Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Tpaktop2_1

A misunderstanding disappointment with the update 0.7.6 USA tree split

24 comments in this topic

[TFK]
[TFK]
Alpha Tester
1,065 posts
12,619 battles

I come back from doing Primary election stuff and was really looking forward to a good experience for this next update. Two months prior for this update all the WoWS CC said research your USA CA ships from tier six to tier ten and get your captains in them. Which I did.

As I understood it, the first USA CA tree split proposal would be you would get the new ship if you had it in the port already. Then you would then get a commander skills equal to the skills you have for the researched ship this new split. Well that got changed

The second US CA tree split proposal was if you had the ship in port, you would get the new ship and a tier point commander for the new ship, for example a tier ten ship would have a 10 skill commander.

From one WoWS community CC I was told this tree split would be like the Russian DD split.

Now with update 0.7.6, I see only the Cleveland in port no other ships. Add to the fact that my Cleveland elite ship XP is gone. Prior to update 7.5.0 I had 110k elite ship XP. Now I got 5k elite ship XP since update 0.7.5. Was the XP converted without me seeing it or is this a bug on the split?

So did the WoWS developers changed thier minds again on the update 0.7.6? I am confused and disappointed  in not seeing the new ships in my port.

Edited by Tpaktop2_1
  • Bad 4

[TEARZ]
[TEARZ]
Beta Testers
298 posts
7,376 battles

The heavy cruiser split was the only line were you where given any ships. 7.6 Light cruiser line is its own unique line and has no tier counterparts other than the Cleveland that was moved in the 7.5 split.

[KRAB]
Members
615 posts
5,794 battles

You get a free T8 Cleveland, AFAIK all the exp you had on it either goes to the Pensacola (new T6 CA) or to the tier 1 in the line, so you can still convert it. 

[WPP]
Members
455 posts
5,100 battles

It all happened exactly how I thought it would based on what they said they’d do.  Nothing weird happened and I feel like they more than fairly compensated us for what - at its very essence - was a name change.

• Cool 1

[ERN]
[ERN]
Alpha Tester, In AlfaTesters, Beta Testers
10,101 posts
4,223 battles

what new ships? they never said we will be getting them. wherever you heard this rumor is greatly mistaken. you have to grind it like everyone else

• Cool 1
  • Boring 1

[FADES]
Members
145 posts
3,636 battles

This happened in 7.5, not 7.6.  I had the Tier 6 Cleveland and it got switched to Tier 8 (in the light US Cruiser line - the modules needed to be researched though), AND I got a Tier 6 Pensacola (in the US Heavy Cruiser line), which was maxxed out with all modules, like my Cleveland was.  We also got like 190k Free Commander XP to compensate for the Commander swap.

So, I had one Tier 6 US Cruiser and ended up with two, a Tier 8 (not upgraded) and a Tier 6 (fully upgraded) - seems pretty fair to me.

Edited by digitaljustice

[-BMV-]
Members
346 posts
6,579 battles

The first proposal that you heard was never real from Wargaming.  Notser was just straight up wrong and has said so since then.  The split happened exactly like every other split.  With the most generous captain skills and bonus elite commander experience being given out and everything else being the same.  You should never take what CCs say as gospel unless it is also posted on the game's site, in the patch notes, or they say the were told directly by a developer.  They are there to promote the game.  Sometimes they are wrong.

[WOLF3]
Members
5,973 posts
2,203 battles

^^ This ^^

47 minutes ago, Tpaktop2_1 said:

I am confused and disappointed  in not seeing the new ships in my port

What new ships? 

0.7.6 isn't a line split.  That already happened with 0.7.5.  As I recall, you were involved in the discussions here on how it would - and did - work.  Forget?

So ultimately your complaint boils down to, "They didn't give me any new stuff!"  <yawn>

[HINON]
Supertester
18,928 posts
12,454 battles

They did exactly what they announced, which was arguably already more generous than we could have expected. The split was in 7.5, expecting new ships for free in 7.6 is folly.

