Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
Philipinessea

Fires where did they go?

10 comments in this topic

Members
30 posts
5,967 battles

Hello, as I mainly prefer to play cruisers, I must say lately I have noticed the ridiculous fires or lack of them.  I frequently get games where I get say 100 hits and 2 fires?  Or 167 hits and 3 fires?  wth How am I supposed to contend when this is what I'm up against and as any cruiser player knows one BB AP shell and there goes half my HP?  I think the RNG needs to be tweaked to allow us cruiser players a better chance at making more of an impact in the game.

Members
2,156 posts
4,848 battles

they took all your fire chances and gave them to the bots in the new operation. it's in the patch notes.

Spoiler

seriously though, as someone who plays both cruisers and BBs, i can personally attest to the fact that fires are still everywhere. you're either exaggerating, or you're not hitting the right spots to start a fire.

Alpha Tester, In AlfaTesters
3,623 posts
521 battles

I just played a game in an Omaha and got like 9 fires with a 0 point captain. 

[-AA-]
Members
1,729 posts
6,657 battles
6 minutes ago, MidnightShamalan said:

seriously though, as someone who plays both cruisers and BBs, i can personally attest to the fact that fires are still everywhere. you're either exaggerating, or you're not hitting the right spots to start a fire.

As far as I know it does not matter where you hit, unless you are hitting a spot that is already on fire.

31 minutes ago, Philipinessea said:

Hello, as I mainly prefer to play cruisers, I must say lately I have noticed the ridiculous fires or lack of them.  I frequently get games where I get say 100 hits and 2 fires?  Or 167 hits and 3 fires?  wth How am I supposed to contend when this is what I'm up against and as any cruiser player knows one BB AP shell and there goes half my HP?  I think the RNG needs to be tweaked to allow us cruiser players a better chance at making more of an impact in the game.

Could you add some more detail. It kinda depends on what ship you are playing to say something useful about it or perhaps to provide some ship specific tips and tricks.

[FOXEH]
Beta Testers
8,783 posts
14,864 battles

Aim for the superstructure, it burns the best.

• Cool 1

[HYDRO]
Members
1,343 posts
3,669 battles

Can't say I have noticed any changes, but consider the following. Each section of the ship can catch fire, so if you are shooting only one part of a ship, in that case superstructure which is logical, you will slowly have diminishing returns due to having one fire and damage saturating that part of the ship. What you can try is after getting a fire in the midsection, then switching to aiming for the bow or stern to set that section of the ship on fire.  In addition, if you are playing high tier, fire resistance is increased and skills like Fire Prevention are much more prevalent.

• Cool 1

Community Department
2,029 posts
512 battles
2 hours ago, Philipinessea said:

1 hour ago, MidnightShamalan said:

they took all your fire chances and gave them to the bots in the new operation. it's in the patch notes.

We didn't make any changes in fires in 0.7.6 (except disabling ability to cause a fire and flooding to an allied ship as a result of friendly fire).
So look at the perks of current commander and ship signals.  

[E-E]
[E-E]
Members
15,677 posts
14,045 battles

Fires are very RNG, even for ships with a "Fire Starter" reputation.  I have had games with Conqueror where I set only 1-2 fires and barely any fire damage.  I can have games with Henri IV that despite having 26% Fire Chance (DE with both fire signal flags), I get something like 1-2 fires.

You can't rely on Fires.  Most especially so with BBs taking Survival / Fire Prevention builds.  You need to do shell damage.  Hope you got IFHE for your CL.

[OPRAH]
[OPRAH]
Beta Testers
3,766 posts
12,470 battles

I see no lack in fires given nor received.

[PVE]
[PVE]
Members
4,112 posts
8,676 battles
43 minutes ago, CAPTMUDDXX said:

I see no lack in fires given nor received.

Yeah same here, my Dunkerque still caught fire soon as any Cruiser looked at it - LoL:cap_haloween:

• Cool 1

Sign in to follow this