You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
_no_one_

Dallas CE is wrong ?

13 comments in this topic

Members
475 posts
5,642 battles

ok very quick.

Dallas have 11.9 km CE

Helena is a much bigger ship also have 11.9km  CE.  So fix one WG?

• Boring 1
  • Bad 1

[SYN]
Members
4,530 posts
11,433 battles

Missouri is one of the biggest ships in the entire game, yet it has one of the lowest potential detection radii.  Not that I'm complaining, of course.  Being an owner of one.

Logic doesn't always apply in this game when it comes to the philosophy behind some ships' attributes.

But I understand what you're saying.  IMO the Dallas could probably use a small buff in concealment.

[ARRGG]
[ARRGG]
Members
5,770 posts

The concealment issue is the heart of WG's worst nightmare.

every time is is countered the ROAR Intensifies.

[MIA-A]
Members
2,014 posts
9,612 battles

It's based on ship height, not ship size.*   

*prior to any balancing

For instance, Mogami should be far sneakier than Atago, and used to be at T7 (base concealment-wise), but had concealment significantly nerfed on being moved to T8.

Edited by thegamefilmguruman

Members
1,131 posts
3,141 battles

Also remember that Izumo can have around 19km without modules and skills but with all the modifiers it goes down to around 14. The concealment goes down 5 whole kilometers. Concealment is a gameplay factor and not always logical. 

Members
3,774 posts
22 minutes ago, _no_one_ said:

ok very quick.

Dallas have 11.9 km CE

Deal with it.  You are in a cruiser NOT a DD.  You don't get the Concealment Upgrade Module at tier 6.

Members
475 posts
5,642 battles
26 minutes ago, Kuckoo said:

Missouri is one of the biggest ships in the entire game, yet it has one of the lowest potential detection radii.  Not that I'm complaining, of course.  Being an owner of one.

Logic doesn't always apply in this game when it comes to the philosophy behind some ships' attributes.

But I understand what you're saying.  IMO the Dallas could probably use a small buff in concealment.

Yes i share your opinion.

21 minutes ago, thegamefilmguruman said:

It's based on ship height, not ship size.*   

*prior to any balancing

For instance, Mogami should be far sneakier than Atago, and used to be at T7 (base concealment-wise), but had concealment significantly nerfed on being moved to T8.

Well that is the point. Look at both and you will see that Helena is a bigger ship. Length and height.

14 minutes ago, CarbonButtprint said:

Also remember that Izumo can have around 19km without modules and skills but with all the modifiers it goes down to around 14. The concealment goes down 5 whole kilometers. Concealment is a gameplay factor and not always logical. 

Yes you are right.

12 minutes ago, torpsRus said:

Deal with it.  You are in a cruiser NOT a DD.  You don't get the Concealment Upgrade Module at tier 6.

I am not complaining.  

21 minutes ago, CLUCH_CARGO said:

The concealment issue is the heart of WG's worst nightmare.

every time is is countered the ROAR Intensifies.

True.

Edited by _no_one_

[UDEAD]
[UDEAD]
Beta Testers
1,024 posts
10,198 battles

It's part of the game balancing decisions, if they feel that the survivability of that ship is lower than they wanted/expected they will either add something to the HP pool, or make it stealthier as an aide to survival.  I wouldn't expect any big changes in it for at least 2-3 patches though.

Members
4,743 posts
5,464 battles
9 minutes ago, _no_one_ said:

Well that is the point. Look at both and you will see that Helena is a bigger ship. Length and height.

This isn't the only discrepancy like this.

Akatsuki is the same size as both Kagero and Fubuki(there's a difference of 4 inches in length between Akatsuki/Kagero and Fubuki). Yet, even excluding the use of the concealment module at T8, both Fubuki and Kagero are stealthier than Akatsuki. (of course, this isn't even getting into the fact that the special type destroyers, Fubuki and Akatsuki, are modeled larger than they should be anyway)

Concealment is a balancing factor, that generally has some rules WG follows, but will be tweaked in order for them to achieve whatever balance they want.

Edited by GhostSwordsman

[MIA-A]
Members
2,014 posts
9,612 battles
16 minutes ago, _no_one_ said:

I found two line drawings of either ship and will overlay them after scaling off the 127mm turrets they both share. My bet is they'll have the same height (with masts and such) but different lengths. You'll need to wait a couple hours til I'm off work, though.

Edited by thegamefilmguruman

[GWG]
[GWG]
Alpha Tester, In AlfaTesters
15,169 posts
8,785 battles
53 minutes ago, _no_one_ said:

ok very quick.

Dallas have 11.9 km CE

Concealment is based on mast height with some tweaks.

Members
475 posts
5,642 battles
16 minutes ago, BiggieD61 said:

It's part of the game balancing decisions, if they feel that the survivability of that ship is lower than they wanted/expected they will either add something to the HP pool, or make it stealthier as an aide to survival.  I wouldn't expect any big changes in it for at least 2-3 patches though.

Yes, they usually take 2 - 3 patches to make some changes. And the guns are the same in both ships , but Helena have 15 and the Dallas only 10. So i guess or the Dallas is going to get a buff or the Helena goes to have a nerf.

[MIA-A]
Members
2,014 posts
9,612 battles

Ok, so I overlayed the two ships.  Helena is about 2 feet taller than Dallas, meaning an extremely marginal concealment advantage to Dallas, which wouldn't show up in stats. However, Helena is significantly larger-which is why Helena does have a much worse air spotting value. 

eS71C5X.png