You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
GUNSTAR_THE_LEGEND

Worcester First Day Results Thread

36 comments in this topic

[PT8TO]
Members
1,402 posts
12,829 battles

Ok for anyone who set sail in the Wooster today how did you fair?

Share your results so that we can see who slung HE and AP the best today.

Also give your thoughts on the ship now that you have actually played it.

I for one hate the gun sound.... I think they borrowed the same gun fire sound from Atlanta which I personally think sounds baffled and weak.

Oh and by the way in case no one has already done it or mentioned it.

With Halsey on low HP,  when you hit confederate the reload..... is ridiculous! 2.5 seconds to be exact.

But with a decent amount of HP maybe half id put it around 3.0 secs if you can get confederate early enough.

5b34526f84a82_Worcesterfirstday.thumb.png.895bf71756abca69d5be5bae5395b666.png

Edited by GUNSTAR_THE_LEGEND

[NBGC]
Members
3,041 posts
10,248 battles

Was in a match in my Iowa today when two ships did their level best to throw away a clutch win. First was a Gearing who wandered blithely out of his smoke while firing on a Hindenburg less than ten klicks out, and a Minotaur who, after bringing the enemy Wooster down to a sliver of health, decided to lean in and let himself get rammed. Both ships go down, but since the enemy still had a Conq left, we lost a winnable match (we had three of the four cap points).

[HINON]
Members
8,834 posts

I enjoyed blapping a couple with the repub and gk this evening.

• Cool 1

Members
1,863 posts
5,656 battles

Some of them thought smoke would save them.

They forgot that Iowa and Missouri have their ways of penetrating smoke: spotter plane and radar.

[PNG]
[PNG]
Beta Testers
220 posts
7,879 battles

I have only seen 2 worcesters in game, and neither of them were played well. I out-HE spammed one in a Des Moines  behind an island while he was in open water, and the other was trying play as a kiting cruiser, and lived because our BBs were incompetent. I definitely fear it when I'm in a DD, but otherwise I haven't really been threatened by them yet

[PT8TO]
Members
1,402 posts
12,829 battles
2 hours ago, Grand_Viceroy_Zhou_Ziyu said:

OP how is your PR 0?

Not enough games have been played in it yet by the community for them to track personal rating.

Happens every time a new ship is released and played the first week or two.

[WOLF2]
Beta Testers
5,747 posts
9,446 battles
9 hours ago, Goodwood_Alpha said:

Was in a match in my Iowa today when two ships did their level best to throw away a clutch win. First was a Gearing who wandered blithely out of his smoke while firing on a Hindenburg less than ten klicks out, 

What is it with people driving Gearings that makes them think that using their guns is a good idea?

[PT8TO]
Members
1,402 posts
12,829 battles
51 minutes ago, BloodyBill_2015 said:

Using the Worcester with IFHE is very fun!

Yeah it def adds a little extra pop to your HE.  I really did not notice a reduced chance of fire either.

Seems to me it sets maybe 2 less fires than normal in a game.

[SWOB]
Members
2,705 posts
15,525 battles

Two somewhat meh games so far. It's fun to play, but just like the Atlanta, it's very situational with how effective it can be.

image.png.13c82f9f888e5da7f7ce19d17d902ba0.png

[-S-R-]
Members
317 posts
7,107 battles

I dub the Worcester the new cancer.  A machine gun Zao.  :cap_old:

[0456]
[0456]
Members
2,809 posts
7,992 battles

My main battery hit percentage is going to take a beating... Definitely an "accuracy through volume" effect so far. 

Small sample size obviously but it was all I managed to play. 

The good concealment values really helped me blend in with the furniture but you really only wanted to expose yourself in the open to targets who just needed to be finished off. Otherwise it was pretty much just pick an island reasonably close to the action and pull less maneuverable targets apart. I grow tired of that style of gameplay pretty quickly but I enjoy it again when CVs are around. Surprisingly, every battle I fought last night had a CV in it.

10qx93p.png

Edited by _ENO_

[KP]
Members
1,995 posts
18,419 battles
11 hours ago, GUNSTAR_THE_LEGEND said:

Ok for anyone who set sail in the Wooster today how did you fair?

Share your results so that we can see who slung HE and AP the best today.

Also give your thoughts on the ship now that you have actually played it.

I for one hate the gun sound.... I think they borrowed the same gun fire sound from Atlanta which I personally think sounds baffled and weak.

Oh and by the way in case no one has already done it or mentioned it.

With Halsey on low HP,  when you hit confederate the reload..... is ridiculous! 2.5 seconds to be exact.

