You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
LittleWhiteMouse

Premium Ship Review #105: HMCS Haida

329 comments in this topic

[HINON]
Supertester
18,901 posts
12,421 battles

IZkWaqU.gif

As for 'Cobra Chicken' ...

8UKtBUf.jpg

• Cool 6
  • Funny 13
  • Bad 2

Members
94 posts
1,267 battles

So it's really happening.  Cool

The backstory/history alone of this bote would be a selling point for me 

• Cool 1

[DAKI]
Alpha Tester, In AlfaTesters, Beta Testers
12,390 posts
4,284 battles

I'm happy for you Canadians. You can finally stop making new topics asking for Haida every few weeks. :Smile-_tongue:

• Funny 9

[FLWR]
Members
87 posts
3,018 battles

Slight fist pump, tighten jaw a bit, thumb up, salute.

[SVF]
Members
852 posts
1,277 battles

Thanks for the review @LittleWhiteMouse .  I laughed while reading the Hinterland Who's Who inserts.  Might acquire Haida for collection purposes, though I'm not nearly the best at DD play and am uncertain of my ability to make her shine.

[-DOG-]
Members
181 posts
3,032 battles
16 minutes ago, LittleWhiteMouse said:

P.S.  There's no codes or clues in this review!  Spare your eyes!

So does that mean the other June reviews had them?  I thought I was pretty thorough, but maybe I missed them. :fish_book:

Regardless of course, well written and thorough review.  Seems like the type of ship that fits the premium style - unique playstyle with a high ceiling.

+++

Edited by Old_Baldy_One

[DAKI]
Alpha Tester, In AlfaTesters, Beta Testers
12,390 posts
4,284 battles

There's something strangely sadistic about WG releasing a Canadian destroyer during a time that will be swarming with US radar cruisers for a while.

So step right up Canadians. Murica is waiting to skin Haida alive and turn her into their hat. :fish_viking:

• Cool 1
  • Funny 3
  • Bad 1
  • Angry 1

Beta Testers
1,564 posts
3,893 battles

It's a beauty way to go.  Great job, and thanks, eh!

[REVY]
Members
935 posts
7,270 battles

So when do they release the Don Cherry based Camo?

also: LWM in wooden shoes?.....could be interesting.

• Cool 1
  • Funny 1

[HINON]
Members
1,487 posts
14,545 battles

EY130fs.gif

• Funny 1

[WG-CC]
WoWS Community Contributors
9,022 posts
7,604 battles
8 minutes ago, Old_Baldy_One said:

So does that mean the other June reviews had them?  I thought I was pretty thorough, but maybe I missed them. :fish_book:

Regardless of course, well written and thorough review.  Seems like the type of ship that fits the premium style - unique playstyle with a high ceiling.

+++

All of the clues for June were published between the Monaghan, Salem and Massachusetts reviews.

[-DOG-]
Members
181 posts
3,032 battles
5 minutes ago, LittleWhiteMouse said:

All of the clues for June were published between the Monaghan, Salem and Massachusetts reviews.

Well played then.  Your ability to hide them in there has defeated this old man LOL :)

• Cool 1

Members
6 posts
3,462 battles

This is the best thing I have ever read.  As a fellow Canadian, thank you LWM.

• Cool 1

Members
1,248 posts
737 battles

Having superior concealment to same tier IJN DDs while also outgunning them is rather broken. I think they went way overboard with the concealment.

Edited by DeliciousFart
  • Bad 1

[CRMSN]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
5,332 posts
3,552 battles

@LittleWhiteMouse Excellent review as always, and once again I just want to echo the sentiment of the community regarding the amazing job and passion you put into your work. 

I also wanted to thank you as a Canadian for being a driving force and a real gauge for this ship from dream to reality. You have been the source of most news regarding Haida and it really brings me happiness to see this lovely ship in game. 

I want to thank @Pigeon_of_War  and the whole staff at WG'ing for making this ship a realization. I know at times we could be a little crazy with the Haida requests but you and your team did an amazing job getting this to us and creating a wonderful product for Canadians and all world of warships players to enjoy.  I would also like to stress that the naval legends video was absolutely top notch, and the battle recreation of Ushant was  awe inspiring even if it was short.

Thank you to @TheChieftain for hosting previous  WOT gatherings at Haida and your excellent work on the Naval legends video. 

Once again I cannot stress how excited i am to seeing Haida not just in the game, but presented in a way that has a unique playstyle that honestly hasn't really been experienced yet, which leaves me invigorated and excited for some Canadian CQC Cobrachicken Action. 

My wallet is prepped, my soul is complete.. I can't wait to play hundreds of games with  Haida!

Thank you everyone for the excellent work and passion put into this project, really a wonderful job. 

• Cool 6

[TOG]
Members
2,344 posts
14,546 battles
38 minutes ago, LittleWhiteMouse said:

Hinterland Who's Who: Haida Cobra-Chicken

Is that what you call them? I thought of them as honkers!

I think if you had played the Perth, you'll be comfortable with the creeping smoke. I've played the Perth as a DD when capping and the cowardly DD's refuse to go into harm's way.

[KRAB]
Members
615 posts
5,752 battles

Is there a mod which types "Sorry" in chat whenever you hit an enemy with a torpedo?

• Cool 3
  • Funny 4

[NGA-B]
Members
1,187 posts
7,584 battles

I'll probably pick her up as soon as she's released. I haven't gotten a premium since the Aigle so I can treat myself. Besides, she's a beautifully unique ship and I love those.

[RQL]
[RQL]
Beta Testers
627 posts
13,530 battles

Excellent review as always!  +1

@LittleWhiteMouse - the Asashio should be in your list of DD concealment values - fully upgraded gets the value down to 5.4km

[WG-CC]
WoWS Community Contributors
9,022 posts
7,604 battles
Just now, bat1159man said:

Excellent review as always!  +1

@LittleWhiteMouse - the Asashio should be in your list of DD concealment values it gets down to 5.4km

So very true.  Thanks!