Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
digitaljustice

The Grozovoi is now fun!

10 comments in this topic

[FADES]
Members
145 posts
3,633 battles

Pick yourself up a Grozovoi, wow is it fun now after the buffs!!!

1. 14.8km firing range
  2. Heal, Smoke, Speed Boost AND Def AA Fire
  3. 10km torps
  4. 6.0 stealth
  5. 45-46 knots with flag and speed boost (outran some plane torps in a game last night!)
  6. FUN!

Downside, you need a high tier Commander (to get max gun range, etc..) and really need Superintendant as you only get one charge of smoke, heal and speed boost, two with Premium versions.

Pick one up and sit behind and island at 14.5km and burn down Des Memes and Mino's, good times.  :cap_rambo:

*Sorry Mods, I didn't know there was already a topic with the same one I used a little while ago.

• Cool 1

Community Department
2,018 posts
500 battles

Discussions about Warships is the right place to start this topic. :cap_like:

[-K-]
Members
5,075 posts
8,942 battles

I always thought the Grozovoi was pretty fun and didn't need any buffs.  I actually prefer her over Khab, as her playstyle is more dynamic.

Honestly, the buffs were induced not because the ship was weak, but because WG felt that she wasn't being played enough versus her T10 sister.  However, unless something drastic happens to Khab, Groz will always live in her shadow as the unloved step-child.

[APOC]
Members
637 posts
11,441 battles

I am the of the same view as @Ace_04. The Grozovoi is a much more versatile ship, having the concealment to contest caps, long range torpedoes to stealth torp, very easily a destroyer hunter, enough speed to still run and gun if desired, smoke to shoot from smoke, easily enough AA to be at least an annoyance to CVs helping spread drops for teammates (max 7.5 km AA bubble) if not simply just outright shoot down the planes. It is especially fun using it in a CV/AA ship division. With the buffs just received this patch, it just became even more versatile of a ship to play now.

[ICBM]
Members
300 posts
4,849 battles

I'm about 60k xp from the grozovoi and I can't wait. I've wantd to play her ever since I saw the reload times combined with shell velocity. Now, with heal and SE, I'm hoping for some real fun. 

Out of curiosity, with the extended range, is she able to run and gun like the udaloi can? I'm thinking the increased size and poor turning radius may make it difficult. Was thinking about getting SI and equipping speed boost mod and only doing the run and gun when speed boost is on. Anyone tried this?

Members
39 posts
1,833 battles
On 6/28/2018 at 4:33 AM, digitaljustice said:

Pick yourself up a Grozovoi, wow is it fun now after the buffs!!!

1. 14.8km firing range
  2. Heal, Smoke, Speed Boost AND Def AA Fire
  3. 10km torps
  4. 6.0 stealth
  5. 45-46 knots with flag and speed boost (outran some plane torps in a game last night!)
  6. FUN!

Downside, you need a high tier Commander (to get max gun range, etc..) and really need Superintendant as you only get one charge of smoke, heal and speed boost, two with Premium versions.

Pick one up and sit behind and island at 14.5km and burn down Des Memes and Mino's, good times.  :cap_rambo:

*Sorry Mods, I didn't know there was already a topic with the same one I used a little while ago.

Question on number 2, it can equip all those, at the same time, and damage control?  Or does heal replace smoke?

[FADES]
Members
145 posts
3,633 battles
4 minutes ago, Cpt_Blake said:

Question on number 2, it can equip all those, at the same time, and damage control?  Or does heal replace smoke?

Since the new patch (7.6 I think) it get's all 4 at once, and Damage Control.

Only one charge of smoke, heal and speed, think 2 Def AA fire with standard and one more of each with the Premiums, that's why I said Superintendant is really good to have on their now.

Members
39 posts
1,833 battles
14 minutes ago, digitaljustice said:

Since the new patch (7.6 I think) it get's all 4 at once, and Damage Control.

Only one charge of smoke, heal and speed, think 2 Def AA fire with standard and one more of each with the Premiums, that's why I said Superintendant is really good to have on their now.

They should expand the options on the other dd's as well.  I like options.  Will get this dd next, as it looks like it may become my favorite.

[NOVA]
Members
44 posts
9,117 battles

I rarely played my Groz in the past because the Yueyang, Gearing and Z52 were much better, to me at least. I've played several battles in the new Groz and it is a big improvement. I need to play it more, but it could possibly be the best DD in game now.

• Cool 1

Sign in to follow this