Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
DeletedUser

Not one CV or DD

28 comments in this topic

Members
0 posts

I have been playing since the game released and have NEVER seen this...BACK to BACK matches with not one CV or DD. 

mMYuVhq.jpg

U03RYlv.jpg

Yes, I have had one rare match here and there with no CVs or no DDs, but never back to back!

I guess this is what they wanted?   Well they got it...World of Battleships & Cruisers

But I am sure there will be those who come along and "enlighten" me that this is only temporary.  That Superman Vision (radar) and the DD nerfs are not the cause.

Don't even get me started on the new Dallas (radar & mauling AA).  I pulled out my New Orleans with one purpose...to hunt and sink Dallas (radar) class ships, sadly I will admit I did not care if it hurt my play or team. I just wanted to sink them all!  I did SINK the enemy Dallas ships in both matches...IT FELT SO GOOD!

I had already parked all my T7-T10 DDs due to Superman Vision but with the addition of the T6 Dallas I guess I'll play my T4 ships until I become bored and move on?

• Cool 1

[RKLES]
Members
7,113 posts
8,767 battles

Lol I have seen even more shocking battles, where there were 0 Battleships! Lol while Battleships are quite popular for some bvious reasons, they are by no means in every Randoms battle.

Edited by Admiral_Thrawn_1

[HYDRO]
Members
1,342 posts
3,669 battles

Are you sure Dallas has radar?  Also, I think you can see by the fact that the reds got 1 less BB that the MM should be having issues. Can you tell us at what time you had that battle?

[SOB]
Members
254 posts
3,270 battles

I had to check the screen shot to see if my name was on there because I was also in several matches last night with no CVs or DDs. Also was several matches with not more than s single DD in it. 

While I consider myself a CA main I do enjoy playing DDs but have been scratching that itch with T6 & less of late. 

• Cool 1

[ARGSY]
Beta Testers
64 posts
8,449 battles

Once dropped into a Random battle that was 11xBBs and 1xCV  aside.  One of the craziest Random matches i ever got dropped into, probably the only crazier match was a 3 vs. 3 Random battle.

[ARGSY]
Beta Testers
64 posts
8,449 battles

Haven't had either of those happen a second time let alone back to back. :D

[RKN]
Members
1,634 posts
3,357 battles
19 minutes ago, Minah_Bang said:

I have been playing since the game released and have NEVER seen this...BACK to BACK matches with not one CV or DD. 

mMYuVhq.jpg

U03RYlv.jpg

Yes, I have had one rare match here and there with no CVs or no DDs, but never back to back!

I guess this is what they wanted?   Well they got it...World of Battleships & Cruisers

But I am sure there will be those who come along and "enlighten" me that this is only temporary.  That Superman Vision (radar) and the DD nerfs are not the cause.

Don't even get me started on the new Dallas (radar & mauling AA).  I pulled out my New Orleans with one purpose...to hunt and sink Dallas (radar) class ships, sadly I will admit I did not care if it hurt my play or team. I just wanted to sink them all!  I did SINK the enemy Dallas ships in both matches...IT FELT SO GOOD!

I had already parked all my T7-T10 DDs due to Superman Vision but with the addition of the T6 Dallas I guess I'll play my T4 ships until I become bored and move on?

Patch day, no one even wants to play DDs on a day like this. Much less CVs, DFAA comes already on the new class, and it has retarded DPS.

Members
2,278 posts
7,378 battles

Its always fun how biased players can be,  how many times players show random biased images to try to prove a point. I could post lots of images of too many BBs, too many Crusiers, too many DDs, or even images with none of them. Yesterday i had a T9 battle wihtout a single radar, does this mean that we dont see radar? No...

Its a patch week with the release of a new line, the MM always get screwed when a new line is released, players know that by now yet some guys use this to make biased posts trying to prove a point...

• Cool 2
  • Funny 1

[TSN]
Beta Testers
11 posts
6,032 battles

If you remember that one time... 15 Tirpitz vs 15 Tirpitz ; that went on for like 3 days when it was introduced, and of course "OMG IT'S THE TIRPITZ"... ... ...

After that experience, everything else is kinda... meh

3v3, Tier 10 CV/BB/CA on either side (joys of late night and some spanner who wants to play CV sits in the queue just waiting for another, and viola MM has to make a match). We wont also mention prior to when DD's were limited to 5 per side.

Basically its a new patch, with 'oh look new ships' and changes meaning people just have to try them out (or get freaked out by them and change their play style) it happens... I am sure some people ran into 12v12 BB battles when the British BB line came out, etc etc etc.

[O_O]
Members
787 posts
4,736 battles
36 minutes ago, warheart1992 said:

Are you sure Dallas has radar?

Dallas does have very strong AA, but no radar.  Can confirm.

-R

[V_KNG]
Beta Testers
9,269 posts
24 minutes ago, Minah_Bang said:

Ever have it happen back to back battles!?

No... but everyone probably thought what the flock, no sheeps, so they hit the battle button as soon as the match ended. Double flock! No sheeps! Back to back too! 

