You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
The_Really_Good_Man

Coal And Steel Economics

12 comments in this topic

Members
360 posts
5,807 battles

I noticed now that in this clan war season, gold is no longer offered as a reward for reaching higher divisions. But to compensate, they seem to be very generous with their steel distribution, though reaching typhoon, there is only enough steel for some of the lower tiered premiums. Is this a new tiered economics where gold is still the top followed by coal/steel with credits on the bottom? Will steel/coal ever become the middle man between gold and credit? 

Spoiler

More importantly, should I start teamkilling now so I can get a crap ton of coal from Santa?santa-coal.thumb.jpg.dca92ce7655e8417881e00611b0dee7d.jpg

[-K-]
[-K-]
Members
3,034 posts
12,514 battles

They're trying to deal with an oversupply of doubloons in the economy right now. Hard to say whether they'll bring it back in the future.

[ARRGG]
[ARRGG]
Members
5,770 posts
2 minutes ago, Edgecase said:

They're trying to deal with an oversupply of doubloons in the economy right now. Hard to say whether they'll bring it back in the future.

"Oversupply"? I wish that was my problem.

[NEUTR]
Members
2,207 posts
6,028 battles

Real money should never be able to allow a player to obtain steel/coal in anyway under the current implementation of Arsenal. But pretty sure WG will soon sell crates that can drop steel/coal. When that happens, it'll piss off a lot of people.

[WAIFU]
Beta Testers
1,824 posts
3,502 battles
23 minutes ago, NeutralState said:

Real money should never be able to allow a player to obtain steel/coal in anyway under the current implementation of Arsenal. But pretty sure WG will soon sell crates that can drop steel/coal. When that happens, it'll piss off a lot of people.

The whole thing is messed up tbh...

[PVE]
Members
8,802 posts
7,241 battles
29 minutes ago, NeutralState said:

I would not be surprised to see coal in special ship bundles, but I don't think coal would be sold like doubloons.

I would be very surprised to see steel in the shop at all.

[CAP]
Members
18 posts
7,867 battles

I'm bummed that steel is currently gated behind Clan battles (since I can't play clan battles in the time slots provided) but currently steel rewards don't wow me so it is cool. 

If they put a real cool and "gudboat" (borderline OP) boat up for steel, then I will feel different.  The current 3 ships are just ok (though the Black is nice).

[PLPT]
Members
579 posts
6,478 battles

What’s your definition of OP? The Black has both smoke and radar simultaneously.

[VW]
Members
1,819 posts
12,265 battles
11 hours ago, Jitta77 said:

I'm bummed that steel is currently gated behind Clan battles (since I can't play clan battles in the time slots provided) but currently steel rewards don't wow me so it is cool. 

If they put a real cool and "gudboat" (borderline OP) boat up for steel, then I will feel different.  The current 3 ships are just ok (though the Black is nice).

Agree with you on timing.

Stalingrad, op ship, will be available exclusively for steel.

[PVE]
Members
8,802 posts
7,241 battles
11 hours ago, Jitta77 said:

The Arsenal confirms that steel will be in Ranked. No details on how much steel at the various ranked levels.