Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Grand_Viceroy_Zhou_Ziyu

When a friendly thinks it's a good idea to test his AP on a friendly ship

19 comments in this topic

Members
2,120 posts
4,735 battles

The first and only battle I've played in the Helena today, friendly Omaha wanted to test his AP against me because I was in a new ship. I thought he wasn't serious and told him to test it against an enemy. Little did I know, he turned out to be serious and actually dumped two salvos of AP into me. Fortunately he only took off 4000 HP but, was he out of his mind? Who tests their AP on a friendly? So to end his madness I told him "pretty much anything has better armor than an Omaha, case closed." Then, as we both headed towards C on Neighbours, he sailed past me and dumped torpedoes because he was obviously pissed that I was telling him not to TK. Fortunately I managed to evade 2/3 (fortunately he was using C Hull because B Hull has 6 torps) but still ended up taking quite a bit of damage. As expected, he turned pink but kept blaming me for being an [edited]. And you know what's sad about this troll? I was expecting to see a red or orange player in his profile, but turns out his stats aren't that bad, at least when he's in a division. Solo stats I'd say are average, but not bad.

Lesson of the day: Potatoes and tomatoes aren't the only ones that troll. When I called him out in chat for TKing his division mate said "sometimes it can be fun to TK." Send them to labour camp, perhaps?

Edited by Grand_Viceroy_Zhou_Ziyu
  • Funny 1

[WOLFB]
Members
616 posts
21,882 battles

a HOLES WILL BE a HOLES!! 

[FOXEH]
Beta Testers
8,783 posts
14,864 battles
22 minutes ago, Grand_Viceroy_Zhou_Ziyu said:

was he out of his mind?

No .. just a born again bone-a-phone!

[WOLF2]
Beta Testers
3,829 posts
26 minutes ago, Grand_Viceroy_Zhou_Ziyu said:

The first and only battle I've played in the Helena today, friendly Omaha wanted to test his AP against me because I was in a new ship. I thought he wasn't serious and told him to test it against an enemy. Little did I know, he turned out to be serious and actually dumped two salvos of AP into me. Fortunately he only took off 4000 HP but, was he out of his mind? Who tests their AP on a friendly? So to end his madness I told him "pretty much anything has better armor than an Omaha, case closed." Then, as we both headed towards C on Neighbours, he sailed past me and dumped torpedoes because he was obviously pissed that I was telling him not to TK. Fortunately I managed to evade 2/3 (fortunately he was using C Hull because B Hull has 6 torps) but still ended up taking quite a bit of damage. As expected, he turned pink but kept blaming me for being an [edited]. And you know what's sad about this troll? I was expecting to see a red or orange player in his profile, but turns out his stats aren't that bad, at least when he's in a division. Solo stats I'd say are average, but not bad.

Lesson of the day: Potatoes and tomatoes aren't the only ones that troll. When I called him out in chat for TKing his division mate said "sometimes it can be fun to TK." Send them to labour camp, perhaps?

Next time turn into the torps and send him down to co op.

[ABDA]
Beta Testers
16,043 posts
11,539 battles

I'd have defended myself.  They took out the ability to submit a replay so, I feel no need to not defend myself as I am not a habitual TKer and enjoy co-op from time to time.

• Bad 1

[NAVY]
Members
999 posts
3,720 battles
1 minute ago, crzyhawk said:

I'd have defended myself.  They took out the ability to submit a replay so, I feel no need to not defend myself as I am not a habitual TKer and enjoy co-op from time to time.

You don't shoot teammates, even in retaliation. It achieves nothing. 

The automated system warns/punishes/penalizes the offending party. 

Best thing to do is just ignore the trolls and grievers. 

[ABDA]
Beta Testers
16,043 posts
11,539 battles

Thanks for the advice.

[4HIM]
Members
1,722 posts
3,905 battles

Yeah.  There are some who will try to goad you into retaliation.  They'll just not DCP and make sure you get TK status for it.  When I played WT, during the summer a lot of kids would do that.  

[ABDA]
Beta Testers
16,043 posts
11,539 battles

I'm really not concerned about going pink.

Members
8,086 posts
17,047 battles
32 minutes ago, ZARDOZ_II said:

They'll just not DCP and make sure you get TK status for it.

One of the last times I played Leander that happened...

...not a direct fault of my the ship itself; but just one more reason to hate that soggy crumpet thrower for the bad luck it always brought me.

Members
2,120 posts
4,735 battles

I think that guy and his division mate would not hesitate to do the same if say they got a Musashi or Yamato. Let's say when the Italian cruisers come out, and Zara's most likely Tier 8, one of them would be like: "Hey, can I test my 460mm AP rounds on the Zara just to see if it has a well protected citadel?" 

Members
2,120 posts
4,735 battles
2 hours ago, ZARDOZ_II said:

Yeah.  There are some who will try to goad you into retaliation.  They'll just not DCP and make sure you get TK status for it.  When I played WT, during the summer a lot of kids would do that.  

Kids, kids, kids. I don't remember being such a nasty kid. I still get surprised at times how mean kids can be because we like to think of them as innocent and needing our protection. Perhaps kids were once like that. I think the guy (kid) who did that to me has potential to be a psychopathic or sociopath adult, because would he try to hurt someone in real life just to "try something out" or deliberately cause harm and provoke a reaction? We may never know. It's a game, but if someone behaved like that to me in real life, they're in for some hurt.

If he actually derives satisfaction from doing that, then in the words of Jingles: 'How badly do you have to be failing at life?'

Edited by Grand_Viceroy_Zhou_Ziyu

Members
98 posts
3,417 battles

All you gotta do is outsmart the 'trolls' who like to screw around. Played a game acouple of weeks ago where we had a Hindenburg who wouldn't stop spamming his F-Keys. The team was getting annoyed so we asked if he would be quiet which was promptly met with a 'KMA' remark. One of my divmates shot at him, which he retaliated with a couple rounds of fire, earning him TK status. 

Knowing that this guy was triggerhappy, I drove up next to him, and fired torps that cleared his bow by a large distance. And What did he do? Let off a broadside of torps right into me. Only he had TK status which meant bye-bye hidenburg. The chat was  much quieter after that. (We even won the game lol)

I'm not condoning shooting back at trolls, but once in a while it is preetty fun to mess with them.

Members
2,120 posts
4,735 battles
3 minutes ago, _Pixi_ said:

All you gotta do is outsmart the 'trolls' who like to screw around. Played a game acouple of weeks ago where we had a Hindenburg who wouldn't stop spamming his F-Keys. The team was getting annoyed so we asked if he would be quiet which was promptly met with a 'KMA' remark. One of my divmates shot at him, which he retaliated with a couple rounds of fire, earning him TK status. 

Knowing that this guy was triggerhappy, I drove up next to him, and fired torps that cleared his bow by a large distance. And What did he do? Let off a broadside of torps right into me. Only he had TK status which meant bye-bye hidenburg. The chat was  much quieter after that. (We even won the game lol)

I'm not condoning shooting back at trolls, but once in a while it is preetty fun to mess with them.

Darn I should have showed him a piece of myself...... how about 15 AP rounds at 5km, straight into his citadel? ^^^ 

[BBICT]
Members
3,352 posts
3,540 battles

I got dinged my last game...I made a KGV mad at me...granted I tried something crazy in my Atlanta....but I didn't think it would come to that, LOL.. CV game, I tried to camp in the middle of Two Brothers and shoot down all the planes...saw it on Youtube, LOL... We won and I ended up second on the score board, LOL... 

Sign in to follow this