You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
BUNNYHUGGERI

Cherry Blossom.....How to 5 Star it.

55 comments in this topic

[HAPPY]
Members
37 posts
10,961 battles

The key is the base.  You have to save them.

1.  Drive FULL speed to D8.  Do not slow down...do not collect two hundred dollars.  DO NOT STOP.

2.  You need a Chapayev.  He pops radar at LINE 7.  You will light up the two cruisers that are shelling your marines.  Shoot them both.  TRADE SHOTS...GET THEIR ATTENTION.

3.  KEEP MOVING FOREWARD.  At the 8 line a Cleveland pops radar.  Keep it rotating between ships if you can.

4.  Their will be some dd's and ca's coming from your left.  Kill them...BUT KEEP MOVING FORWARD.

5.  A little sneaky Akizuki will come in to shell your base (D8/9).  Shoot him....GET HIS ATTENTION.

6.  There is a Shiratsuyu...same thing(D8/9).  Shoot him....get his attention.

After you have drawn all the ships off your marines it is a cake walk....enjoy.

Edited by BUNNYHUGGERI
  • Cool 17

[CUTER]
[CUTER]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
1,607 posts
8,789 battles

ya most people will stop and not shoot at the ships shooting at the marines.

[ARGSY]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
5,099 posts
18,616 battles
7 minutes ago, BUNNYHUGGERI said:

1.  Drive FULL speed to D8.  Do not slow down...do not collect two hundred dollars.  DO NOT STOP.

2.  You need a Chapayev.  He pops radar at LINE 7.  You will light up the two cruisers that are shelling your marines.  Shoot them both.  TRADE SHOTS...GET THEIR ATTENTION.

3.  KEEP MOVING FOREWARD.  At the 8 line a Cleveland pops radar.  Keep it rotating between ships if you can.

4.  Their will be some dd's and ca's coming from your left.  Kill them...BUT KEEP MOVING FORWARD.

5.  A little sneaky Akizuki will come in to shell your base (D8/9).  Shoot him....GET HIS ATTENTION.

I miss the part: have your DefAA ready and stay close to the CV's for killing the planes and get repaired.

We did it more or less this way and earned five stars with only one ship lost.

Was funny when there was a player who don't know it and screamed that I should come back, when I lead the charge with my Chap.

Also: one or two French cruisers could be helpful with the first part.

• Cool 1

[WHB]
Beta Testers
247 posts
3,026 battles

Balti's focusing with AP on the cruisers shelling the marines, works as well. Done it this way several times this morning.

[RNMD2]
Members
39 posts

Thanks a lot :Smile_honoring:   

Nice to have such a naval engagement showdown :Smile_great:

Check it definitely/

Brazil-Serbia 1-0 :Smile_bajan2:

[LUCK]
Members
1,274 posts
18,949 battles

Nice info for- my group did it first try only losing 1 ship. He was a slacker.

Members
2,077 posts

I got 5 star 1st game... Was super easy... Even had an AFK with 0 XP in my game. Just floored it to the green bases and then to the end with the red bases.

[WOLFB]
[WOLFB]
Members
180 posts
4,256 battles

Another tip: use HE against the airbases, it's WAY more effective than AP.

• Cool 1

[5D]
Members
2,208 posts
13,930 battles

Done it 3 times and each team refused to focus on the Myoko's shelling the marines each time other than 2-3 of us.

[SBS]
Members
2,394 posts
2,247 battles

5 star on the second try.  This one seems pretty easy.  The whole night battle thing is a bit of let down.  I love the concept, and I'd like to see it in the game, but it needs some work.

[PVE]
[PVE]
Beta Testers
1,542 posts
3,731 battles
3 hours ago, Haifischkoeder said:

RIP Edinburgh

[WOLF1]
Members
74 posts
3,926 battles
4 hours ago, MorbidGamer said:

I got 5 star 1st game... Was super easy... Even had an AFK with 0 XP in my game. Just floored it to the green bases and then to the end with the red bases.

