You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
nemean

WOW THANKS FOR THE SHIPS

23 comments in this topic

[UEFN]
Members
28 posts
2,413 battles

You know I have to say I really appreciate you guys changing up how you do business and not giving those of us with the entire US cruiser line all but the t10 new cruiser. I have been grinding the hell out of the line, so that I could benefit like everyone else has in the past when you've done this. 

Real kick in the balls to those of us that are late to the party that is this game. So glad others could get such a break on ships, but that i'll be empty handed. 

/end whine post

• Cool 2
  • Funny 2
  • Boring 3
  • Bad 12

[PVE]
Members
8,962 posts
7,305 battles
6 minutes ago, nemean said:

You know I have to say I really appreciate you guys changing up how you do business and not giving those of us with the entire US cruiser line all but the t10 new cruiser. I have been grinding the hell out of the line, so that I could benefit like everyone else has in the past when you've done this. 

Real kick in the balls to those of us that are late to the party that is this game. So glad others could get such a break on ships, but that i'll be empty handed. 

/end whine post

The line split compensation has been know well before the Heavy Cruisers split in update 7.5.

You had T6 Cleveland (mainline cruiser), so you got T6 Pensacola (mainline) and T8 Cleveland as it moved to the alternate line.

T7 Pensacola got you T7 Nola. T8 Nola, got you T8 Baltimore. T9 Balti got you T9 Buffalo which were all mainline cruisers.

So why would you get the alternate line cruisers? You have to grind them. 

The RU DD split was different as many DDs changed lines and jumped up in tier. Only Cleveland jumped up in tier and changed lines.

Sorry, you didn't read the patch notes for 7.5 or the many, many threads about it.

Edited by Kizarvexis
  • Cool 6

Members
411 posts

He is whining that he did not receive the benefits of the previous patch for owning US heavy cruisers before the line was split. Sucks to suck.

[CUTE]
[CUTE]
Supertester
4,085 posts
4,098 battles

WG's dogma is when a split happens, you keep what you already had. Did you have a Dallas, Helena, Seattle or Worcester before the patch? Nope. Then you don't get them when they were added.

[HYDRO]
Members
1,342 posts
3,669 battles

I don't understand, didn't you get the ships that were reshuffled when the heavy cruiser line was introduced? Provided you had all the ships needed, you got duplicate permanent camos, new ships, Cleveland in her new spot, and credits as duplicate ship values. But you also want 4 completely new ships for free? Would you like a Missouri or some other premium ship too mayhaps?

Read the patchnotes more carefully next time and use the search function to find similar threads. Coming here with all caps and no point won't benefit you much.

[SYN]
Members
4,532 posts
11,434 battles
10 minutes ago, nemean said:

/end whine post

Everyone has to grind the new US light cruiser line.  Excepting, of course, the situation for those who already had the Cleveland before the split.

The benefits of per-ownership only applied if you had any of the original line of ships, not the new ships added to a new line.

So relax.

[HINON]
Members
8,865 posts

Huh they already gave generous benefits for the line split. 

[PVE]
Members
8,962 posts
7,305 battles
2 minutes ago, Kuckoo said:

Everyone has to grind the new US light cruiser line.  Excepting, of course, the situation for those who already had the Cleveland before the split.

The benefits of per-ownership only applied if you had any of the original line of ships, not the new ships added to a new line.

So relax.

If you had the Cleveland before the 7.5 split, you still have to grind the line, you can just start at two tiers instead of one, T5 Omaha and T8 Cleveland.

[SYN]
Members
4,532 posts
11,434 battles
Just now, Kizarvexis said:

If you had the Cleveland before the 7.5 split, you still have to grind the line...

I think that's what I said.

But I think I failed to communicate that part clearly.  :Smile_hiding:

[SCYTH]
Members
1 post
3,078 battles

I thought they said IF you had all the cruisers already, that you would get the new ones, plus on top of several contributors saying hey get these ships and you will get the new ones for free

[UEFN]
Members
28 posts
2,413 battles

let me try again.

The RU and IJN DD split gave you all the new ships after the shuffle. 

All you had to do was have the line completed, and have the ships in inventory, and tada! You had all the new ships. 

I have every ship and have had them for 2-3 months. I'm saying FOLLOWING THE PRIOR MOVE, We should've got the new line excluding the T10 light US cruiser. Unless I'm totally misunderstanding why my friends got ships

[UEFN]
Members
28 posts
2,413 battles
12 minutes ago, Kizarvexis said:

If you had the Cleveland before the 7.5 split, you still have to grind the line, you can just start at two tiers instead of one, T5 Omaha and T8 Cleveland.

I had all the way to Des Moines prior to  7.5

[ARS]
Beta Testers
2,167 posts
1,654 battles
2 minutes ago, nemean said:

let me try again.

All you had to do was have the line completed, and have the ships in inventory, and tada! You had all the new ships. 

I have every ship and have had them for 2-3 months. I'm saying FOLLOWING THE PRIOR MOVE, We should've got the new line excluding the T10 light US cruiser. Unless I'm totally misunderstanding why my friends got ships

They did not.  Nobody was given an Akizuki.

• Cool 1

[UEFN]
Members
28 posts
2,413 battles
2 minutes ago, 1SneakyDevil said:

WG clearly stated this split would not be like the prior DD splits.

where'd they do that? I missed it, obviously 

[5D]
Members
2,222 posts
14,024 battles
Just now, nemean said:

where'd they do that? I missed it, obviously 

Everyone got the Cleveland as T8 light cruiser and the Pepsi to Baltimore moved down one tier and the T9 Buffalo heavy cruiser. That's it.

