonuses of -50% service cost, +20% credit earnings, 100% xp bonus, and the usual combat buffs of concealment and incoming fire dispersion.

This camo was not present for the CCs when it was in testing, this was added when Salem went live.

Her service cost after applying all the bonuses possible will be 27k credits that is just about tier 6 level of service cost so her net earnings are better than the tech tree ships.

Ah, I see, wasn't aware of that change.

[FURIA]
[FURIA]
Members
21 posts
15,528 battles

Still not forgetting that it is a premium boat x tier, should generate more not as much or less than a ship of tier V

[SYN]
[SYN]
Members
6,722 posts
7,354 battles
6 minutes ago, Cap_Brujo said:

Still not forgetting that it is a premium boat x tier, should generate more not as much or less than a ship of tier V

It's a bunch of pixels, and pixel money. Relax, man. Play a few rounds in something else to make up the difference. The point is to have fun.

[FURIA]
[FURIA]
Members
21 posts
15,528 battles
12 minutes ago, Th3KrimzonD3mon said:

It's a bunch of pixels, and pixel money. Relax, man. Play a few rounds in something else to make up the difference. The point is to have fun.

That's right, entertaining and sad at the same time

[TF16B]
Members
8,048 posts
16,978 battles
32 minutes ago, Th3KrimzonD3mon said:

Pretty much. If I ever have the resources I’ll get it just because I’ve visited the actual Salem in Quincy, MA, and it’s my policy to purchase ships I’ve physically visited, if possible, if they become available in-game.

[TSG4B]
[TSG4B]
Members
1,710 posts
9,402 battles
2 hours ago, Cap_Brujo said:

Do not rush into buying it

1 question

How did you get so much coal/steel in the first few days?? give me some hints please

[PVE]
[PVE]
Beta Testers
1,548 posts
3,734 battles
1 hour ago, warheart1992 said:

Ah, I see, wasn't aware of that change.

I don't think anyone was up until Salem went live in the Arsenal.

[FURIA]
[FURIA]
Members
21 posts
15,528 battles
1 hour ago, ObiwankzKenobi said:

1 question

How did you get so much coal/steel in the first few days?? give me some hints please

by ranking and clan battles and Oil 15140 have

[TSG4B]
[TSG4B]
Members
1,710 posts
9,402 battles
2 hours ago, Cap_Brujo said:

15140 have

so after the patch, you got immediately 15 140 coal?

[VW]
Members
1,819 posts
12,266 battles
13 hours ago, Vader_Sama said:

read the review:

The ship has no significant economic bonuses beyond a reduced repair cost.  She earns less experience than a tier X ship with premium camouflage and playing her regularly may end up costing a player credits, making regular play unsustainable. (!)

Community Department
2,011 posts
500 battles
15 hours ago, Cap_Brujo said:

SPECTATIVE VS REALITY

Before buying the Salem I hoped to be able to win a good amount of money per game, and having the boat I realized that it is not like that.

Generates less than or equal to a line boat or a Tier V premium.

Do not rush into buying it, it does not work if you want to collect money in the game.

There is no any conspiracy about the ship. The info is opened. One could reduce service cost to 45k with pemanent camo. But there wasn't any info, that Salem win big amount of credits per game. Make ticket, I hope you'll solve the question. 

[ARP3]
Members
355 posts
9,900 battles

Maybe english is not his native language and it wasn't apparent. 

The premium consumables make the money seem low. Add in the silver used to resupply and it's decent. She's a hungry ship to feed. Caesar has repair and heal, and that's it. 

Edited by Cit_the_bed

[EREKT]
Members
752 posts
5,758 battles

Wow, what a rip off. I'm not saving up coal for that... it's like double the cost of a Musashi

[PVE]
[PVE]
Beta Testers
1,548 posts
3,734 battles
7 hours ago, monpetitloup said:

read the review:

The ship has no significant economic bonuses beyond a reduced repair cost.  She earns less experience than a tier X ship with premium camouflage and playing her regularly may end up costing a player credits, making regular play unsustainable. (!)

Exhibit A

2gQwYkk.jpg?1

[VW]
Members
1,819 posts
12,266 battles
1 hour ago, Vader_Sama said:

Exhibit A

2gQwYkk.jpg?1

All i know is mouse printed the starement in bold and it’s still up. She asked memebers to submit their des memes data to make that conclusion. Let’s see what she thinks.

@LittleWhiteMouse if you get a chance could you please provide us with some clarification?

[WG-CC]
WoWS Community Contributors
9,032 posts
7,609 battles
Just now, monpetitloup said:

All i know is mouse printed the starement in bold and it’s still up. She asked memebers to submit their des memes data to make that conclusion. Let’s see what she thinks.

@LittleWhiteMouse if you get a chance could you please provide us with some clarification?

It means that Wargaming changed the camouflage between the test version and going live and neglected to tell CCs of the upcoming change (despite repeated asks for info).

• Cool 2

[VW]
Members
1,819 posts
12,266 battles
1 minute ago, LittleWhiteMouse said:

It means that Wargaming changed the camouflage between the test version and going live and neglected to tell CCs of the upcoming change (despite repeated asks for info).

Ouch. thanks for the instantaneous reply! :cap_like:

I guess that means we can assume no losses in credits then?

[WG-CC]
WoWS Community Contributors
9,032 posts
7,609 battles
12 minutes ago, monpetitloup said:

Outside of co-op and really bad losses in Randoms, you should be okay.

• Cool 1

[VW]
Members
1,819 posts
12,266 battles
2 minutes ago, LittleWhiteMouse said:

Outside of co-op and really bad losses in Randoms, you should be okay.

Merci beaucoup souris!!!! Enjoy your ship eh!

[PVE]
[PVE]
Beta Testers
1,548 posts
3,734 battles
1 hour ago, monpetitloup said:

Co op service cost with all modifications is 20,250 credits and for random battles it would be 27k. Hard to imagine to lose credits in co op with a service fee like that unless you barely did anything and run premium consumables.