You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
_no_one_

ok Arsenal math.

12 comments in this topic

Members
475 posts
5,642 battles

A few days ago i said that it was impossible for me to have an opinion about the incoming Arsenal. I didn't knew how much would cost the items and how much i could farm in one day with containers.

Now i know so let´s do some quick math.

I only open the signals containers. From my experience it is the best choice. 

For each container pre patch 7.6  i would get 12 random flags in the best scenario or 8 flags and some cammo which is always useful. Now i get only 8 flags and 400 coal. 

Now the flags in arsenal costs between 800 to 12800 coal. I will use the 6400 coal price for this math.Don't forget that each pack comes with 20 flags.

Ok so for me to buy a 20 flags pack with a 6400 coal price , farming 400 coal with each container.  I need to farm 16 containers . Farming 3 containers each day will take me 6 days to farm the needed coal.

Now for each containers in the new patch i am losing 4 flags .

So 16 x 4 = 64 . 

So 64-20 = 44

So in the end each time i farm enough coal to buy a 20 flags pack with a 6400 coal price i am in fact losing 44 flags. Interesting.

• Funny 1

[AWP]
Members
780 posts
2,941 battles
3 minutes ago, _no_one_ said:

A few days ago i said that it was impossible for me to have an opinion about the incoming Arsenal. I didn't knew how much would cost the items and how much i could farm in one day with containers.

For each container pre patch 7.6  i would get 12 random flags in the best scenario or 8 flags and some cammo which is always useful. Now i get only 8 flags and 400 coal. 

Now the flags in arsenal costs between 800 to 12800 coal. I will use the 6400 coal price for this math.Don't forget that each pack comes with 20 flags.

Ok so for me to buy a 20 flags pack with a 6400 coal price , farming 400 coal with each container.  I need to farm 16 containers . Farming 3 containers each day will take me 6 days to farm the needed coal.

So 16 x 4 = 64 . 

So 64-20 = 44

So in the end each time i farm enough coal to buy a 20 flags pack with a 6400 coal price i am in fact losing 44 flags. Interesting.

You can’t really tell an exact value of coal though. I mean yeah in flags you are losing but when it comes to cash value, the Campbeltown was like $1=1,930 coal while the Bismarck containers are $1=333.33 coal. 

[ARGSY]
Members
5,682 posts
3,870 battles

We haven't seen all the ways we might earn coal yet, so stay calm. The lack of flags in your containers could easily be compensated by a combination of non-container coal and the freedom to choose flags you prefer rather than whatever RNG dishes out.

[CB-77]
Members
167 posts
1,387 battles

Comrad Stalin demands you purchase premium time to compensate!

[PVE]
Members
8,770 posts
7,225 battles
11 minutes ago, _no_one_ said:

So 16 x 4 = 64 . 

So 64-20 = 44

You may lose 44 flags, depending on how often WoWs puts coal into the daily missions. But you are getting 20 of the flag that you want and not having to rely on RNG to give you the flag you want.

• Cool 1

[SBS]
Members
2,388 posts
2,247 battles
Just now, Ensign_Cthulhu said:

We haven't seen all the ways we might earn coal yet, so stay calm. The lack of flags in your containers could easily be compensated by a combination of non-container coal and the freedom to choose flags you prefer rather than whatever RNG dishes out.

Good point.  However, WG has a lot of ground to break even for this particular deal.

[ARRGG]
Members
4,672 posts
7,498 battles
13 minutes ago, _no_one_ said:

So 16 x 4 = 64 . 

So 64-20 = 44

I do the same thing, the only container I open is signals, but I’ve noticed something odd, I have the speed flag on my Murmansk and Zao, If I play these two ships a lot and use these flags guess what flag comes up a lot in containers... the speed flag, if I’m not playing these ships with these flags .. the speed flag is rare, now that you can buy these flags with coal I wonder if that little algorithm will change

Members
475 posts
5,642 battles
15 minutes ago, Kizarvexis said:

You may lose 44 flags, depending on how often WoWs puts coal into the daily missions. But you are getting 20 of the flag that you want and not having to rely on RNG to give you the flag you want.