• Cool 2

[E-E]
[E-E]
Members
15,602 posts
14,017 battles
1 hour ago, MajorRenegade said:

what new ships? they never said we will be getting them. wherever you heard this rumor is greatly mistaken. you have to grind it like everyone else

But muh entitlement!

[TFK]
[TFK]
Alpha Tester
1,065 posts
12,619 battles
13 hours ago, MaxL_1023 said:

You get a free T8 Cleveland, AFAIK all the exp you had on it either goes to the Pensacola (new T6 CA) or to the tier 1 in the line, so you can still convert it. 

I had the Cleveland for more than a year. That would explain why the P-Cola has more than the usual XP.

13 hours ago, MajorRenegade said:

It just that the WoWS CC were given the wrong information. Why is WG making the CC liars with disinformation?

13 hours ago, RipNuN2 said:

You should read the previous patch notes. 

They change the notes after the release the update. To cover their tracks?

World of Warships development team would like to apologize for the ambiguous wording in the 0.7.5 patch note, as it may have caused some confusion regarding the bonus slots invoiced for replaced USN cruisers. We will soon add 1 to 3 slots for the players who had different combinations of said ships in their ports. So if you had pairs like Cleveland+Pensacola, Pensacola+New Orleans or New Orleans+Baltimore, you would receive 1 additional slot for any such combo.

WoWS source link

Information is only good when it is current and valid. WG edit and change their minds for the release notes which they are entitled to do. An e-mail notice would have been courteous for the change.

13 hours ago, mrh308 said:

The first proposal that you heard was never real from Wargaming.  Notser was just straight up wrong and has said so since then.  The split happened exactly like every other split.  With the most generous captain skills and bonus elite commander experience being given out and everything else being the same.  You should never take what CCs say as gospel unless it is also posted on the game's site, in the patch notes, or they say the were told directly by a developer.  They are there to promote the game.  Sometimes they are wrong.

It's not only Notser made a fool, but there were other such as Flamu. BTW being the CC is more than promoting the game, they are also propagandist of information. I don't like how WG hung them out with bad information.

12 hours ago, HazeGrayUnderway said:

But muh entitlement!

Overall guys my understanding was based on reliable players that loved WoWS. Either those players were doing bad things in given false information or WG lied to them how the rollout was suppose to go for the US CA tree split. Overall I was confused by the information given by multiple sources, which all stated the same information that I knew of the update 0.7.5- 0.7.6 releases. Obviously, my information was dated and not correct after I did the research.  Nothing I felt was entitlement, it was just bad information I was basing my opinion on.

[E-E]
[E-E]
Members
15,602 posts
14,017 battles

There is only one source, and that's the official news page.  Everything else before that was a bunch of random players taking guesses.

[ARGSY]
Members
5,793 posts
3,942 battles
31 minutes ago, Tpaktop2_1 said:

No.

What we got was exactly what we were promised in the patch notes that came out before the release; no more, no less.

34 minutes ago, Tpaktop2_1 said:

It just that the WoWS CC were given the wrong information. Why is WG making the CC liars with disinformation?

They weren't given wrong information; they had NO reliable information and they made wrong guesses on the basis of previous experience. If memory serves me correctly, Notser retracted his position as soon as he realised he was wrong. 

37 minutes ago, Tpaktop2_1 said:

Obviously, my information was dated and not correct after I did the research.  Nothing I felt was entitlement, it was just bad information I was basing my opinion on.

To put it bluntly, you didn't do your research anywhere near well enough; specifically, you didn't check the details close enough to the actual 0.7.5 release, or you would have known EXACTLY what would happen.

20 minutes ago, HazeGrayUnderway said:

There is only one source, and that's the official news page.  Everything else before that was a bunch of random players taking guesses.

This. A thousand times this.