But with a decent amount of HP maybe half id put it around 3.0 secs if you can get confederate early enough.

5b34526f84a82_Worcesterfirstday.thumb.png.895bf71756abca69d5be5bae5395b666.png

I faired good 100% win rate 121K average kill to death ratio is - 

• Cool 1

[PT8TO]
Members
1,402 posts
12,829 battles

I found that when solo and not bringing something with smoke with you along for the ride.

That it was a bit of a job to get into position to have a good damage game.

But I did have a game in which I took out 3 DDs and shot down a lot of planes and only did 53k damage but still had a 3000 base xp game.

So in those cases you do what you can and take advantage of other opportunities other than burning down BBs.

Also the ability to have Hydro and Radar and Defensive Fire at the same time has already proved to be a valuable asset

I should add  that in one particular game i took 3 point blank salvos to the bow from a montana and survived.

The slim profile I think may have helped me there.

• Cool 1

Members
1,062 posts
4,736 battles

I like her, it's an overgrown Atlanta.  Only thing missing is the "oh crap" torpedos.

[LEGIT]
[LEGIT]
Members
424 posts
18,306 battles

MY Woosta Results Day 1:

I sank 5 with my Yamato. I had no issues whatsoever. I hit them with my 18's and they kinda just blew apart. I also had the same result with pretty much every other high tier US cruiser. 

• Funny 1
  • Boring 1

[UEFN]
Members
386 posts
11,570 battles

My Yamato had a devastating strike on a Worcester from 20KM away, instant deleted the little pest....Worcester is a good snack for all Tier 10 BB.  

On flip side of the coin, My Worcester flanked a Yamato while i brawled with an almost full hp Mino at the same time within 10Km away, Yamato was too busy dealing with our BB, I shot at both of them alternatively, grinding away 5~7K hp from full broadsided Yamato every 4.0s and sunk Yamato first (he was the bigger thread to our team) and also sunk the Mino right after....getting 2X reward.  We won this round, total DMG was 159K and i earned boat load of credits/XP/CXP.

As someone mentioned previously, Worcester is very situational.  When the moon aligned it can dealt some good damage, but most of the time it is a lack luster cruiser and a Mino-wannabe.   Hiding behind island constantly spamming HE doesn't fit my play style, I wish it was available in Public Test Server for me to test drive first as I would not have bought it, also wish i could get a refund and my FXP back.  lol

Edited by Xcalib3r

[PT8TO]
Members
1,402 posts
12,829 battles

When  playing Solo I think I will play this ship not as a pure damage dealer.

But more of a DD hunter, cap protector, spotter and fly swatter.

Attempting to go out and have 150 to 200 k games all the time like in Des Moines.

I feel will not serve my team as well as taking advantage of the many other great qualities of the ship.

Now in a Division that can all change,  but by myself yeah I can see having a high WR and not averaging very much damage.

But still able to produce high XP games.

Members
505 posts
3,477 battles

First three games last night. This ship is a psychological terror machine. I turned away two separate pushes, vastly outnumbered, by island firing a torrent of shells. I also kited a NC and Tirpitz to death in open water on separate occasions.  The amount of shells you can put in the air due to Adrenalin Rush is just plain silly.

The Worcester is not tanky by any stretch. But, you can make it hard to hit which buys you enough time to put this glass cannon to full effect. It has definite weaknesses.  Yet, as long as your mindful of them, it’s a fun ship to play.

[KP]
Members
1,995 posts
18,419 battles
On 6/28/2018 at 6:46 AM, GUNSTAR_THE_LEGEND said:

Yeah it def adds a little extra pop to your HE.  I really did not notice a reduced chance of fire either.

Seems to me it sets maybe 2 less fires than normal in a game.

I did 18K raw Alpha damage to a Hindenburg in 13seconds running IFHE it should be the Meemstah not the Woostah.

[CUTE]
Members
5,152 posts
3,430 battles
On 28/06/2018 at 8:52 AM, BloodyBill_2015 said:

Using the Worcester with IFHE is very fun!

It makes the Atlanta come alive, that's for sure. I could imagine sharing a captain between the 2 very easily.

[0456]
[0456]
Members
2,809 posts
7,992 battles
32 minutes ago, IronMike11B4O said:

it should be the Meemstah not the Woostah.

keep-calm-woosah-1.jpg

Members
2,117 posts
4,735 battles

I'm sad according to WoWS Numbers Helena only has 62 battles. That means the numbers won't normalize for her until a long time, Ill be stuck with a low PR not reflective of my actual performance.