If you're friends/clan mates are telling you different they are not giving you the full story.

[PVE]
Members
8,962 posts
7,305 battles
8 minutes ago, Kuckoo said:

I think that's what I said.

But I think I failed to communicate that part clearly.  :Smile_hiding:

Yeah, you implied the second half of the sentence, so I spelled it out for those who hate to read patch notes. :Smile_teethhappy: Otherwise, they would think that if you had the Cleveland, you didn't have to grind the line.

1 minute ago, FIDDLEBACK_1 said:

I thought they said IF you had all the cruisers already, that you would get the new ones, plus on top of several contributors saying hey get these ships and you will get the new ones for free

The CCs were going off the RU DD split where a bunch of ships jumped in tier and jumped to the alternate line. It would be like if the Pensacola through Baltimore jumped in tier and line like the Cleveland. But that is not what was happening and they over estimated.

27 minutes ago, Kizarvexis said:

The RU DD split was different as many DDs changed lines and jumped up in tier. Only Cleveland jumped up in tier and changed lines.

2 minutes ago, nemean said:

let me try again.

The bolded line from my previous post covered that. Since the RU DDs jumped up in tier, you got the old tier and new tier. You got the mainline and alternate line when the RU DDs jumped to the alt line.

You got the same thing with the US split, it was just that Pensacola through Baltimore stayed in tier and jumped down. You ended up with multiples of the same ship and got silver.  Only Cleveland jumped to the alt line, so you got T6 Pensacola and T8 Cleveland for T6 Cleveland. 

The line split was known well before update 7.5 and there were many, many threads about it. I'm sorry you listened to CCs who got it wrong, but WG was upfront about the 7.5 and 7.6 splits.

[NDA]
Supertester, Alpha Tester
5,473 posts
4,055 battles
42 minutes ago, FIDDLEBACK_1 said:

Welcome to the World of Warships forum.

It only applied to the new ships of the heavy cruiser line, not the new ships of the light cruiser line.

• If you had the old T6 Cleveland, you got the new T6 Pensacola + the new T8 Cleveland.
  • If you had the old T7 Pensacola, you got the new T7 New Orleans + the new T6 Pensacola.
  • If you had the old T8 New Orleans, you got the new T8 Baltimore + the new T7 New Orleans.
  • If you had the old T9 Baltimore, you got the new T9 Buffalo + the new T8 Baltimore.

The Dallas, Helena, Seattle, and Worcester did not replace existing ships, so no one got them for free.

Edited by Panbun
  • Cool 1

[NDA]
Supertester, Alpha Tester
5,473 posts
4,055 battles
41 minutes ago, nemean said:

let me try again.

IJN DD Split:

• If you had the old T6 Mutsuki, you got the new T6 Fubuki + the new T5 Mutsuki.
  • If you had the old T7 Hatsuharu, you got the new T7 Akatsuki + the new T6 Hatsuharu.
  • If you had the old T8 Fubuki, you got the new T8 Kagero + the new T6 Fubuki.
  • If you had the old T9 Kagero, you got the new T9 Yugumo + the new T8 Kagero.

The Shiratsuyu and the Akizuki did not replace existing ships, so no one got them for free.

Source: https://worldofwarships.com/en/news/common/update-515/#Destroyers

RU DD Split:

• If you had the old T5 Gnevny, you got the new T5 Podvoisky + the new T6 Gnevny.
  • If you had the old T6 Ognevoi, you got the new T6 Gnevny + the new T8 Ognevoi.
  • If you had the old T7 Kiev, you got the new T7 Minsk + the new T8 Kiev.
  • If you had the old T8 Tashkent, you got the new T8 Kiev + the new T9 Tashkent.
  • If you had the old T9 Udaloi, you got the new T9 Tashkent + the new T9 Udaloi.

The Grozovoi did not replace an existing ship, so no one got it for free.

Source: https://worldofwarships.com/en/news/common/update-notes-062/#newru-dd

[ARGSY]
Members
5,866 posts
3,984 battles
1 hour ago, Kizarvexis said:

The line split was known well before update 7.5 and there were many, many threads about it. I'm sorry you listened to CCs who got it wrong, but WG was upfront about the 7.5 and 7.6 splits.

Notser at least issued a preliminary vid detailing what he thought everyone would get. To his credit, when he found out he was wrong, he put out another one correcting his errors. 

The full details were known well before it happened. The important thing was to have T6 Cleveland in port and a perma camo on her for maximum gain. Everything else was just gravy if you actually wanted the ships. @nemean, I don't know who told you you would be getting the light cruisers as well, but they were terribly misinformed and consequently so were you.

[BIAS]
Members
3,049 posts
9,037 battles
3 hours ago, nemean said:

let me try again.

THe difference was that the original lines in those 2 splits had a lot of shuffling going on and the new ships were added to that line. So if you had a ship that got shuffled or moved to the new line, you kept it in its new spot and got the replacement in the original line.  So there were multiple ships in those splits that got moved to the new line. There was only 1 ships that moved to the new line in this case. 

NOTHING CHANGED, you got exactly what everyone got in previous line splits. You got to keep the ship that moved to the new line and got its replacement. That is all that happened in previous splits.

[WOLFB]
Members
1,670 posts
8,063 battles
9 hours ago, nemean said:

let me try again.

No.

When the IJN DD split happened I just unlocked my old T8 Fubuki. Once the patch came out, I received Kagerou as a replacement for Fubuki then Fubuki moved to T6. Even though I've already grinded Hatsuharu (since she was a T7 DD) but after the split I had to buy her again AND leveling her AGAIN (That was kinda annoying I must say). But we never received Shiratsuyu and Akizuki D1.