I will explain what happens in the long run.

You could have 44 more flags , random yes but there isn't many categories or you can have 20 specifc in one category. And i used the 6400 price. If i use 12800 price tag it will be 88 flags i lose. 

Is it worth it  in the long run?

Now i not saying that is all bad . For example  players can buy ships with coal and that is a very nice feature. But i think there is the need for some changes in the signals price.

Edited by _no_one_

[VW]
Members
1,811 posts
12,262 battles
22 minutes ago, _no_one_ said:

You could have 44 more flags , random yes but there isn't many categories or you can have 20 specifc in one category. And i used the 6400 price. If i use 12800 price tag it will be 88 flags i lose. 

Now i not saying that is all bad . For example  players can buy ships with coal and that is a very nice feature. But i think there is the need for some changes in the signals price.

Another factor is that many of the ships availabe have been offered for free. It would be interesting to see when new ships rotate through if they will be classics like sharn or Tirpitz etc and their cost in coal or if these will never be available for coal...?

(btw can someone please help me out, i was hoping to know the price of tirpitz in $, on my website itonly shows in €, and on account of villainy i cant change it. Thanks in advance!)

[PVE]
Members
8,770 posts
7,225 battles
32 minutes ago, _no_one_ said:

I'm sure WG will be monitoring, but we have had coal available for one day. The June missions came out before coal. Let's give WG a bit of time before we decide on how common coal will be.

• Cool 1

Members
287 posts
4,277 battles

The value of the coal vs signals in the container will also be somewhat modified by the use of coupons.  I see that I have two 50% and two 25% signals coupons in my Arsenal.  Use them wisely and your "loss" of signals due to coal drop instead is somewhat mitigated.  How often will we get such coupons, who can say?

Though the ability to select whatever signals you want to buy with coal in the Arsenal also gives a benefit vs taking whatever had been dropped to you in the container, there are not really too many "useless" signals as long as you play a variety of ships.  Sure, a destroyer has little use fore India Delta, Mike Yankee Soxsix or November Echo Setteseven signals, but battleships will.  RN cruisers have no use for India X-Ray, but most other ships will.  Most battleships and American cruisers need no Juliet Whiskey Unaone signals, but torpedoboats will love them.  Low tier ships get almost no benefit from India Bravo Terrathree, but try playing your Tier X without it!  Probably the only universally useless signal is Hotel Yankee, but I for one do not get inundated with ramming signals.  So if a player is virtually exclusive in their ship type, buying signals in the Arsenal can be beneficial vs accumulating unwanted signals, but I think that more diverse players will end up with a net loss.

Members
475 posts
5,642 battles
12 minutes ago, Mono_De_Mantequilla said:

The value of the coal vs signals in the container will also be somewhat modified by the use of coupons.  I see that I have two 50% and two 25% signals coupons in my Arsenal.  Use them wisely and your "loss" of signals due to coal drop instead is somewhat mitigated.  How often will we get such coupons, who can say?

Though the ability to select whatever signals you want to buy with coal in the Arsenal also gives a benefit vs taking whatever had been dropped to you in the container, there are not really too many "useless" signals as long as you play a variety of ships.  Sure, a destroyer has little use fore India Delta, Mike Yankee Soxsix or November Echo Setteseven signals, but battleships will.  RN cruisers have no use for India X-Ray, but most other ships will.  Most battleships and American cruisers need no Juliet Whiskey Unaone signals, but torpedoboats will love them.  Low tier ships get almost no benefit from India Bravo Terrathree, but try playing your Tier X without it!  Probably the only universally useless signal is Hotel Yankee, but I for one do not get inundated with ramming signals.  So if a player is virtually exclusive in their ship type, buying signals in the Arsenal can be beneficial vs accumulating unwanted signals, but I think that more diverse players will end up with a net loss.

True. I just don't play with carriers so all the flags are good for me. About cupons yes i agree, we need to wait.