You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
GuntherPrein

My reaction after seeing 12 radar ships every game

32 comments in this topic

[YORHA]
Members
3,247 posts
hy·per·bo·le
hīˈpərbəlē/
noun

1. exaggerated statements or claims not meant to be taken literally.
  • Cool 4

[ARP2]
Members
1,224 posts
3,566 battles
3 minutes ago, JCC45 said:
hy·per·bo·le
hīˈpərbəlē/
noun

1. exaggerated statements or claims not meant to be taken literally.

I know right?  OP should try playing CVs.  There's 24 people every match trying to kill me, at least he only has to deal with 12.

• Funny 2

[5BS]
Members
4,494 posts

I'm sorry but are BB's broken? Considering only 1 BB has radar (and cannot even be gotten anymore) is there no way for people to take advantage of the fact *no* Radar carrying cruiser in the game can withstand a bow strike of 16" rifles? A people so [edited]set in their ways they cannot say, "Hey, everyone is queuing up in a Cruiser with limited range, no torps, and floaty as hell shells, maybe I should try BB's and punish them?" Seriously, queue up in a Conq, a Monty, or a Yamato and watch the Radar cruisers *cease* to be a problem.

Edited by _RC1138
  • Cool 2

[H_]
Members
698 posts

I wonder: when we were seeing in matches no DD's and a lot, a majority of CA/CL's, and we ended up with no less than 5 radar ships on a side, if the OP comment is hyperbole?  Because, DD's had ZERO chance of getting into effective ranges and surviving.  ZERO.

Now, tell me that was fun. eh?  Game after game of:  RADAR ON- 65 main gun hits and "you're out".....  No points and you lose money every match.....  Touch a cap circle line = RADAR ON.....then a pause.......touch the circle line....RADAR ON !  All game long....

I've retired my Tier 9-10 IJN DD's: they are not cost effective to play anymore.

Hyperbole by intent but:   "humor, is the voice of the subconscious..."

• Cool 1

[GWG]
[GWG]
Alpha Tester, In AlfaTesters
15,160 posts
8,772 battles
5 minutes ago, Asym_KS said:

I wonder: when we were seeing in matches no DD's and a lot, a majority of CA/CL's, and we ended up with no less than 5 radar ships on a side, if the OP comment is hyperbole?  Because, DD's had ZERO chance of getting into effective ranges and surviving.  ZERO.

Now, tell me that was fun. eh?  Game after game of:  RADAR ON- 65 main gun hits and "you're out".....  No points and you lose money every match.....  Touch a cap circle line = RADAR ON.....then a pause.......touch the circle line....RADAR ON !  All game long....

I've retired my Tier 9-10 IJN DD's: they are not cost effective to play anymore.

It is more hyperbole than fact. Ten is about the max I have seen and that isn't very common with two to three per side being more likely.

• Cool 1

[ARP2]
Members
1,224 posts
3,566 battles
13 minutes ago, Asym_KS said:

People talked avbout this like it was an actual meta shift.  Its not.  Theres a new line of botes out (with a few more coming) that use radar.  After the hype of new botes syndrome dies down, things will return to normal.  Remember when everyone thought the sky was falling because BBs started using HE when British BBs were introduced?  Nothing became of it, and British BBs are kind of a rarity.  Remember when Asashio was introduced and it was going to be the BBpocalypse?   yeah, that worked out. 

Remember when AP bombs were introduced and it was going to be the end of all creation?

Get my point here?

• Cool 2

[GWG]
[GWG]
15,160 posts
8,772 battles
1 minute ago, Hatework said:

People talked avbout this like it was an actual meta shift.  Its not.  Theres a new line of botes out (with a few more coming) that use radar.  After the hype of new botes syndrome dies down, things will return to normal.  Remember when everyone thought the sky was falling because BBs started using HE when British BBs were introduced?  Nothing became of it, and British BBs are kind of a rarity.  Remember when Asashio was introduced and it was going to be the BBpocalypse?   yeah, that worked out. 

Remember when AP bombs were introduced and it was going to be the end of all creation?

Get my point here?

This, the number of radar ships per match has been dropping to where one to three per team is typical. Of course with the US CL's today there will be a new surge in radar but that too will pass.

