Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Cruiser_Thor

has something changed?

17 comments in this topic

[-GPS-]
Members
19 posts
7,945 battles

I don't want to call myself a veteran player but i have quite a few games under my belt. unfortunately most of those games are trash.

Recently i made a determined effort to get my win rate up and my wtr and i made some serious progress almost 500 games where i kept my wtr in the blue and my win rate above 55%, i was playing all three classes and i was having fun.

About 2 weeks ago something changed, dramatically, and i don't know what it is. i went from having around a kraken every few days to barely able to get 100k games. i find plays i made 2 weeks ago meet with no damage done in a game or getting insta gibed because i'm off sides.

I'm not whining or asking for a buff/nerf, i am asking for help identifying what i need to do/what changed.

I'm tired of being a player with 7k games and and a wtr of 980. (please dont use warships today to check me out its completely broken beyond help)

Members
4,740 posts
5,464 battles

Hills and valleys.

Everyone goes through rough spots. If you haven't changed the way you approach the game, which was netting you winning results, then you're likely just in a slump where no matter how hard you carry, you just won't win. As for not being able to get higher damage scores like before, it could either be having teammates that know how and what to shoot, leaving you with little to no HP to take for yourself, or it could be you mis-reading the flow of battle, which puts you out of position and results in not being able to do as much damage.

The best advice is likely to just ride it out. If you're looking back at what you were doing in each match and you're not finding silly mistakes like broadsiding when you could be angled, or mis-selecting ammo types, then it's probably just the opposite end of the pendulum swing.

• Cool 2

Members
3,254 posts
9,531 battles

Lots of stuff has changed recently. What ship(s) are you playing?

[-GPS-]
Members
19 posts
7,945 battles
2 minutes ago, Lensar said:

Lots of stuff has changed recently. What ship(s) are you playing?

alot of ships really, recently im playing alot more t8s and 10s because of the new missions but i dont stick to one type at all although i have been avoiding cruisers (that arent just over powered ie.kutuzov) such as the takao because of how easy it is to be deleted.

[-GPS-]
Members
19 posts
7,945 battles
1 minute ago, cavscout1739 said:

About 2 weeks ago kids got out of school for summer.

oh... that does fit the dates pretty well doesn't it.

maybe if i just play more defensively and play like an a**hat away from objectives a bit i could at least farm some damage.

[B-W-M]
[B-W-M]
Members
316 posts
4,601 battles

I wasn't being facetious here. The variety of people that you can fight (or potato) has just entered the vacation zone. You get more damage when the enemy team is incompetent and your own is otherwise occupied. If your team is superior it will be a roflstomp. If your team is potatoe you can farm medals.

[INTEL]
Members
8,421 posts
25,278 battles
21 minutes ago, cavscout1739 said:

About 2 weeks ago kids got out of school for summer.

This. The teams have been unusually crappy. 

[ARP2]
Members
1,223 posts
3,566 battles
46 minutes ago, Cruiser_Thor said:

i was playing all three classes

Cries in CV.

Like someone else said, hills and valleys.  Had my best game in Amagi one night, followed immediately by one of my worst.

[FOXEH]
[FOXEH]
Alpha Tester
6,012 posts
9,552 battles

we all have off-days/weeks. Just keep your head up and learn form mistakes and you'll be fine!:fish_aqua:  or as odd-ball would say.....

• Funny 1

[KP]
Members
1,995 posts
18,391 battles
27 minutes ago, Cruiser_Thor said:

oh... that does fit the dates pretty well doesn't it.

maybe if i just play more defensively and play like an a**hat away from objectives a bit i could at least farm some damage.

Farm damage and cap when the reds are dead has been working for me recently.

[SYN]
[SYN]
Members
6,728 posts
7,354 battles
55 minutes ago, Cruiser_Thor said:

I don't want to call myself a veteran player but i have quite a few games under my belt. unfortunately most of those games are trash.

Recently i made a determined effort to get my win rate up and my wtr and i made some serious progress almost 500 games where i kept my wtr in the blue and my win rate above 55%, i was playing all three classes and i was having fun.

About 2 weeks ago something changed, dramatically, and i don't know what it is. i went from having around a kraken every few days to barely able to get 100k games. i find plays i made 2 weeks ago meet with no damage done in a game or getting insta gibed because i'm off sides.

I'm not whining or asking for a buff/nerf, i am asking for help identifying what i need to do/what changed.

I'm tired of being a player with 7k games and and a wtr of 980. (please dont use warships today to check me out its completely broken beyond help)

I just went through 3 different phases in 2 weeks: 23-2, 13-12, and now 3-7, 39-19 overall is surely not bad, but as you can see, WR-wise, I went from super-uni to worse than a tater in just 2 weeks.

No matter what it is we do, we will never be able to do our purest best 100% of the time, too many factors affect us and how we perform. In this game, it's ship additions, tier changes, and many times, it's simply that a team refuses, just flat out refuses, to let you carry it to the win. While I as annoyed yesterday, and somewhat down, I know from experience that things will upswing again shortly. :)

• Cool 1

[FML]
Members
1,629 posts
9,890 battles
52 minutes ago, Cruiser_Thor said:

We all go through streaks where, for whatever reason, we just can’t win or do well.

Two days ago, I was in my Guilo Cesare in a T4/T5 battle, and did only 6k damage as I got ninjaed by a Fujin. No idea that he was there, and my random turns presented a perfect broadside so I ate every single torp.

Next battle, Leander in a solidly T8 battle. At the start of the match en route towards a cap, I was spotted between two rocks, I stopped and turned, smoked up, ate 4 battleships broadsides into my puff and I died massively. Only saving grace was I got torps off into the cap circle and a DD ate one of them (but he didn’t die). 

That day, I had another 6 battles like this, in ships where I have 60% WRs. Fiji, Belfast, Gneisenau, Tirpitz (nailed by Asashio torps, did 0 damage, again turned really the wrong way at the wrong moment)...

The solution: walk away. You’re done for the day. 

• Cool 1

Members
4,740 posts
5,464 battles
31 minutes ago, Hatework said:

Had my best game in Amagi one night, followed immediately by one of my worst.

That sounds more like going from the peak of Mt. Everest straight to the bottom of the Mid-Atlantic Ridge. :Smile-_tongue:

[YORHA]
Members
3,245 posts

Has something changed?

Well... lately my voice seems to have gotten deeper and I got hair growing in funny places. 

And girls don't seem so icky.

Edited by JCC45
  • Funny 3

[-GPS-]
Members
19 posts
7,945 battles
1 hour ago, UltimateNewbie said:

The solution: walk away. You’re done for the day. 

that's some good advice, and that's one of the things i did when i was trying to hard mode my wtr from crapto average.

1 hour ago, Th3KrimzonD3mon said:

I just went through 3 different phases in 2 weeks: 23-2, 13-12, and now 3-7, 39-19 overall is surely not bad, but as you can see, WR-wise, I went from super-uni to worse than a tater in just 2 weeks.

No matter what it is we do, we will never be able to do our purest best 100% of the time, too many factors affect us and how we perform. In this game, it's ship additions, tier changes, and many times, it's simply that a team refuses, just flat out refuses, to let you carry it to the win. While I as annoyed yesterday, and somewhat down, I know from experience that things will upswing again shortly. :)

ill keep this in mind.

[LOU1]
Members
2,857 posts
7,992 battles

With the change in the USN cruisers, there were a lot of people playing the ships that may not be used to that playstyle.  That also meant quite a bit ore radar than usual.  Add summer vacation in, the Indy missions, and some players taking a break after Ranked.  A lot of elements at play recently.

• Cool 1

Sign in to follow this