You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Shadowrigger1

Future Oil/Coal

14 comments in this topic

[PNP]
Members
4,314 posts
13,313 battles

So, upon the rollout of the new Arsenal, we all got a "back pay" of oil gained.   I was watching today , with each new container gained daily,  the 10 oil earned does not convert over to coal.    if we were paid for past Oil, why are we not being paid for the oil we are making now?

1.  Is all oil gains now just for the clan and you will not get coal for oil?

2. Is there going to be an oil reserve you can convert at some point in the future?

• Cool 1

[AWP]
Members
780 posts
2,955 battles

They said you would gain coal for your oil as of the update but did not say oil was changing to coal. If that was the case, one would think they would simply replace the in game oil with coal. 

[TASH]
Members
1,766 posts
3,975 battles

Currently you get coal randomly from containers 

[S0L0]
Members
850 posts
4,654 battles

My understanding is the coal/oil conversion is a single shot thing, oil will now be used only for clan purposes, and the personal oil is replaced by the coal drops in containers.

Matt

[PVE]
Members
8,859 posts
7,257 battles
19 minutes ago, Shadowrigger1 said:

So, upon the rollout of the new Arsenal, we all got a "back pay" of oil gained.   I was watching today , with each new container gained daily,  the 10 oil earned does not convert over to coal.    if we were paid for past Oil, why are we not being paid for the oil we are making now?

1.  Is all oil gains now just for the clan and you will not get coal for oil?

2. Is there going to be an oil reserve you can convert at some point in the future?

The Arsenal article said that oil earned until 7.6 was dropped would be converted to coal. After 7.6 went live, oil would only be for clan buildings and constructions.

"Firstly, when the Update with the Arsenal releases, players will receive a nice bonus for the Oil they have in stock—5 Coal for 1 Oil. After the release of Update 0.7.6, Oil is used only to build Naval Base objects and gain access to constructions."

Edited by Kizarvexis
  • Cool 1

[PNP]
Members
4,314 posts
13,313 battles
3 minutes ago, Kizarvexis said:

The patch notes said that oil earned until 7.6 was dropped would be converted to coal. After 7.6 went live, oil would only be for clan buildings and constructions.

That is the wording I am tring to find in the " notes" and can't seem to find it.

[PVE]
Members
8,859 posts
7,257 battles
Just now, Shadowrigger1 said:

That is the wording I am tring to find in the " notes" and can't seem to find it.

I just edited my post above with the quote from the Arsenal article.

[GWG]
[GWG]
Alpha Tester, In AlfaTesters
15,169 posts
8,785 battles
17 minutes ago, Belyy_Klyk said:

They said you would gain coal for your oil as of the update but did not say oil was changing to coal. If that was the case, one would think they would simply replace the in game oil with coal. 

Oil is owned by the clan. You are supposed to receive five coal for your use for each oil you receive although it doesn't seem to be updating at this time. It may be bugged or they are going to update it every few days to a week.

[PNP]
Members
4,314 posts
13,313 battles
14 minutes ago, Kizarvexis said:

I just edited my post above with the quote from the Arsenal article.

thanks, got it now  :)

[PVE]
Members
8,859 posts
7,257 battles
8 minutes ago, BrushWolf said:

Oil is owned by the clan. You are supposed to receive five coal for your use for each oil you receive although it doesn't seem to be updating at this time. It may be bugged or they are going to update it every few days to a week.

After 7.6 oil in only for clan stuff and you won't get any more oil to coal conversions per the Arsenal article.

[TBOW]
[TBOW]
Members
1,134 posts
10,047 battles

I am waiting for the fan-based currencies to pop up: Ash and Salt. :)

But seriously, I just got 900 coal from a non-super Try-Your-Luck container, and that was cool. 

[GWG]
[GWG]
Alpha Tester, In AlfaTesters
15,169 posts
8,785 battles
23 minutes ago, Kizarvexis said:

After 7.6 oil in only for clan stuff and you won't get any more oil to coal conversions per the Arsenal article.

Ah, missed that. :Smile_facepalm: So from now on coal will only be acquired from missions & containers. I can deal with that.