[RKLES]
Members
7,101 posts
8,757 battles
25 minutes ago, Hatework said:

I know right?  OP should try playing CVs.  There's 24 people every match trying to kill me, at least he only has to deal with 12.

24 people trying to kill you!? You mean you are trying to kill yourself as well as the rest of both teams??? :cap_hmm:

• Cool 1

[PT8TO]
Members
1,402 posts
12,829 battles

I was in a tier X game last night in which we had no DD's only 2 cruisers, 1 CV tier IX and the other 9 ships were all BB.

The next game was almost identical except there was a DD present.

For rest of the night the average amount of Radar ships per side was 2

[ARP2]
Members
1,224 posts
3,566 battles
3 minutes ago, Admiral_Thrawn_1 said:

24 people trying to kill you!? You mean you are trying to kill yourself as well as the rest of both teams??? :cap_hmm:

Just another day in the life of a CV driver.

[NMKJT]
Beta Testers
21,196 posts
3,871 battles
20 minutes ago, BrushWolf said:

It is more hyperbole than fact. Ten is about the max I have seen and that isn't very common with two to three per side being more likely.

Just like it's hyperbole to claim there's 10 destroyers every match.

[DIEBL]
Members
1,413 posts
14,228 battles

Man all I play is DD all this radar is ROFL it means I play DD WAAAAY different than before but I still play....I just get yelled at for most  of game especially if I am in an IJN DD but which I find is most succesfull as of late  for its Alpha strike on groups of radar chaining cruisers that allways seem to be in the same spot every map. DD play is a lot different than years ago where I could charge caps with a US DD give some smoke for cruisers and dominate a cap that's for sure but things change in life ( just not if u play any BB) and change is good... So bring your radar keep at it I kinda like the solo ninja style IJN brings in and really don't mind it at all in my Akizuki I put AFT skill back on like in old OWSF days so no DE but can drop lead and be annoying as hell to even Mosvka under smoke like a noob if I choose to do so.

[GWG]
[GWG]
15,160 posts
8,772 battles
13 minutes ago, KiyoSenkan said:

Just like it's hyperbole to claim there's 10 destroyers every match.

I find those matches with that many to not be fun even in DD's but I know they don't happen all the time.

Members
95 posts
3,279 battles
25 minutes ago, Admiral_Thrawn_1 said:

Well he is playing a cv...

• Cool 1
  • Funny 1

[OPGS]
Beta Testers
3,207 posts
5,662 battles
48 minutes ago, _RC1138 said:

I'm sorry but are BB's broken? Considering only 1 BB has radar (and cannot even be gotten anymore) is there no way for people to take advantage of the fact *no* Radar carrying cruiser in the game can withstand a bow strike of 16" rifles? A people so [edited]set in their ways they cannot say, "Hey, everyone is queuing up in a Cruiser with limited range, no torps, and floaty as hell shells, maybe I should try BB's and punish them?" Seriously, queue up in a Conq, a Monty, or a Yamato and watch the Radar cruisers *cease* to be a problem.

You speak the truth sir. I was in a division with two really good destroyer players. I followed them to support them, they would call out targets for me to blap. The enemy teams had as many as 6 radar ships and our division had no trouble functioning at a very high level.

[MWM]
Supertest Coordinator
276 posts
4,430 battles

Radar equipped Cruisers about...my BB's are making steam for easy XP and cash.  All I have to do is break open their citadel piggy banks and collect the cash.

Members
201 posts
2,696 battles
25 minutes ago, GuntherPrein said:

Man all I play is DD all this radar is ROFL it means I play DD WAAAAY different than before but I still play....I just get yelled at for most  of game especially if I am in an IJN DD but which I find is most succesfull as of late  for its Alpha strike on groups of radar chaining cruisers that allways seem to be in the same spot every map. DD play is a lot different than years ago where I could charge caps with a US DD give some smoke for cruisers and dominate a cap that's for sure but things change in life ( just not if u play any BB) and change is good... So bring your radar keep at it I kinda like the solo ninja style IJN brings in and really don't mind it at all in my Akizuki I put AFT skill back on like in old OWSF days so no DE but can drop lead and be annoying as hell to even Mosvka under smoke like a noob if I choose to do so.

