Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
Allthewayup

Musashi Variant

18 comments in this topic

[CUTE]
[CUTE]
Supertester
4,084 posts
4,098 battles

There is both the Yamato as a tier 10 line ship for IJN and Musashi which is a tier 9 free-xp ship in game.

[SWFSH]
[SWFSH]
Beta Testers
2,438 posts
5,518 battles

Variant of what?

The Musashi is already in the game as a free-xp ship at tier IX.

[SSG]
Alpha Tester
3,370 posts
7,946 battles

Only ship of the class left is the carrier Shiano, and that's not likely till WELL after th eCV rework because we still have UK CV's to add before any other line or a split.

[SPF]
Members
66 posts
6,309 battles

I ask if there would be a "variant" coming out. considering Wg likes paper ship

Edited by Allthewayup
  • Bad 8

Members
2,208 posts
4,051 battles
10 minutes ago, Allthewayup said:

Yeah i have eyes. You guys dont read very well. I ask if there would be a "variant" coming out. considering Wg likes paper ship

Izumo, is a paper variant of the design study that ended in Yamato. Are you asking for a premium Izumo?

Other wise of the 3 sisters we have every variant minus the CV, Shiano.

[SWOB]
[SWOB]
Alpha Tester
1,143 posts
6,479 battles

Well your question doesn't make much sense without context.  Why would WG make a "variant" of a ship that already has all of its class members in the game?

But to answer your question: no, there is no such rumour.

Members
2,208 posts
4,051 battles
18 minutes ago, Allthewayup said:

so the IJN only ever planed to make 2 yamato class bbs?

3 one was converted to an aircraft carrier.

• Cool 1

Members
1,334 posts
1,343 battles

I want something more juicy then another Yammy class. Yamato game play is always rather stagnate. I would much matter a lower tier Japanese Premium that offers more dynamic game play, then playing TF2 Sniper simulator. 

to be honest tf2 sniper game play has more moving parts then this current meta

[CUTER]
[CUTER]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
1,607 posts
8,789 battles

And for everyone that was in early CBT will remember shinano as the tx ijn cv. You would find them more often in cap killing dds with their secondary’s then things with their planes.

[PVE]
[PVE]
Beta Testers
1,546 posts
3,734 battles

If you mean the more updated configuration of the Musashi right before her sinking then no, there's no word on that.

[E-E]
[E-E]
Members
15,571 posts
14,005 battles
7 hours ago, StoneRhino said:

Izumo, is a paper variant of the design study that ended in Yamato. Are you asking for a premium Izumo?

Other wise of the 3 sisters we have every variant minus the CV, Shiano.

LOL giving IJN BB players a "Premium Izumo" will be the same as WG sending representatives to every IJN BB player's homes, ring the doorbell, and when they answer, slapping the crapout of the player!

There's no "variant" of the Yamato-class possible anymore.

Musashi is the Pre-Late War Refit with the old setup.

Yamato is the Late War Refit for more AA and eschewing the old secondaries based setup.

• Funny 1

[VVV]
[VVV]
Members
681 posts
10,322 battles

3 Yamato class BB's were built 

Lead ship Yamato 

Second Ship Musashi 

Third Ship Shinano converted to an Aircraft Carrier   

So no there is No variant possible without a made up paper design  

Edited by yamato6945

Members
2,208 posts
4,051 battles
12 hours ago, HazeGrayUnderway said:

LOL giving IJN BB players a "Premium Izumo" will be the same as WG sending representatives to every IJN BB player's homes, ring the doorbell, and when they answer, slapping the crapout of the player!

There's no "variant" of the Yamato-class possible anymore.

Musashi is the Pre-Late War Refit with the old setup.

Yamato is the Late War Refit for more AA and eschewing the old secondaries based setup.

I present the "Ishi no Sai" even if I prefer "Ishi no Raino"

The turrets lowered as follows

LH3JOwh.jpg

The deck armor increased to 57mm.

Her main batteries replaced by 460/45s in a 2x2+1x3 (rear turret) 2.1 sigma

AA increased to kii like levels but limited to short/medium ranges the long range stays the same.

Gimmick: the spotter planes consumable has an increased duration equal to cruisers with a decreased cool down time. Allowing nearly continual spotter plane coverage if they are not being shot down.

The extra weight lowers her draft by 1.4m and decreases her speed to 27kts.

History:

This design was found scribbled on a dirty napkin at a sushi house near Kure Naval Arsenal.

Members
1,505 posts
7,919 battles

Hey 

Too bad they would make the Izumo into a larger Nelson by reversing the rear turret; it would certainly make it a bain of T9 BB's and actually make more sense.

Pete

[HC]
[HC]
Beta Testers
1,311 posts
9,395 battles
On 6/28/2018 at 12:22 AM, StoneRhino said:

3 one was converted to an aircraft carrier.

4 that I know of, Yamato (BB), Musashi (BB), Shinano (CV) and the Unnamed Hull 111 (Scrapped early on)

Wikapedia also lists Hull Number 797 as canceled in planning, I don't remember anything about it.

Members
266 posts
3,252 battles

One thing I remember someone suggesting quite some time back, is the hypothetical 4th ship completed with a 'Kii-style' AA load out (it was before Kii was added to the game, or even in the planning stages of being added, but the idea was much the same). Replace the 127 mm guns with 100 mms and swap out some of the triple 25's for the twin mount Bofors guns. At the time it would have traded secondary power (it was pre-German BBs as well, the IJN was still king of secondaries) for the AA capability. Now, with the buffs to the 100 mm guns, it would be an even more fearsome secondary ship than Yamato is now (some of us have stuck to the old ways, though not many) and still have good to great AA. I don't see that happening right now, but then again, WG once made a statement about 'no submarines, ever' and we are seeing that turned on it's head. 

As a side note, I actually wouldn't mind some sort of premium variant of Izumo, I'm really quite fond of that ship. It has it's issues, but so does every other ship in the game, you just have to learn how to play to it's strengths. Those are some pretty darn good 410 mm guns when you know how to use them.

Edited by CaptHarlock_222

Sign in to follow this