You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
acm123b

Huanghe Smoke mod 1

8 comments in this topic

[TOG]
Members
18 posts
9,110 battles

I run my Huanghe with AA spec and do ok with it. 

I was thinking of getting the Smoke mode for it, it will make me lose my slot 3 AA and I will lose 20% range on my AA, if I run the mod.

I really would like the extra smoke though to increase my damage output.

Has anybody ran this ship with it?

Edited by acm123b

Members
956 posts
11,178 battles

Yes, it is pretty essential in making Perth and the Huang work.
Though playing that ship is always a ride on the struggle bus.

• Cool 1

[O_O]
Members
787 posts
4,736 battles

The only special upgrade I use in the whole game is Spotter Plane in Perth's Slot 1.  With Arsenal up I'm fighting temptation to put Hydro in Slot 2 and Smoke in Slot 3.

I feel like I'm missing something somewhere about ships only being able to mount a single upgrade at a time, but too lazy to look it up.

-R

Edited by Mister_Rawr

[SF-A]
Members
2,850 posts
5,548 battles

Hold on *ahem*, @Huanghe

Anyways, if you have the mod, and don't have a Perth, that's exactly where I'd put it.

[THICC]
Members
68 posts
166 battles
3 hours ago, acm123b said:

I run my Huanghe with AA spec and do ok with it. 

I was thinking of getting the Smoke mode for it, it will make me lose my slot 3 AA and I will lose 20% range on my AA, if I run the mod.

I really would like the extra smoke though to increase my damage output.

Has anybody ran this ship with it?

I was unaware that Huanghe was able to mount the smoke mod, and I would say that you should definitely use that mod if it can mount it. I think that since the AA upgrade increases your AA range to 6km (7.2 with AFT) that you will be getting yourself plane spotted more when out of smoke (unless you constantly turn them off and on) by planes. The smoke mod would increase the smoke puff duration to 117s from 90 (and your AA bloom will be a manageable 6km, or 5.0km without AFT). Tell me how it works out for you! 

The problem I have with being a new-ish account is that I don't have any coal (because I am not in a clan) and haven't gotten any special modules from any kind of event or super container. I am looking for adding the hydro and smoke special upgrades to my Huanghe when I get the chance.  

1 hour ago, pewpewpew42 said:

Hold on *ahem*, @Huanghe

<3

Edited by Huanghe
  • Cool 1

Members
280 posts
9,331 battles

I actually removed the smoke mod to go full AA. Damage did drop a bit, but plane kills went up alot. When my smoke is done I try to hang around islands & shoot down spotter planes. I usually turn off the AA guns until a flight spots me, keeps them from fleeing too early. I say give the mod a try for a while, you can always put it back on later if you want to go full AA again...

[SIDE]
Members
1,206 posts
8,680 battles
On 6/28/2018 at 8:14 AM, pewpewpew42 said:

Hold on *ahem*, @Huanghe

Anyways, if you have the mod, and don't have a Perth, that's exactly where I'd put it.

I took mine off of Perth and put it on Haida. Much better use for that mod(I believe it lasts 50% longer), assuming you have that ship(and are limited to only 2 mods covering the 3 that it works for: Perth, Huang Hue and Haida).

Edited by _Rumple_

[ABDA]
Beta Testers
16,043 posts
11,539 battles

It's worth it.  I have one on Perth and another on Haida.  I never figured I'd find a use for the second one I got from a super container.