You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
TheDreadnought

Aren't we supposed to get getting a spotter plane on Bayern?

14 comments in this topic

[WOLF2]
Beta Testers
3,827 posts

I thought I heard this a while back.  Something about new photos being found showing a catapult mounted on a turret?

Members
3,774 posts
2 minutes ago, TheDreadnought said:

I thought I heard this a while back.  Something about new photos being found showing a catapult mounted on a turret?

Bayern doesn't need a spotter plane.

[WOLF2]
Beta Testers
3,827 posts
Just now, torpsRus said:

On the contrary, a spotter plane would be amazing on Bayern!

Besides, it's not a "need" situation.  It's a "did she have one" situation.

[ARGSY]
Members
5,880 posts
4,001 battles
4 minutes ago, TheDreadnought said:

Same goes for Iron Duke. Whether these ships NEED one or not is irrelevant; one was strongly hinted/promised, and I would like to know when.

[REVY]
Members
942 posts
7,322 battles

I think you are confusing the Beyern and Iron Duke with Arizona.

Arizona did have a catapult on turret 3.

An1O7bb.jpg

As built, Beyern did not have a Catapult.

Iron Duke did have flying platforms on 'B' and 'Q' turrets in 1918, but no catapult. The Platforms also required boards to be attached to the gun barrels to create the 'take off' ramp as the planes were essentially land based aircraft.

[WOLF5]
Beta Testers
207 posts
2,337 battles

I'd like a spotter on my MO ~ it'd be more useful that Radar most of the time for the ease in shooting over islands particularly since there is so much radar on cruisers these days

[WOLF2]
Beta Testers
3,827 posts
1 minute ago, AzureTerra said:

I'd like a spotter on my MO ~ it'd be more useful that Radar most of the time for the ease in shooting over islands particularly since there is so much radar on cruisers these days

No problem.  It's called the "Iowa Mod."  It's offered in-client.  You don't even have to d/l it separately.

• Cool 1

[5BS]
Members
4,567 posts
1 minute ago, AzureTerra said:

It's called the Iowa.

Members
17,843 posts
5,096 battles
26 minutes ago, torpsRus said:

It's odd, for all the issues with KM dispersion, I find that, even with a Hail Mary salvo, it's extremely rare to not hit with one shell, whereas other BBs, even though you generally hit with more shells overall, seem to have complete whiffs more often.

[WOLF5]
Beta Testers
207 posts
2,337 battles
2 minutes ago, _RC1138 said:

It's called the Iowa.

Ah that will be useful then when i get there, still chugging through the Colorado

[5BS]
Members
4,567 posts
31 minutes ago, Skpstr said:

It's odd, for all the issues with KM dispersion, I find that, even with a Hail Mary salvo, it's extremely rare to not hit with one shell, whereas other BBs, even though you generally hit with more shells overall, seem to have complete whiffs more often.

Shell speed: the KM uses lighter shells on nearly all ships so leading is easy mode compared to say the USN which are far more accurate, but far more 'floaty.'

Members
17,843 posts
5,096 battles
38 minutes ago, _RC1138 said:

Shell speed: the KM uses lighter shells on nearly all ships so leading is easy mode compared to say the USN which are far more accurate, but far more 'floaty.'

I always wondered about that. I play all my BBs mostly at midrange, (don't typically snipe or brawl) and it surprised me when I looked and found Bismarck and Gneisenau to have my best hit rate

[OPGS]
Beta Testers
3,276 posts
5,679 battles
1 hour ago, TheDreadnought said:

I hope they do, it will make it a lot easier for the German ships to find Poland..........hehehehehehe