How ya doin otherwise, staying out of Pinkville? 

Members
128 posts
6,187 battles

Already stated by others, but since I went to the trouble to go look at my Dallas in case I missed something, she does not have radar.

Edited by Joe_918145

[SIM]
Members
2,453 posts
4,093 battles

To be fair, WG just released a new-ish line of CLs that have strong AA and (some) radar. The drop in DD and CV numbers in the immediate aftermath is to be expected, though if it persists then we may have a problem.

[HINON]
Members
8,870 posts
30 minutes ago, Xlap said:

Its always fun how biased players can be,  how many times players show random biased images to try to prove a point. I could post lots of images of too many BBs, too many Crusiers, too many DDs, or even images with none of them. Yesterday i had a T9 battle wihtout a single radar, does this mean that we dont see radar? No...

Its a patch week with the release of a new line, the MM always get screwed when a new line is released, players know that by now yet some guys use this to make biased posts trying to prove a point...

But Xlap, anecdotal evidence is the best and we should make all changes based upon it. 

• Cool 1
  • Funny 1

[-TAB-]
Members
1,317 posts
6,885 battles
1 hour ago, Admiral_Thrawn_1 said:

Lol I have seen even more shocking battles, where there were 0 Battleships! Lol while Battleships are quite popular for some bvious reasons, they are by no means in every Randoms battle.

Population metrics pretty much say Battleships are in every Randoms battle. DDs on the other hand, not so much.

inb4 the ignorance regurgitated "WG just released a new Radar and AA line, wait till the hype dies down".  Just as it has been spouted ad nauseam since beta. DDs have been the lowest performing ship type since the games inception. I wonder what it will be next month. "Just wait until .......the hype will die down"

Edited by zarth12
  • Boring 1
  • Bad 1

[ARP2]
Members
1,224 posts
3,569 battles

I have been in a number of all Battleship matches. Oddly, it was right around the time German battleships were first introduced. I'm sure that's just coincidence though.

[PSP]
Members
6,044 posts
8,585 battles

I've not seen a game with no DD in a long time. Yesterday, there usually were 2-4 per team and only one game with one per team. 

[GWG]
[GWG]
Members
5,342 posts
9,433 battles

Seems everyone is back down from the high tiers, grinding 5-6-7 again for a couple days.

Usually the question of every cruiser driver is HYDRO or DFAA..  And usually, it's the wrong choice.  This new line has both -- always.

[WOLF3]
[WOLF3]
Members
439 posts
3,362 battles

I was just in a battle with my Indy.  12 v 12, T7 max with only 1 dd and no carriers.

I lit the dd twice with my radar.  :cap_popcorn:

p.s. @AVR_Project  is that a pic from the guy that played in Rat Patrol?

Edited by Captain_Slattery

[YORHA]
Members
3,268 posts

People are still grinding/getting used to the CA changes and now we have the CL drop.  It is Cruiserpalooza.  Then you have the BB mains farming the new cruiser players for XP.  It will be like this for a few weeks or until the DD players (the smart ones) realise there are lots of distracted BB player to farm. Eventually the new/bad cruiser players go back to their BBs and resume guarding the Southern/Northern borders like ICE agents on meth..

This too shall pass.

[-TAB-]
Members
1,317 posts
6,885 battles

Looks like I called it.

inb4 the ignorance regurgitated "WG just released a new Radar and AA line, wait till the hype dies down".  Just as it has been spouted ad nauseam since beta. DDs have been the lowest performing ship type since the games inception. I wonder what it will be next month. "Just wait until .......the hype will die down"

[DOG]
Members
389 posts
5,611 battles
2 hours ago, Minah_Bang said:

I have been playing since the game released and have NEVER seen this...BACK to BACK matches with not one CV or DD

That's especially rare at those tiers.  At tier VIII-X, it's very common not to have CVs lately, and fairly common to have only 1-2 DDs per side.

As for CVs, I guess a lot of folks are like me and waiting for the CV rework.  I've never played a CV, but had been meaning to learn.   Then I heard about the coming changes, so I figured I wouldn't waste time learning how to play one way, and then have to re-learn everything to play a completely different way.

And DDs have become scarce because of the radar at higher tiers, but that shouldn't be much of an issue in a game with Omahas and New Mexicos.  I took my Gearing and my Z52 out last night.  I did okay, and even got a few torp hits, which is getting progressively harder at those tiers.  If someone wants to prioritize torpedo avoidance they can do it pretty effectively with a combination of Target Aquisition System mod, Vigilance captain's skills, aircraft, hydro, and good old WASD hax.  And between Radio Position Finding and the abundance of radar, they always have a pretty good idea which direction the torpedoes are coming from.  So I'm working on figuring out how to play DDs as sheep dogs.  Use all that against them to herd them into kill zones for the rest of my team.

Beta Testers
377 posts
3,497 battles

They must have been in Co-Op then.

Last night I was surprised as almost every match I played had a CV in it.

Made me wish I had played my Texas or Missouri more, but instead I stayed and ground out the last bit of XP on my Nicholas to get to tier 6.

Sign in to follow this