You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
ThePwnageMachine

Unhealthy Environment

Radar Cruiser Unhealthiness Poll  

71 members have voted

1. 1. How unhealthy is the whole "Radar Cruiser" situation for the game & community?

• Very unhealthy. I've noticed a difference, and it is obvious that it is damaging the community & game.
    • Slightly unhealthy. I've noticed a difference, I think that it is damaging the community & game.
    • No change or complacent

15 comments in this topic

[NGA-B]
Members
75 posts
1,469 battles

It's become pretty obvious to me by now, that this whole "radar cruiser" infestation and situation has caused a lot of controversy, as I expected it to. I'm done trying to get my point across as a DD player. My main concern now, is simply how unhealthy this whole situation is for the game and the community. Below, I've listed my personal observations over the past weeks, since the last two patches were released.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

There is salt flying, EVERYWHERE. It's pretty clear that a war on words is going on right now, and it is only damaging the community. People are biting each others' heads off nearly every thread that I read.

- The battles that happen now, rarely have more than 2 DD's on a team. Sometimes one, or no destroyers.

The CA's, CL's, and BB's snipe at long range. There seems to be quite a bit less tanking occurring in games.

Capping points also seems to have become a thing of the past, in comparison to games I have played prior to the release of the last two patches.

(to make sure I don't upset BB captains) Burning ships are everywhere. Literally, everywhere. 

There are less overall games played, by a not insignificant margin, since the introduction of the past two patches, and that average continues to decline.

Take a look at the poll attached to the thread, and throw your vote in there, and let me know what you think below. If you consider it unhealthy for the game and community, or if you don't, share your thoughts with me/us.

• Cool 3
  • Boring 5
  • Bad 1

[GWG]
[GWG]
Alpha Tester, In AlfaTesters
15,150 posts
8,766 battles

We needed this, another radar thread. There is always a surge when something new is put into the game and things were only just getting settled down from the first half of the US cruiser split when the second half hit. Either drop down to where there is little or no radar, play something that radar has little impact on, or take a break until things get settled down.

• Funny 1

Members
3,774 posts
21 minutes ago, ThePwnageMachine said:

It's become pretty obvious to me by now, that this whole "radar cruiser" infestation and situation has caused a lot of controversy, as I expected it to. I'm done trying to get my point across as a DD player. My main concern now, is simply how unhealthy this whole situation is for the game and the community. Below, I've listed my personal observations over the past weeks, since the last two patches were released.

There is salt flying, EVERYWHERE. It's pretty clear that a war on words is going on right now, and it is only damaging the community. People are biting each others' heads off nearly every thread that I read.

- The battles that happen now, rarely have more than 2 DD's on a team. Sometimes one, or no destroyers.

The CA's, CL's, and BB's snipe at long range. There seems to be quite a bit less tanking occurring in games.

Capping points also seems to have become a thing of the past, in comparison to games I have played prior to the release of the last two patches.

(to make sure I don't upset BB captains) Burning ships are everywhere. Literally, everywhere. 

There are less overall games played, by a not insignificant margin, since the introduction of the past two patches, and that average continues to decline.

Take a look at the poll attached to the thread, and throw your vote in there, and let me know what you think below. If you consider it unhealthy for the game and community, or if you don't, share your thoughts with me/us.

Seriously why all the posts crying about radar coming on the forums?  I mean its not a big deal you are just adding fuel to the fire with this post

Clutch Move In Before The Lock GIF - ClutchMove InBeforeTheLock GIFs

[PNG]
Supertester
5,655 posts
6,455 battles

Had several games yesterday where there were five DDs per side at T10. It was interesting.

[SF-E]
Members
354 posts
9,725 battles

I'll share a , perhaps, unpopular position....

I do not see a problem. If you are playing in a 1-2 DD per side match with a lot of radar and you are the smart DD who avoids getting nuked in early game, you then become the little god named Jobu. Quickly you'll find that your power and influence is great and everyone on your team is giving you pleasant wishes and wanting your help. Play smart and be the DD that beats the radar, it is good practice for Clan Battles.

Edited by _Big_Lou_
  • Cool 3

[PNG]
Supertester
5,655 posts
6,455 battles

Had several games yesterday where there were five DDs per side at T10. It was interesting.

[STW]
Members
658 posts
4,336 battles

And when the UK DD line drops, it'll yo-yo back to 4-5 DDs per team per match, if not sooner (this has already been the case for me at high tiers).  It was not that long ago that people complained about that.  Now we have the glut of radar cruisers because people are playing new ships and doing the missions with them; once the new wears off then it'll balance out again, but it's not like they were uncommon before.  I think it's mostly an overreaction.  The people that learn to function around it as a DD will be better for having learned, the people that already know how to deal with it will, and the ones that don't will play something else until then.

[-TAB-]
Members
1,597 posts
5,126 battles

I grew up in an unhealthy environment. WoWs is nothing even remotely close to an unhealthy environment. sometimes the MM is a bit broken, but it's still a highly enjoyable game. ----->GAME<-----

• Cool 6

Members
0 posts
2 minutes ago, Deviathan said:

And when the UK DD line drops, it'll yo-yo back to 4-5 DDs per team per match

Not for me, I'll stop where Superman Vision (radar) begins. 

[GWG]
[GWG]
Alpha Tester, In AlfaTesters
15,150 posts
8,766 battles
1 minute ago, Compassghost said:

Four and five per team is too many for enjoyable play but so is only one or none. I find two to three to be the happy medium of enough DD's to cover the initial scouting but not so many that everyone including the DD's become afraid to move.

Members
17,764 posts
5,084 battles

Trying to remember, when KM BBs came in, did people have issues with secondaries knocking them off? I know people had major issues with RN HE when their BBs came out. Pretty sure HE spamophobia reached 9000 when VMF CLs came out.

No point judging anything until the novelty settles out of the queue.

Members
17,764 posts
5,084 battles
13 minutes ago, Sovereigndawg said:

Change your tactics, is all I can say.

Agreed. 

Even if WG decided to strip radar from USN CLs, it wouldn't happen tomorrow. I wouldn't be surprised if they even discounted metrics for the first while after a line release.

Whatever does or doesn't happen, in the now, all you can do is adapt, whether that's by changing tactics, or playing different ships.

[WGA]
Administrator, Developers
784 posts
5,768 battles

Fleet,

There are multiple threads already discussing radar and the purpose of this post is to cause unrest within the Forums community.

Remember posts should be constructive, civil, and not repetitive themes that are already present.

#anchorsaweigh

• Cool 2
  • Bad 1