You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
Aephx

When should you join a Clan?

11 comments in this topic

Members
59 posts
894 battles

So, I'm somewhat interested in joining a more casual clan, but I'm wondering if I need, or should, wait until I have at least one Tier X ship? Or is it like some games where I should get in to one early on to earn those credits or whatever?

[DENY]
Members
347 posts
4,787 battles

Not all clan do clan wars 

[ICOP]
[ICOP]
Members
733 posts
11,973 battles

I think there are quite a few casual clans designed around allowing members to gain the advantages of clan membership without the need for clan battle participation, win percentage minimums, or requiring a certain level of activity. ICOP are not currently active in Clan Wars, but many of us hope to be down the road as more members have T10 ships and the experience to compete.

There are probably a lot of clans who would be glad to have you with them. You can research various clans using the Clan tab in-game. Find one that fits and make some new friends. It's a good way to find regular division-mates and to have some companions with whom to grind through the various ship lines you are interested in.

Best of luck with your search!

Respects,

Am

[DAKI]
Members
218 posts
8,281 battles

Not all clan require players to have a Tier 10, some clans are more laid back and don't really care about individual progress and just to play and have fun. Having division mate also makes the grind seemingly shorter because you are always engaged and improving on how you play.

[SYN]
[SYN]
Members
6,877 posts
11,603 battles

It depends on you and on the clan. There are some benefits to being in a clan and having access to the clan base bonuses, but they are pretty small really.

[DAKI]
[DAKI]
Beta Testers
2,466 posts
5,668 battles

I'd get into a clan ASAP. If you're not looking for clan battles, there are plenty of more casual clans out there.

Clans in WoWS give their users benefits while the users give their clan oil (which the clan can use to unlock more benefits!). Having an XP bonus and repair cost decreases is a very nice thing.

[WPP]
Members
525 posts
5,505 battles

(sorry to sorta hijack this...)
Do most clans require mics and chat?  I'm all about getting in a clan but I will never be able to talk to anyone outside of text chat.

Members
59 posts
894 battles

Are there any penalties or negative consequences if you join a clan, then leave it if its not the right one for you?

[GWG]
[GWG]
Alpha Tester
252 posts
4,430 battles
10 hours ago, galspanic said:

(sorry to sorta hijack this...)
Do most clans require mics and chat?  I'm all about getting in a clan but I will never be able to talk to anyone outside of text chat.

most do, although I'm sure there are a few that don't

9 hours ago, Aephx said:

Are there any penalties or negative consequences if you join a clan, then leave it if its not the right one for you?

other than that clan might not consider you again in the future, no; if it's not a good fit for both you & the clan, it's probably not worth sticking around

[0456]
[0456]
Members
2,809 posts
7,992 battles
On 6/27/2018 at 7:05 PM, Aephx said:

Some folks will look at your history and see if you've bailed on a number of clans in a short time. There's also a few day period where you are unable to join another clan.