Quite a few people, myself included, can't load into the op due to a bug. I can hear the gunfire but it stays at the looking for players screen. I'm not trying again because I get pinked due to being AFK, hopefully they will have it fixed soon as I really enjoyed it on the PTS. 

Blammo

Alpha Tester, In AlfaTesters
3,623 posts
521 battles

First run. Was pretty much an all-US-cruiser team.

sANGpcO.jpg

wUjmDJq.jpg

No DDs, no CVs, no BBs. All CLs and CAs. Mostly Clevelands and Baltimores.

A lot of fun was had! Will be playing this a lot more. 

The airbases are a bit weird. The first time I hit it for 11,000 damage with only the Cleveland's front guns, the 2nd and 3rd salvos only got me 700 damage on it. Then a Myoko presented a better target so I took that while my team finished off the airbase. 

[STW-D]
Members
1,842 posts
5,651 battles

My first attempt came pretty darn close, but unfortunately our one and only Chapayev was afk (who eventually died to enemy aircraft) and we couldn't kill the Myokos before they killed one of the battalions, so it was a 4-star run.

[FOXEH]
Beta Testers
6,103 posts
1,313 battles

My first two and ONLY runs yesterday were both failures. I got constantly set on fire and torped into oblivion in my Cleveland. Rest of the team didn't do anything either.

Got fed up with the game after the second attempt and atl-f4 and went and played Bomber Crew instead. Had a lot more fun there.

Seriously... I'm getting fed up with a lot of the mechanics in this game...

[E-E]
[E-E]
Members
15,549 posts
13,992 battles

As long as you don't get campy, you'll be fine.  I sailed Cleveland right into the middle of the map at the start and was going to town.  In the second half of the operation, be careful about sailing right into the middle of the bay in the northwest.  You will be dodging lots of torps as well as bombers.

• Cool 1

[O_O]
Members
4,333 posts
9,274 battles

I appreciate the tip.  I lost my first attempt because my team mates completely disregarded the Marines.

On my second attempt I told everyone what we should do, everyone complied, we easily got 5 stars, and I got two compliments for my guidance.

So, thanks for the 5 stars and two compliments!  :Smile_great:

[NAVY]
Members
999 posts
3,720 battles
16 hours ago, BUNNYHUGGERI said:

Plus one for the very good advice for the new Op.

I would add that in the beginning, a Baltimore, Cleveland, or Edinburgh (Chapayev needs to save their radar D7 for the tactic @BUNNYHUGGERI is suggesting to light up the cruisers) ... doesn't matter which so just communicate in chat... needs to fire up their surveillance radar consumable at approximately the 19:30 mark, which should give most everyone time to have their guns loaded,  into the Op to detect the first 4 enemy DDs. Often, the team can kill them quickly before they have a chance to load and launch their torpedos. Doing this will help speed the team towards the D8 area to take care of the enemy cruisers and further enemy DDs to save both Marine regiments.

15 hours ago, Haifischkoeder said:

11 hours ago, Vader_Sama said:

RIP Edinburgh

Actually, the Edinburgh does really well in the Cherry Blossom Op.

Her British AP rips through DDs like a hot knife through butter. As far as the aerodromes are concerned, the issue with that British AP is that you have to get her within 10 km to consistently do damage. Outside of that, I found I was not getting any damage; however, you get her within 8 km of those 'domes and she will do approximately 22,800 dmg to them per salvo. 

06-28-2018 WoWs screenshot_021 Cherry Blossom 5-star with Edinburgh.jpg

06-28-2018 WoWs screenshot_022 Cherry Blossom 5-star with Edinburgh.jpg

06-28-2018 WoWs screenshot_023 Cherry Blossom 5-star with Edinburgh.jpg

06-28-2018 WoWs screenshot_024 Cherry Blossom 5-star with Edinburgh.jpg

06-28-2018 WoWs screenshot_025 Cherry Blossom 5-star with Edinburgh.jpg

06-28-2018 WoWs screenshot_026 Cherry Blossom 5-star with Edinburgh.jpg

[ARGSY]
Members
5,709 posts
3,886 battles
51 minutes ago, daVinci761st said:

Outside of that, I found I was not getting any damage; however, you get her within 8 km of those 'domes and she will do approximately 22,800 dmg to them per salvo. 

