You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Buzzardsluck

On coal.....

14 comments in this topic

Members
400 posts
6,311 battles

Can we possibly get a better wrap for our coal. I think some fell out, cotton is a poor wrap and I only got 400 on a pretty good game. Just a quality control concern. HF GL

[-K-]
[-K-]
Members
3,034 posts
12,515 battles

You got 400 coal from a single game?

Members
400 posts
6,311 battles

2 minutes ago, Edgecase said:

yes, I told you the cotton wrap is bad. Why, did you lose more?

[-K-]
[-K-]
Members
3,034 posts
12,515 battles
32 minutes ago, Buzzardsluck said:

yes, I told you the cotton wrap is bad. Why, did you lose more?

I thought it was coal, but...

211130-I-Got-A-Rock....jpg

• Cool 1

[TF16B]
Members
8,051 posts
16,991 battles

At least it seems like I’ll be able to get Salem? Thought it was just going to be a clan-only ship.

[PVE]
Members
8,819 posts
7,254 battles
1 hour ago, Buzzardsluck said:

Can we possibly get a better wrap for our coal. I think some fell out, cotton is a poor wrap and I only got 400 on a pretty good game. Just a quality control concern. HF GL

1 hour ago, Edgecase said:

Translation

He played a game and got 2k XP. With that, he got a regular container. The container had a drop of coal, which is 400 coal. He feels like there should be more coal in a container drop and made a joke that the 'bag' the coal picture shows tore and drop the rest of the coal he feels that he should have received.

[1JN]
Members
2 posts
4,888 battles

i get 400 coal on any game i have a Victory and remain alive... just wondering what i do WITH the coal now.??  how do i see how much i have?

[PVE]
Members
5,310 posts
17,747 battles
1 minute ago, Wizardry71 said:

i get 400 coal on any game i have a Victory and remain alive... just wondering what i do WITH the coal now.??  how do i see how much i have?

You have to go into "Arsenal" to see how much you have and what is available to buy with it. From your Port screen, look to the mid-upper left hand part of your screen and you should see it right around where the "Missions" are located. Just click on "Arsenal" and it will take ya there. You only need to get 400 coal six hundred more times and you can buy the Salem!  

[WOLF5]
Members
272 posts
5,094 battles

I was away for a week and only started playing again today, didn't know anything about coal when I started my 1st game.  As luck would have it, I won a super container and was pretty excited, when opened, it contain 15k coal and I was like "wth is this crap!?!?".  :Smile_teethhappy:

Took me a while to finally figure out you can exchange it for stuff in the Arsenal screen.

The free stuff is pretty nice and I guess this an attempt to get more players to complete tasks/missions, which is fine by me but I also wish those camos in Arsenal are also available for purchase with doubloons or cash.  With the current operation Cherry Blossom, I'm using lots more camos and flags to earn XP and credits.

[PVE]
Members
8,819 posts
7,254 battles
9 hours ago, bigbearbeear said:

I was away for a week and only started playing again today, didn't know anything about coal when I started my 1st game.  As luck would have it, I won a super container and was pretty excited, when opened, it contain 15k coal and I was like "wth is this crap!?!?".  :Smile_teethhappy:

Took me a while to finally figure out you can exchange it for stuff in the Arsenal screen.

The free stuff is pretty nice and I guess this an attempt to get more players to complete tasks/missions, which is fine by me but I also wish those camos in Arsenal are also available for purchase with doubloons or cash.  With the current operation Cherry Blossom, I'm using lots more camos and flags to earn XP and credits.

There are daily log in bonuses this month and 150 coal is on the list a few times. There is also two daily challenges that you can complete each day to get 150 coal and 300 coal. Complete 20 of the Challenge series and get 5 ea Dragon flags.

[GOFU]
Beta Testers
6 posts
1,315 battles

Just another reason for me personally to stop playing World of Warships. 

I earned enough XP today to get 1 crate.  I asked for camo and flags.  Normally I'd get maybe 2 flags and a camo.  Today I felt like Christmas came early cause I got coal.  Coal.  Really?  And nowhere can I see on the port screen this mysterious "arsenal" where you're supposed to take this coal.   Seems to me I hung out my stocking on the chimney with care and Santa dropped coal instead of the candy and toys I'd been getting. 

Your mileage may differ.

Wievil

[PVE]
Members
8,819 posts
7,254 battles
22 minutes ago, wievil said:

Just another reason for me personally to stop playing World of Warships. 

I earned enough XP today to get 1 crate.  I asked for camo and flags.  Normally I'd get maybe 2 flags and a camo.  Today I felt like Christmas came early cause I got coal.  Coal.  Really?  And nowhere can I see on the port screen this mysterious "arsenal" where you're supposed to take this coal.   Seems to me I hung out my stocking on the chimney with care and Santa dropped coal instead of the candy and toys I'd been getting. 

Your mileage may differ.

Wievil

The Arsenal is in the upper left of the port screen, right above the missions box. If you are running mods, they might interfere with the Arsenal showing.

Here is the article about the Arsenal and the things you can buy. It also details how you get coal and steel. 

https://worldofwarships.com/en/news/common/introducing-arsenal/

Members
587 posts

I got 15000 coal for completing level 4 of the Yamamoto challenge? (Challenge Right?)

Then took the coupon and got the 40% buff for DC and put it on the Yamato in slot 1. 

Total cost was 12500 aprox.  I have all of these challenges I blew off so now I will do these and have so much coal!!!!

(Insert very evil laughter here) 

Just an observation here but all those players complaining about being up tiered with a Tier 8 ship into Tier 10.....

OMFG you have no idea what some of these Tier 10's are turning into. 

We may need a Tier 11...