:cap_wander:

Getting a little difficult to parse there...

Thats cool I guess? Have fun?

I'm just not going to play my DDs for a while as it's not worth the hassle. With all these super stealthy Americans around punishing you for capping, scouting, torping... existing... There isn't a reason. Roon city I guess. Or Moskva when I get bored and feel like winning.

Also CW. Guess it came just in time to give me something to do.

[_AFW_]
Members
975 posts
7,021 battles
1 hour ago, _RC1138 said:

Bingo... be sure you are a BB player that knows how to manage being on fire and you can make those US CA have a bad day. 

Edited by Shadow_NA

Members
57 posts
7 battles
1 hour ago, BrushWolf said:

I haven't played much recently, work has been nuts, but I did sit down and punch out 6 games in the TX brackets this past Monday.

Each game had a minimum of 3 radar a side with 4 of them having 6 per side. 100% anecdotal but still a sign of the times. In one game we got no caps at all seeing as our sides radars derped around behind the spawn for WAY too long. Cruisers need to move their butts now and get into radar position, something that I find is compounding the issue. Your radar is useless? You lose.

[H_]
Members
698 posts
1 hour ago, Hatework said:

Get my point here?

Yes, I hear this and I understand to a point.   I've redacted everything I was going to say in response.   A sales gimmick that has run amok.  The Jennie is out of the bottle, Pandora is lose and the only remediation I want is a HARM consumable for my DD's.  You turn on your Vietnam era, exact position radar and I launch a 20 Kilo HE SLARM that is supersonic......BOOM, no radar.  Precision countered with precision.  Era tech against era correct tech.  BALANCE.....

Members
3,635 posts
13,459 battles
3 hours ago, _RC1138 said:

That'd be sweet if the BBs actually targeted the Radar Cruisers but just as often as not they don't. In a tier 10 battle last week there were 6 Cruisers on the Red team, 4 were radar Cruisers. Guess which Cruisers our BBoneheads focused on? That's right, the 2 that had NO radar. Aaannnddd... Those 2 were the furthest away from the caps. :Smile_facepalm:

[ARP2]
Members
1,224 posts
3,566 battles
49 minutes ago, Asym_KS said:

Yes, I hear this and I understand to a point.   I've redacted everything I was going to say in response.   A sales gimmick that has run amok.  The Jennie is out of the bottle, Pandora is lose and the only remediation I want is a HARM consumable for my DD's.  You turn on your Vietnam era, exact position radar and I launch a 20 Kilo HE SLARM that is supersonic......BOOM, no radar.  Precision countered with precision.  Era tech against era correct tech.  BALANCE.....

To be actually helpful:

Ive found that rather than going straight for a cap, i linger outside of it and spot first.  Try to get my team to fpcus down the radar ships, then go for the cap.  Fighting random red DDs that think theyre better than me along the way.  I have to admit, im not a fan of wall haxx, but Wargaming doesnt seem interested in making them linne of sight only (which would solve all issues with radar immediately) so one jsut has to learn to fight through it.

Less capping in the early game, more spotting.  Its been working out for me so far.  Admittedly, im not the best DD player, but the little buggers are fun sometimes.

[INTEL]
Members
747 posts
7,868 battles
9 minutes ago, ReddNekk said:

That'd be sweet if the BBs actually targeted the Radar Cruisers but just as often as not they don't. In a tier 10 battle last week there were 6 Cruisers on the Red team, 4 were radar Cruisers. Guess which Cruisers our BBoneheads focused on? That's right, the 2 that had NO radar. Aaannnddd... Those 2 were the furthest away from the caps. :Smile_facepalm:

You ever try dropping shells on a target you cant see or is hugging an island tighter than a baby on a teet? Even bad BB players dont have an aversion to shooting whatever they can see, they just have to be able to land shots.

I'm only recently playing a BB on a reg basis. So many matches where I simply cannot shoot any cruiser because they arent detected or are too tight to an island. Meanwhile DDs are tossing salt in chat because BBs arent pushing blindly into a firestorm of HE. Green radar cruisers who sit to far from anyplace radar would be good is another common fail I see. DDs that refuse to try and get a LOS angle on invisi firing cruisers is also common.

Bad players in every class make some matches almost unbearable.