You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
HMCS_Devilfish

Zao Torp buff?

14 comments in this topic

[ARRGG]
Members
4,681 posts
7,503 battles

Wows in there infinite wisdom has given the Zao a longer range Type 93 Torp option with a range  increase to 12k from 8k these longer range Torps also do more damage but at a cost of longer reloads and a 9 k speed reduction, just wondering how many will be doing this? , ive done it

[CAFE]
Members
1,393 posts
10,682 battles

It’s a no brainer to use the upgrade. Previously, the 8km torps were pretty much unusable because you needed to turn full broad and to have a realistic chance of landing them the target was well in your detection. Now you can safely invisipeed and not be at major risk...

Edited by FratStar4Life

[HINON]
Members
8,870 posts

It's a nasty area denial or ambush tool when you can spam 20 torpedoes.

[ARP2]
Members
1,224 posts
3,569 battles
5 minutes ago, Sparviero said:

Want to try seems more of a kiting tool to be honest. 

The torpedo arcs

aren't good for kiting unlike the rest of the ijn cruiser line.

[LUCK]
Members
1,278 posts
19,102 battles

Better question why it took so long to get at least 10km like the rest of the line from T5-T9. I always thought it was odd that the top CA for the line was inferior in torpedo range.

WG has gone to great pains with regard to gun progression however torps - eh whatever.

[WOLF9]
Members
23 posts
3,731 battles

Yeah, on Hotspot last night I was in a group heading wide west from the south at the start (not contesting A cap) and tossed my set of right side torps through the SW opening of A cap while driving by and blindly sank an Edinburgh with a couple of the them.  Poor ship was never even spotted.  Fortunately they got some cap points before heading back to port.

With Zao's concealment and the longer torps she can also certainly help slow down a lost or weak flank.  Deny area, if you get any floods kite away and light them on fire. 

[TSPC]
Beta Testers
1,104 posts
10,105 battles

just have not looked at it yet.  Will probably do it.

#clanwars

[NEUTR]
Members
2,207 posts
6,055 battles
50 minutes ago, FratStar4Life said:

It’s a no brainer to use the upgrade. Previously, the 8km torps were pretty much unusable because you needed to turn full broad and to have a realistic chance of landing them the target was well in your detection. Now you can safely invisipeed and not be at major risk...

Good luck citadelling a Zao. Just turn man, turn!

But do looking forward to Zaos friendly torping their forward DDs. You know there will be morons trying to get in the cap action with 12 km torps.

Edited by NeutralState

[SYN]
[SYN]
Members
6,744 posts
7,373 battles

IMO, she just became much more viable in competitive play. Guns, stealth, and now 12km torps, balanced out by, I think, the worst torp reload in the game at stock reload. Those torps, even in randoms, are going to make some serious salty rage. I completely forgot about it, I didn't try mine yesterday.

Members
2,278 posts
7,378 battles

Unneeded buff, but welcome anyway. The 12 km torps are just straight better, over 2 km to stealth launch your torps.

The 8 km were pretty meh, the torps are good, but considering the terrible torp arcs and the "short" range made them ambush weapons only. The 12 km torps with the ability to staleth torp brings much more utility to Zao. 

[ARRGG]
Members
4,681 posts
7,503 battles
3 hours ago, FratStar4Life said:

That’s my thoughts also although I have sunk a whole lot of DDs usually the ones who sneak around getting in behind you then launch Torps drop smoke and start pew pewing you so as Is I turn away I launch Torps at em and it’s surpriseing how many torp hits I get with the faster Torps