You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
DasBootcamp

Squad transfers and league missions for CB

12 comments in this topic

[APOC]
[APOC]
Members
1,979 posts
6,229 battles

I've read the patch notes about the new Clan Battles settings on the site, but the news portion on the in-game client adds more depth to the notes. One specific part of the news post was really confusing in how it was written and I was hoping to get a WG employee to clear this up. Here it is:

Personal achievements the players can earn in Clan Battles are given on the basis of the results of battles played for one of the ratings. Combat missions in the Clan Battles season can be completed in battles played for any of the ratings. Battles will be counted for the combat mission’s progress only if the player joined them in the specified League. If while completing the combat mission, the player changes to the other rating that is in a different League where this combat mission is not available, battles played in this League will not be counted.

What this sounds like is a rule to deter people from squad/clan hopping. But it's not very clear in how this will be counted. Here is how I am interpreting it. "Squad A reaches Typhoon League while Squad B reaches Storm League. The player from Squad B transfers to Squad A. Wins in Typhoon count only towards this players Typhoon specific mission, and not to the Squall/Gale/Storm missions." But what about players that have always been in Squad A? Do those players need to play in at least one battle per league? Does this battle need to be a win to proc the mission completion?

All in all, this is not clearly written at all and could greatly affect the rewards players receive for completing their Clan Battles missions as they had the past two seasons.

P.S. - Credit to Puddin597 for finding this paragraph

Edited by DasBootcamp
  • Cool 1

[GWG]
[GWG]
Alpha Tester, In AlfaTesters
15,160 posts
8,772 battles

Personally clan hopping should be banned during CW which would solve that and the late season seal clubbing.

[KRAB]
Members
615 posts
5,794 battles

I thought it meant that transferring from the Typhoon squad to the Storm squad would only give you storm wins, even though the clan itself is in Typhoon. Basically, you can't "farm" easy wins on a lower ranked B team and get rewards corresponding to the Clan's rating - only the rating of the team you are on counts for rewards. 

Normally wins in a higher league count for all lower leagues as well - they did last season. 

[APOC]
[APOC]
Members
1,979 posts
6,229 battles
4 minutes ago, MaxL_1023 said:

I thought it meant that transferring from the Typhoon squad to the Storm squad would only give you storm wins, even though the clan itself is in Typhoon. Basically, you can't "farm" easy wins on a lower ranked B team and get rewards corresponding to the Clan's rating - only the rating of the team you are on counts for rewards. 

Normally wins in a higher league count for all lower leagues as well - they did last season. 

That's a good point too. I didn't think of that when I read it. This really needs to be clarified by WG before CB starts.

[GWG]
[GWG]
15,160 posts
8,772 battles
6 minutes ago, MaxL_1023 said:

I am guessing that previously people could hop to a better and higher ranked clan and still complete the lower rank missions. I see this as putting a stop to that by limiting mission progress to the ones that go with the clans rank. It wouldn't surprise me if I am wrong though.

[KRAB]
Members
615 posts
5,794 battles
18 minutes ago, BrushWolf said:

I am guessing that previously people could hop to a better and higher ranked clan and still complete the lower rank missions. I see this as putting a stop to that by limiting mission progress to the ones that go with the clans rank. It wouldn't surprise me if I am wrong though.

In that case, players who start in an elite clan would NEVER finish the lower ranked missions. Maybe this is intended, but previously a Hurricane League clan (for example) member would complete ALL the missions if they got enough wins in Hurricane League. 

[GWG]
[GWG]
15,160 posts
8,772 battles
1 minute ago, MaxL_1023 said:

In that case, players who start in an elite clan would NEVER finish the lower ranked missions. Maybe this is intended, but previously a Hurricane League clan (for example) member would complete ALL the missions if they got enough wins in Hurricane League. 

Every clan starts at the season at the lowest rank and if they really are elite they will finish the low rank missions with ease before moving up.

[KRAB]
Members
615 posts
5,794 battles
Just now, BrushWolf said:

Every clan starts at the lowest rank and if they really are elite they will finish the low rank missions with ease before moving up.

Unlikely - they usually rank up so fast that players won't get enough wins, especially if one team of ~7 gets 8 or 10 of them early on. 

[APOC]
[APOC]
Members
1,979 posts
6,229 battles
7 minutes ago, BrushWolf said:

Every clan starts at the season at the lowest rank and if they really are elite they will finish the low rank missions with ease before moving up.

Typically we move up to new leagues before the 30 games are completed. Most of the time we start getting our completions in Typhoon 2. APOC currently has two Hurricane clans and it was like that in both. Typhoon is faster for clans with competitive experience than it is for other clans that are still Typhoon quality in the end.

All in all, these 3 sentences seem to impact a LOT of rewards. This needs to be re-written.

Edited by DasBootcamp

[BIAS]
Members
3,047 posts
8,993 battles

Sounds like it is for higher rating clan, but they jump to the lower rating squad and it stops their progress in the higher league missions. 

That being said, I have no idea why WG doesn't do better translating and have native English speakers proofread everything and get clarification on this stuff.... It wouldn't take that much time and effort to prevent this extremely poor wording and sentence structure.