Jump to content
You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Carniolan

USS Helena - Destroyer killing machine

19 comments in this topic

Recommended Posts

49
[POP]
Members
173 posts
5,362 battles

Since it has those 15 152mm guns and 4 127mm shooters on each side, the thing just spits death to any DD within range.

Just for fun, I decked mine out with a complete SECONDARY build and Captain.  So those extra 4 guns really reach out.  6+ km.

Anyone try anything different with it?

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
67
[AP-B]
Members
174 posts
1,503 battles

Boise is better.

You've got tier X 9.9km radar at tier 7, and your HE can wipe 50% of DD health in one volley.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Members
3,615 posts
13,377 battles

You aint joking about DDevastation! In one fight I 1 salvoed a full health DD. She can shred Cruisers pretty fast too.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
62
[TF16A]
[TF16A]
Members
447 posts
5,487 battles
2 minutes ago, Berlimawurst said:

Boise is better.

You've got tier X 9.9km radar at tier 7, and your HE can wipe 50% of DD health in one volley.

 

First of all, the Boise is being released as the ARA Nueve de Julio.  Secondly, they are currently testing it with a heal in lieu of the Radar.

  • Cool 2
  • Bad 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,116
[ARGSY]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
5,080 posts
18,615 battles
2 minutes ago, Berlimawurst said:

Boise is better.

You've got tier X 9.9km radar at tier 7, and your HE can wipe 50% of DD health in one volley.

 

Just an update: the Boise had her radar removed. Was somewhere in the DevBlog at facebook 2 weeks ago.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,116
[ARGSY]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
5,080 posts
18,615 battles
3 minutes ago, ReddNekk said:

You aint joking about DDevastation! In one fight I 1 salvoed a full health DD. She can shred Cruisers pretty fast too.

Agree, it’s hard not getting multiple citadels on another cruiser. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Members
2,117 posts
4,727 battles

I've played one underwhelming battle in the Helena this morning, was underwhelming because of both the team (it was in open water so I couldn't really play Helena like the way it's meant to be played AKA Atlanta and Cleveland style), enemy team melted and my computer was being potato. Logged out after one match because Brazil vs Serbia. I'll definitely play her more tonight once the kiddies go to bed. She should be a ship I end up liking just as much, if not more than ATL and old Cleveland.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Members
4,731 posts
5,459 battles

I don't have Helena yet, but I'm looking forward to when Ultimate Frontier comes back up as the Operation of the week. Hopefully I have Helena by then. Should be quite fun with 15 barrels against all those bots. :cap_rambo:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
429
[-GPS-]
Members
2,515 posts
24,536 battles

I hated Dallas but like Helena OK.  Her turret configuration makes her pretty good at kiting, and 15 rifles makes up for all kinds of sins.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
897
[LEGIO]
Members
2,955 posts
5,370 battles

I'm really looking forward to Helena but it really could use a decrease in her reloading time. 8.5 seconds is too long for guns with those arcs.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1
[SEAKT]
Members
13 posts

Helena; oh yes. I've had some great runs in her testing in coop. Dallas: meh. Helena, yes.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Members
705 posts
2 hours ago, Carniolan said:

Since it has those 15 152mm guns and 4 127mm shooters on each side, the thing just spits death to any DD within range.

Just for fun, I decked mine out with a complete SECONDARY build and Captain.  So those extra 4 guns really reach out.  6+ km.

Anyone try anything different with it?

I blew some gold and silver re-speccing upgrades and retraining a 14-pt. commander for experimentation on mine.

Seems like there is no "wrong" way to configure the Cruiser from Hellena. She's a sweet beast. I'm in love.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
429
[-GPS-]
Members
2,515 posts
24,536 battles
3 minutes ago, TF77 said:

I blew some gold and silver re-speccing upgrades and retraining a 14-pt. commander for experimentation on mine.

Seems like there is no "wrong" way to configure the Cruiser from Hellena. She's a sweet beast. I'm in love.

IFHE gotta have it.  Yes it hurts your per-shell fire chance, but I run it on EVERY cruiser with 150ish caliber rifles.  Shchors, Belfast, Atlanta, etc.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,116
[ARGSY]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
5,080 posts
18,615 battles
16 minutes ago, Lampshade_M1A2 said:

I'm really looking forward to Helena but it really could use a decrease in her reloading time. 8.5 seconds is too long for guns with those arcs.

They could give her the original 5 sec. But she is borderline OP already.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
897
[LEGIO]
Members
2,955 posts
5,370 battles
Just now, Erebthoron said:

They could give her the original 5 sec. But she is borderline OP already.

5 seconds would be too good. Even 6.5 seconds like Cleveland might be too good with 15 guns. But 8.5 is a bit much for guns that lack Stalinium qualities.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
566
[HRDP]
Members
2,683 posts
8,100 battles
13 minutes ago, Erebthoron said:

They could give her the original 5 sec. But she is borderline OP already.

5 seconds is what the Seattle needs. That ship is pretty garbage.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Members
2,117 posts
4,727 battles

I'd caution against entering a close range cruiser fight with a good Atlanta / Cleveland / Helena player if you're a lightly armored cruiser yourself. They won't fire AP at you unless you're broadside, but the IFHE damage can be just as deadly as AP plus a fire chance. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×