You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Necronomicon1

tier matching

20 comments in this topic

[APEXI]
[APEXI]
Members
15 posts
4,465 battles

@Wargaming is there any plans on changing the high tier MM so that only tier 9and 10 gets matched ? just wondering due to getting matched to tier 10 games as tier 8 you are pretty much just there as cannonfodder for some high tier ship . Your armor , your guns and your range just sucks against tier 9 and 10 and u dont have a heal as a tier 8 cruiser as the higher ones have and imo thats not really fun to play and you might aswell just afk all those matchmakings 

• Bad 1

[SOB]
Members
254 posts
3,237 battles
3 hours ago, _ENO_ said:

edited

^ What he said! 

I feel your frustration as well. The lower tiers are more forgiving of mistakes so the 2 up or down of MM isnt as much of an issue but at T8+ it is very easy to get deleted. IMO the best thing to do is alter to playstyle. Early game try to remain undetected & only shoot from cover. As ships start to get removed you can become more aggressive. I have had some very good matched as a T8 in a T10 fight once I figured that out. I got deleted allot figuring it out too. 

• Cool 1

[SSBN]
Members
25 posts
8,191 battles

I have a gripe about the matchmaking at all levels. Something seems skewed IMO I'm consistently out class by two tiers but on top of that, I'm always on the "rookie" team vs the "pro's from dover" I don't mind the outclassed nearly as much as the instant loss on the "rookie team"' Here's an example.

5b34d28b94b59_teamterrible2.thumb.jpg.40da2d6aa3515462441f1811c571a9e1.jpg

Edited by StudebacherHoch
bah double pics
  • Bad 1

[APEXI]
[APEXI]
Members
15 posts
4,465 battles

wow i know the feeling been having alot of those games . That does look like they match 1 team with better players and 1 team with rookies really hope thats not true 

• Bad 1

[YORHA]
Members
3,247 posts

Well.. last night I took out a Yamato.

In a Cleveland.

So there's that.

• Cool 1
  • Funny 1

Members
1,779 posts
5,641 battles

I like being in a tier 8 ship in a ten game. I enjoy sinking tier 10 ships makes me play better.:cap_rambo:

• Cool 2

[ARP2]
Members
1,223 posts
3,566 battles

Do they not teach people how to study data in school anymore? this is not how you study data.

[ARP2]
Members
1,223 posts
3,566 battles
8 minutes ago, JCC45 said:

Well.. last night I took out a Yamato.

In a Cleveland.

So there's that.

I was in Yamato the other day and got sunk by an enemy Yamato. Clearly his ship is OP and mine needs to be buffed.

• Cool 1
  • Funny 2
  • Boring 1

[DYING]
Members
186 posts
3,873 battles

Never, ever talk about -1/+1, it ruined wot band it’ll ruin wows too. You simply have to realize that as bottom tier you’ll rarely have the opportunity to carry and instead play supportively until an opportunity presents itself

• Cool 2

[0456]
[0456]
Members
2,809 posts
7,992 battles
42 minutes ago, Necronomicon1 said:

they could extend the range on the guns to match the tier 9 atleast 

Then you'd mop the floor with the tier 6s you're equally likely to see. 

So again- no. 

• Cool 1

[REVY]
Members
936 posts
7,294 battles
2 hours ago, Necronomicon1 said:

@Wargaming is there any plans on changing the high tier MM so that only tier 9and 10 gets matched ? just wondering due to getting matched to tier 10 games as tier 8 you are pretty much just there as cannonfodder for some high tier ship . Your armor , your guns and your range just sucks against tier 9 and 10 and u dont have a heal as a tier 8 cruiser as the higher ones have and imo thats not really fun to play and you might aswell just afk all those matchmakings 

AMUNpHA.jpg

• Funny 1
  • Bad 2

[NOBS]
Members
471 posts
5,470 battles

As a good fix, no player should get uptiered into a tier that they don't own a boat in. If tier 8 is your top tier you shouldn't have to face tier 10 boats. 

• Bad 2

Beta Testers
1,221 posts
7,556 battles

The tier isn't the problem, it's your bad gameplay.

• Cool 1

[0456]
[0456]
Members
2,809 posts
7,992 battles
17 minutes ago, Capt_h2o said:

As a good fix, no player should get uptiered into a tier that they don't own a boat in. If tier 8 is your top tier you shouldn't have to face tier 10 boats. 