Members
588 posts

If I understand this correctly the consensus is that Tpaktop 2 does not get any ships but should receive compensation in credits (not doubloons) for the ships not received. An assortment of 10 point Captains that speak in Japanese as well as pink Cat themed camo.

I feel this forum arbitration is complete and WOWs can proceed with this class action arbitration. Since 2Pak was the lead plaintiff he alone will receive the credits. However all other Owner Operators of US Cruisers both light and dark meat will receive a beautiful assortment of Cat themed Camo which features 100% cuteness......

• Funny 1

[WOLFD]
[WOLFD]
Beta Testers
4,950 posts
1,487 battles

@Tpaktop2_1 And what possessed you to believe such information when it's completely inconsistent with every prior split? WG'ing announced exactly what they where going to do well in advance of 7.5. If some CC speculated on what would happen and took somthing that hadn't been confirmed by WG'ing as fact. ANything they tell the CC@s is subject to change./ But in this case it sounds like you just weren't paying attention to what they said, or they where incompetent enough not to include a "not confirmed by WG'ing" disclaimer. 

Members
588 posts
5 minutes ago, Carl said:

@Tpaktop2_1 And what possessed you to believe such information when it's completely inconsistent with every prior split? WG'ing announced exactly what they where going to do well in advance of 7.5. If some CC speculated on what would happen and took somthing that hadn't been confirmed by WG'ing as fact. ANything they tell the CC@s is subject to change./ But in this case it sounds like you just weren't paying attention to what they said, or they where incompetent enough not to include a "not confirmed by WG'ing" disclaimer. 

So So Harsh...ease up.  Multiple threads by concerned players exist. All of these concerned players want to know where their overdue ships are since they are not in their port.  2Pak is definitely not alone in his concern for the brave crews that man his ships. 

I think you need a nice cute Japanese girl Captain and some Kitty camo. 

[NAVY]
Members
999 posts
3,720 battles
1 hour ago, Tpaktop2_1 said:

I had the Cleveland for more than a year. That would explain why the P-Cola has more than the usual XP.

Information is only good when it is current and valid. WG edit and change their minds for the release notes which they are entitled to do. An e-mail notice would have been courteous for the change.

It's not only Notser made a fool, but there were other such as Flamu. BTW being the CC is more than promoting the game, they are also propagandist of information. I don't like how WG hung them out with bad information.

Overall guys my understanding was based on reliable players that loved WoWS. Either those players were doing bad things in given false information or WG lied to them how the rollout was suppose to go for the US CA tree split. Overall I was confused by the information given by multiple sources, which all stated the same information that I knew of the update 0.7.5- 0.7.6 releases. Obviously, my information was dated and not correct after I did the research.  Nothing I felt was entitlement, it was just bad information I was basing my opinion on.

To my knowledge, WG did not and has not changed the patch notes after the release. In fact, the live server 0.7.5 and 0.7.6 patch notes were the same as the player test server 0.7.5 and 0.7.6 patch notes which did not deviate from the news releases or the official WG videos on the US cruiser line split. And you do not need an email notice. Just read the news releases and patch notes. Takes just a few minutes each day to stay up-to-date on the latest info. It's even available in your port if you don't want to visit the WoWs website.

Also, WG did not provide the CCs with wrong information nor did they lie. The only mistake they made, which you quoted and the only thing they added was that text in pink to the 0.7.5 news release, was how they worded the news release on the port slots players would receive based on what US heavy cruisers they had in their port at the time 0.7.5 went live. The CCs, including Notser, and the forum community were basing what would happen with the US cruiser split off the two previous lines splits. Back in March and April when we were seeing videos on the then-upcoming US cruiser line split, the CCs also stated in their videos that WG could change how they reward players and that nothing had been verified as of yet because they didn't have any specifics at that time. In other words, they were giving you their best-educated guess as to what would happen. Player Test Server patch notes did not come out till May 15th for 0.7.5 and June 5th for 0.7.6. The live server patch notes came out the day before the release of 0.7.5 and 3 days before 0.7.6.