Interestingly enough, this is also the distance I have to close to with my Leander to do anything to the forts in Killer Whale.

Thanks for the hints, all; I might give this one a go tonight.

• Cool 1

[NAVY]
Members
999 posts
3,720 battles
16 minutes ago, Ensign_Cthulhu said:

Interestingly enough, this is also the distance I have to close to with my Leander to do anything to the forts in Killer Whale.

Thanks for the hints, all; I might give this one a go tonight.

Aye.

I also recommend switching out your smoke consumable for surveillance radar as I have found the radar more useful in the Cherry Blossom Op. The scenario requires ships to be on the move to be able to meet the primary and secondary objectives; so, you really just don't have that much time to sit in the smoke. 

[0456]
[0456]
Members
2,809 posts
7,992 battles

+1 for recommendation op. I didn't really apply what you'd said but looking back at my first 4 star attempt I get what you were insisting on the push at the beginning. Next time it'll be a five star!

[BASIN]
[BASIN]
Members
1,930 posts
18 hours ago, BUNNYHUGGERI said:

TYVM  OP  Good Job you get a Plus+1 from me here

[ARGSY]
Members
5,709 posts
3,886 battles
24 minutes ago, daVinci761st said:

I also recommend switching out your smoke consumable for surveillance radar

This is the impression I'd already got from reading everything before my post, but thanks for the reminder. Radar Edinburgh can be a tricky ship to keep alive in Randoms/Ranked (and I have played her with radar, so I have some experience there), but in this scenario the smoke meta is inapplicable anyway and you lose nothing by leaving it behind.

I am assuming the particular advice relating to the Chapayev is due to radar range?

[NAVY]
Members
999 posts
3,720 battles
2 minutes ago, Ensign_Cthulhu said:

This is the impression I'd already got from reading everything before my post, but thanks for the reminder. Radar Edinburgh can be a tricky ship to keep alive in Randoms/Ranked (and I have played her with radar, so I have some experience there), but in this scenario the smoke meta is inapplicable anyway and you lose nothing by leaving it behind.

I am assuming the particular advice relating to the Chapayev is due to radar range?

You'll have an advantage then since you are used to running a radar Edinburgh. It's definitely a different animal. Took me a run through in the Edi without the smoke to get used to her and when you are being targeted by several cruisers, it makes you pucker a wee bit. The Repair Party definitely saved my bacon several times. 

And, yes, that is correct on the radar range for the Chapayev compared to the other radar cruisers. Even though her radar consumable action time is 10-seconds shorter, by the time it runs out, usually one of the other radar cruisers is in range to pop another radar to keep the enemy cruisers detected.

Beta Testers
201 posts
9,377 battles
2 hours ago, HazeGrayUnderway said:

As long as you don't get campy, you'll be fine.  I sailed Cleveland right into the middle of the map at the start and was going to town.  In the second half of the operation, be careful about sailing right into the middle of the bay in the northwest.  You will be dodging lots of torps as well as bombers.

No kidding.  I am wondering about how dangerous the air attacks are in this scenario without USN cruisers(seems very rare :P).    3 USN ships is the fewest I've seen myself.

2 major plane attacks in this operation.

11-12min mark is the first wave of planes.  10 squads,  5 from the North & 5 from the West. 

8-9min mark is the second wave.    8-10 squads split again from both directions.  (was thinking it maybe affected by how many you shot down in the first attack.  But I'm starting to believe it is a set amount,  possibly 10 squads again.)  

• Cool 1