Not really a fix at all since all it does is put people in higher tier ships with 0 exposure to that gameplay. 

Instead of expecting the game to change to meet the shortcomings of a player how about the player adapt to the parameters of the game? 

[CNO]
[CNO]
Members
3,775 posts
12,891 battles

Kudos to all above who discuss how to play when bottom tiered.  I often see T8 players top out in T10 matches.  And in almost every T10 game, I see a T8 perform better than some or all T9 and T10 players.  And these good performers aren't always the unicum players. They are simply "good" players who know how to captain a T8 in a T10 match.  It's a SKILL.  It takes EXPERIENCE.  It can take PATIENCE (both in-game as well as in the long haul).

I notice when I'm a T8 in a T10 match.  After all, a lot of the before-game strategy is sizing up the ships you are facing.  But I NEVER...as far back as I can remember....lament the fact I'm bottom tier.  It just is what it is...and my mind is all about where I need to be...what i need to do...to make a difference in the match. 

If I can just contribute relative to my tier or better..that's my goal.  Sometimes I fail.  Sometimes, I reach that goal.  And sometimes...rarely...but I do have my moments...I top out on the win.  That's a great feeling.  Taking a T8 into a match full of T10s, and not only winning the game, but outperforming everyone else.  Again, I don't do it very often.  But it's perhaps one reason I never lament the bottom tier position.  I can make a difference in every battle.  And sometimes, make a big difference.  And so can anyone else in that position.  It's just a matter of gaining the skill, experience, and patience to get there.

After all, WOWS isn't just about getting there.  It's about everything you learn along the way.        

[NOBS]
Members
471 posts
5,470 battles

Its funny that all the players that think tier 8 in tier 10 is great have 5000, 6000 maybe even 10,000 battles. Just keep clicking on those tier 10 boats and keep seal clubbing the new players, that's how you grow a game and bring new money into it. 

[0456]
[0456]
Members
2,809 posts
7,992 battles
11 minutes ago, Soshi_Sone said:

Kudos to all above who discuss how to play when bottom tiered.       

Something consistent with a lot of these threads is a complaint about fighting tier X in tier VIII ships when stats tell the story of a person whose skill peaked in tier II. This isn't pointed at you at all so please don't take it like that, but people need to stop coming in and complaining about tier X battles in tier VIII and instead need to come in and ask how to deal with tier V battleships in tier IV... or tier VII ships in tier V since the answer is ALWAYS the same. 

The difference is that higher tiers is a terrible place to practice applying these tips especially when fundamental game mechanics are still a mystery. 

I'd be more willing to help if people came in actually looking for help instead of expecting the game to yield to their own gripes because the game doesn't let them play "their favourite way." Instead it's just "This aspect of the game needs to change because I don't want to." 

Case in point: 

8 minutes ago, Capt_h2o said:

Its funny that all the players that think tier 8 in tier 10 is great have 5000, 6000 maybe even 10,000 battles. Just keep clicking on those tier 10 boats and keep seal clubbing the new players, that's how you grow a game and bring new money into it. 

You know what's funny? While you're busy in here whining and sniveling about how unfair the game is, other people are in here getting help, learning and applying lessons from mistakes of battles lost and they're adapting to excel. ALL of us were scrubs at some point. Some choose to use the game as an excuse to literally suck worse than bots at it while others used it as a reason to learn and get better at it. You've clearly made your choice so... Yeah. 

Edited by _ENO_
  • Bad 1

Beta Testers
1,221 posts
7,556 battles
10 minutes ago, Capt_h2o said:

I am bad and want the game to accommodate me rather than take the steps to improve.

Community Department
2,018 posts
500 battles
1 hour ago, Capt_h2o said:

1 hour ago, Super_S1X said:

The tier isn't the problem, it's your bad gameplay.

2 hours ago, Q___________Q said:

Never, ever talk about -1/+1, it ruined wot band it’ll ruin wows too. You simply have to realize that as bottom tier you’ll rarely have the opportunity to carry and instead play supportively until an opportunity presents itself

I'm sorry to tell the you the truth but I hope we'll never see the +/-1 balance in the game. If you come to battle, please do not use thoughs about leaving or staying afk. It only bring penalty for you, and a higher probability defeat for your teammates. Search for opportunities rather than for excuses. At the moment there are no plans to change MM, but we do search the decisions which could make the random more comfortable. But if you get into the battle, please, help your crew to win. 

The MM is here to look into. Locking. 

• Cool 1