Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
legoboy0401

The(Second to last) Ride of the Konig: AP 150 mm secondaries v Atlanta 0.8 km away

7 comments in this topic

Members
3,042 posts
1,915 battles

"That's a Paddlin." 

So I was at the A cap on shatter, making my way out of the islands just to the east of the cap. My team were garbage and had already died. In front of me was a highly skilled Perth, and around somewhere, was a Atlanta. I suspected that he was still hanging around, but, however, I couldn't do much about it without any spotting and also with the Perth repeatedly baiting in to torp range(8 km). I made my way past a small cleft of rock just before open water, and what do you know? It was the Atlanta, firing torps. There was NO way I could have dodged them as close as I got(the closest was about 0.7-0.8 km), and I knew I was going to die.

Besides, I couldn't hit him before I died, my guns were pointing the other way. They hit all, naturally, but lucky for me Atlanta's torps aren't the strongest. It took me down to about 5,000 health, with both the Atlanta and Perth pouring shells into me like the idiotic HE spammers they are. But lo, and behold, secondaries to the rescue! The secondaries went crazy on the softest target at the closest range they had ever had, and both the 105s and 150s loved it, but the 150 mms especially so. The HE secondaries(105s) hit 28 times and did around  2,000 damage to the Atlanta,(I think at least one of them was a citadel hit) but the AP secondaries, OH, THE AP SECONDARIES! THE AP SECONDARIES(150 mm Konigsberg(WWI, not WWII Konigsberg) guns) HIT 10 TIMES, AND OF THOSE, ALL HAD TO BE CITADELS, BECAUSE IN A TIME SPAN OF ONLY 10-15 seconds, THEY DID 23,000(!) damage to the Atlanta, bringing him down just as I went down. 10 CITADELS WITH AP SECONDARIES in only 10-15 SECONDS!

Remind me again who said the AP secondaries are worthless garbage?

Edited by legoboy0401
info correction
  • Cool 1

Members
3,042 posts
1,915 battles
19 minutes ago, RobertViktor68 said:

replay plz

sadly, I don't have it. I don't think it's set up to put them anywhere yet, and I forget how to tell it to.

I do, however, have evidence:

:shot-18_06.28_06_32.52-0881.thumb.jpg.9e184a6995eaa64da88854d5eb0909d1.jpg

shot-18_06.28_05_21.17-0530.thumb.jpg.83b95d6feef4582e2b6885b54c1af034.jpg

Edited by legoboy0401
minor edit
  • Cool 1

[TSPC]
Beta Testers
1,104 posts
10,102 battles

Very nice.  I love my low tier German BBs.  Sill Play the Nassau with as much of a secondary build as possible for tier 3.  Those games are hilarious! 

[ANKER]
Members
229 posts
3,542 battles
On ‎6‎/‎28‎/‎2018 at 9:01 AM, legoboy0401 said:

snip

High tier KMS won't do this sadly, all HE secondaries. Which is better really. 
However, if this gets your socks off, go play Fuso/Kongo on low tier and secondary spec, then go rush some stuff Omaha etc, stuff with weak armor and big citadels. Those 152mm guns on the casemates fire pure AP, so it can be deadly. In this game, secondaries largely aim for the belt and hit superstructure by chance, so in those tiers your secondaries can work. However, they're extremely short ranged. Making a Tier 5 IJN Secondary-build is for YouTube Meme purposes to make people do questionable decisions, just like all the videos on youtube of skilled players making 'Rush Mid' on a certain map cause people to think they can do that too.

Members
94 posts
1,274 battles

Good stuff. I just unlocked koko and find the mains a bit lacking, against bbs anyway. 

You have the c hull In this feat of magnificence? 

[WOLFA]
Members
19 posts
1,696 battles

You have inspired me to try putting my 19 pt Gnesineau captain on some early KM BBs and see what happens.  Next to go check secondary ranges for which one to choose...

Sign in to follow this