Notser actually made a mistake in his US cruiser line split YouTube vid titled Maximize Line Splits regarding commanders and then stated so with a correction in a follow-up video Omaha-To-Dallas. His mistake was not due to misinformation from WG. Here on the videos.

[TFK]
[TFK]
Alpha Tester
1,065 posts
12,619 battles
1 hour ago, Toxic_Potato said:

If I understand this correctly the consensus is that Tpaktop 2 does not get any ships but should receive compensation in credits (not doubloons) for the ships not received. An assortment of 10 point Captains that speak in Japanese as well as pink Cat themed camo.

I feel this forum arbitration is complete and WOWs can proceed with this class action arbitration. Since 2Pak was the lead plaintiff he alone will receive the credits. However all other Owner Operators of US Cruisers both light and dark meat will receive a beautiful assortment of Cat themed Camo which features 100% cuteness......

Let's come down there Furgeson. It was a misunderstanding from my perception on the previous update information. Information changes on a daily basis. That is all.

Members
588 posts

I had the same “perception”. As did many others in multiple threads.  So no I don’t think we are going to come down on this one. I suspect multiple players will appreciate your notes.

Thanks

• Boring 1

[NAVY]
Members
999 posts
3,720 battles
34 minutes ago, Tpaktop2_1 said:

Let's come down there Furgeson. It was a misunderstanding from my perception on the previous update information. Information changes on a daily basis. That is all.

18 minutes ago, Toxic_Potato said:

I had the same “perception”. As did many others in multiple threads.  So no I don’t think we are going to come down on this one. I suspect multiple players will appreciate your notes.

Thanks

And you two are not the only players who misunderstood how WG was doing the US cruiser line split. There were several threads and complaints in the forums as well as the in-game chat from people after 0.7.5 went live. Part of it has to do with some of them not reading the available info, not staying up-to-date on the latest info, and some of it was because they didn't get correct or good info from another player. I think a number of players think that when a CC releases a WIP video review or preview of a ship line split or new ship(s), that they have the final, live release info. Most of the time, they do not, which is why they have to say and/or put that WIP watermark in the video. Even when participating on the player test servers, WG states that things could be changed for the live release.

In the case of the US cruiser line split for 0.7.5 and 0.7.6, the  CCs didn't have any specifics on reimbursement and ship replacements before May 15th. In most all of those vids and also in the forum topics on the US cruiser line split prior to the public test server 0.7.5 notes being posted, anyone taking that educated best guess as to what would happen was warning that the rewards/reimbursement could change. Of course, as is human nature, I think people gloss over those caveats.  

[WOLFD]
[WOLFD]
Beta Testers
4,950 posts
1,487 battles
7 hours ago, Toxic_Potato said:

So So Harsh...ease up.  Multiple threads by concerned players exist. All of these concerned players want to know where their overdue ships are since they are not in their port.  2Pak is definitely not alone in his concern for the brave crews that man his ships. 

I think you need a nice cute Japanese girl Captain and some Kitty camo. 

I didn;t mean to come off as harsh with it. It was more of a /facepalm What the heck response. Combined with, (Did a CC really screw up this badly!!??)

ALso i have both of those thanks :Smile-_tongue:.

Members
230 posts
498 battles
9 hours ago, HazeGrayUnderway said:

Is that the same news page that stated in no uncertain terms that they were releasing 15 new ships to the premium shop every week until most all of the premiums were available?

And then was edited after the 2nd week with no explanation or discussion?

"Soon, nearly all Premium ships, with some exceptions, will be available for purchase in the Premium Shop. On June 8, a squadron of 16 "Premiums" of different nations and tiers will appear on the Shop's shelves.

15 more ships will arrive in a week’s time. You can easily find the whole squadron in the "Ships" section of the Premium Shop."

WG's exact statement before it was deleted/changed.

Edited by ObviousAlt

Sign in to follow this