You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
deresistance

0.7.6 great but disappointed in operation

11 comments in this topic

[RMRGD]
Members
175 posts
16,728 battles

This was a great patch.   Lots of new stuff, finish off the USN CL line.    Good times.   The Cherry Blossom operations was disappointing.   The night time mode is a lot of fun.   It does need to be darker, gamma issue wise.   It may be an issue with the game engine.  But its FAR to short.   few minutes in and its day time.   That made me rather sad.     The operation is FAR to easy as well.   5 start it the 2nd time around.    Did 5 stars for fun on 3rd and 4th time.    I wish it was harder.     The Zao's that just leave..  man if we had to engage them that would be a blast.    I love what WG did here.  I think overall its good.  Just night time was to quick and the mission to easy.

Love you WG.. keep making Operations.   This is just my criticism. 

[REVY]
Members
941 posts
7,312 battles
12 minutes ago, deresistance said:

This was a great patch.   Lots of new stuff, finish off the USN CL line.    Good times.   The Cherry Blossom operations was disappointing.   The night time mode is a lot of fun.   It does need to be darker, gamma issue wise.   It may be an issue with the game engine.  But its FAR to short.   few minutes in and its day time.   That made me rather sad.     The operation is FAR to easy as well.   5 start it the 2nd time around.    Did 5 stars for fun on 3rd and 4th time.    I wish it was harder.     The Zao's that just leave..  man if we had to engage them that would be a blast.    I love what WG did here.  I think overall its good.  Just night time was to quick and the mission to easy.

I did get at least 2 citadels on one Zao before it left. It all depends on your placement.

As for it being easy, it depends on your ship and your team. The US Cruisers likely have it better as they have a fairly decent balance of main guns and AAA. The British CLs obviously get a disadvantage with only having AP.

It does eventually come down to how well your team plays. I did see a stream were a team of decent players got chewed apart by the torpedos.

[LUCK]
Members
1,276 posts
19,088 battles
6 minutes ago, deresistance said:

Agreed the operation isn't that difficult however there has been whining about how hard some of the ops are.

Zaos engaging might not be a good thing for most T8s. I thought about cutting short to the carrier spot earlier in Kutuzov as it has the range to hit them, at the expense of supporting the operation which is selfish so I did not.

[OPG]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
2,872 posts
10,416 battles

Me and 2 other clan mates brought 3 zaos and completely killed the northern forces until our allies finished down south.

[WOLF1]
Members
76 posts
3,981 battles

Glad you are enjoying the Op, I had fun playing it on the test server but now I am one of many who can’t load into it due to a bug and when I try , get turned pink for my efforts. Wasn’t the reason they went to a four week update cycle so they could do more QC?

i love the game but this is frustrating 

Members
230 posts
498 battles
32 minutes ago, deresistance said:

The scenario is too easy for competent players, but watch what happens this weekend.

Right now the competent players are knocking it out, so it seems easy. Wait until they are bored with it....the average players in this game will die to torps before they ever reach the first way point.

The real problem is the vast skill difference between the small number of competent players in this game, and the vast number of casual ones.

Great scenario for farming though, pretty easy to rack up 2k base with a decent team. 

• Cool 1

[SYN]
[SYN]
Members
6,685 posts
10,025 battles

The operation seems unduly frustrating, there are too many stages when the bots kite out, I particularly don't like the section where you have to kill a kiting pair of Myoko's quickly with Cleves/Balti's at 15+ km.

Losing the shore troops seems the easiest way to lose a 5-star and it happens very early, you're then stuck knowing it's a dead game for the rest of it, which is pretty easy.

[RMRGD]
Members
175 posts
16,728 battles
28 minutes ago, mofton said:

The operation seems unduly frustrating, there are too many stages when the bots kite out, I particularly don't like the section where you have to kill a kiting pair of Myoko's quickly with Cleves/Balti's at 15+ km.

Losing the shore troops seems the easiest way to lose a 5-star and it happens very early, you're then stuck knowing it's a dead game for the rest of it, which is pretty easy.

I rush the shore fast as possible to take the dmg.   After that its repair real quick at the friendly CV then push into the enemy bases and destroy them.    I do agree weekend players may struggle but compared to some operations this one was very easy.

[KRAB]
Members
615 posts
5,816 battles

Just bring a Baltimore and farm with SHS. 

[WOLF3]
Members
5,979 posts
2,203 battles
56 minutes ago, ObviousAlt said:

The scenario is too easy for competent players, but watch what happens this weekend.

Right now the competent players are knocking it out, so it seems easy. Wait until they are bored with it....the average players in this game will die to torps before they ever reach the first way point.

The real problem is the vast skill difference between the small number of competent players in this game, and the vast number of casual ones.

Great scenario for farming though, pretty easy to rack up 2k base with a decent team. 

Yes.  The Pros from Dover killed it last night.  Voice comms helped tremendously in coordinating consumables.  But the Op is a little bugged, notably the Zaos.  Frankly, the southern force is a little weak, but it's difficult to balance: even now there's a good chance that the Marines will die before the green force can get there; adding more IJN ships would make that worse.

It will be very interesting to see how the Op plays with random players.

I too congratulate WG on a very good release.  Thanks!

[ARRGG]
[ARRGG]
Members
5,770 posts

There will be some hilarious posts about the Cherry Blossom Operation..... Those who don't read the Mission along with those who don't read the Chat.

This Scenario is Designed to play as a TEAM. Understanding the Mission is Key.

Those who take the time to understand "BEFORE" hitting the Battle Button , will call it "TOO EASY"

Those Who don't well I say wait for the Posts and grab your Popcorn.