You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
__crazy8s_

How do I exchange my coal to steel?

82 comments in this topic

Members
3,774 posts

I like the new arsenal page.  That's pretty cool.  How ever there are a couple things I'm seeing.  I want to exchange my coal for steel.  How does one do that?  I am sitting on 28150 coal according to my arsenal.  I look in where it says more about resources.  It says basically you can exchange resources for ships signals and other items.  Coal you can get coal by completing challenges and combat missions or in daily containers, steel you can earn steel in ranked and clan battles.  If you don't have enough coal you will be able to use steel in place of the missing coal for the item.  So I was hoping to pick up flint because I wanted the Atlanta sister ships.  no where have I seen inside the game does it tell me how to exchange coal for steel.   Does anybody know how to do this?  I'm hoping we wont have to purchase doubloons.

shot-18.06.27_07.55.04-0804.jpg

shot-18.06.27_07.58.52-0525.jpg

• Cool 1
  • Boring 2

[-HON-]
Beta Testers
360 posts
9,090 battles

You can't. 

The exchange is only steel to coal.

• Cool 2

[ARGSY]
Members
5,836 posts
3,984 battles

It was made quite clear by WG that the coal to steel conversion is NOT possible.

[TNG-D]
[TNG-D]
Members
346 posts
8,425 battles

Someone cant read. lol

• Cool 3
  • Bad 12

[OPGS]
Beta Testers
3,245 posts
5,674 battles
2 minutes ago, MackDye said:

Someone cant read. lol

There is no reason to be nasty about it. I have made that mistake before where I have been excited about something and skimmed the directions and made a simple mistake. 

• Cool 5

Members
3,774 posts
Just now, Belthorian said:

There is no reason to be nasty about it. I have made that mistake before where I have been excited about something and skimmed the directions and made a simple mistake. 

The individual was reported.

• Cool 2
  • Boring 2

[WOLF2]
Members
1,169 posts
12,869 battles

Steel is forged from iron ore and coal heated to extremely high temperatures … once the carbon and impurities have been hammered out, you will have high quality steel suitable for varying purposes.

Now if we could only figure out how to hack into each others ship computers, we'd really be in business.

FYI, WG forgot to give us iron ore :(

• Cool 1

[-DOG-]
Members
190 posts
3,128 battles

Think of it this way:  

Coal = Credits

Steel = Doubloons.

You can convert doubloons to credits, but not credits to doubloons.  You can convert steel to coal, but not coal to steel.

For some reason, they don't want people to do this, which I think is a HUGE mistake, but it is how it is.  They don't seem to be even considering changing that idea either.

• Cool 3
  • Funny 1

Members
3,774 posts
Just now, Commander_367 said:

Steel is forged from iron ore and coal heated to extremely high temperatures … once the carbon and impurities have been hammered out, you will have high quality steel suitable for varying purposes.

Now if we could only figure out how to hack into each others ship computers, we'd really be in business.

Lol yea I know I've actually made steel here at my house quite fun actually.  I didn't get it quite right but none the less it was fun making.

[WOLF2]
Members
2,992 posts
5,204 battles
2 minutes ago, Commander_367 said:

I've got all of this iron and steel in my port, just need to figure out where the furnace is, and persuade WG to let me cash in the ship's steel. :Smile_teethhappy:

• Funny 1

[WOLF2]
Members
1,169 posts
12,869 battles

Yeah, it really makes you realize how smart ancient cultures were to be able to make steel at all, let alone create something as technical as a sword +1

[MWM]
Supertester
1,792 posts
4,935 battles
7 minutes ago, torpsRus said:

The individual was reported.

Or he could have re read the posting.  Huh I cant find this option lemme reread the thing again to see if I missed something.

• Bad 1

[OPGS]
Beta Testers
3,245 posts
5,674 battles
3 minutes ago, torpsRus said:

Lol yea I know I've actually made steel here at my house quite fun actually.  I didn't get it quite right but none the less it was fun making.

I am going full on nerd and paraphrasing from a movie. "For no one – no one in this world can you trust. Not men, not women, not beasts…
...(Points to the steel sword)...this you can trust"  Extra credit for anyone who knows what movie I am talking about.

Members
3,774 posts
1 minute ago, Belthorian said:

I am going full on nerd and paraphrasing from a movie. "For no one – no one in this world can you trust. Not men, not women, not beasts…
...(Points to the steel sword)...this you can trust"  Extra credit for anyone who knows what movie I am talking about.

D U  H conan the barbarian

Members
3,774 posts
9 minutes ago, cometguy said:

I've got all of this iron and steel in my port, just need to figure out where the furnace is, and persuade WG to let me cash in the ship's steel. :Smile_teethhappy:

My real furnace is in my back yard lol.  Its not gigantic but unfortunately I cant put pix elated graphics into it.  It requires the real deal lol

[REVY]
Members
941 posts
7,317 battles
7 minutes ago, Belthorian said:

the riddle of steel.......

BTW: Sandahl Bergman is a very wonderful lady and is more then happy to talk with you in regards to that movie.

Edited by Lord_Slayer

[GWG]
[GWG]
Alpha Tester, In AlfaTesters
15,219 posts
8,804 battles
20 minutes ago, Commander_367 said:

They also forgot to give us ore boats to get the iron ore/taconite to the steel mills. :Smile_hiding:

maxresdefault.jpg

• Funny 1

[WOLF2]
Members
1,169 posts
12,869 battles

That's IT! 

I'm putting a tariff on all of you for taking all the iron ore - Let' the warships trade wars begin - I'm cutting off your oil supply.

26 minutes ago, Old_Baldy_One said:

Think of it this way:  

Coal = Credits

Steel = Doubloons.

You can convert doubloons to credits, but not credits to doubloons.  You can convert steel to coal, but not coal to steel.

For some reason, they don't want people to do this, which I think is a HUGE mistake, but it is how it is.  They don't seem to be even considering changing that idea either.

Now this is actually more to the point … I can't think of many one-way transactions that ever worked in my favor and WG seems to be getting carried away with it - I want FREE TRADE NOW!

• Funny 1

[ANZAC]
[ANZAC]
Members
599 posts
5,041 battles

I spent some of my coal completing the Dunkirk collection. I figure it'll mostly just sit there and accumulate like free XP until I find something to spend it on.

[SALVO]
Members
16,670 posts
17,308 battles
7 hours ago, Belthorian said:

I'm sorry, but I can't feel any sympathy for someone too lazy to check out the main website before coming here to ask stupid questions.

EDIT:  I see that the lazy community has decided to hit me with their thumbs down.  I'm shocked … shocked, I tell you … that they have enough get up and go to even bother to hit the thumbs down button since they're too lazy to check out the main website for new content updates.

Edited by Crucis
  • Bad 6

[SALVO]
Members
16,670 posts
17,308 battles
37 minutes ago, Commander_367 said:

That's IT! 

I'm putting a tariff on all of you for taking all the iron ore - Let' the warships trade wars begin - I'm cutting off your oil supply.

LOL!  :Smile_great:  :Smile_teethhappy:

• Bad 1

[OPGS]
Beta Testers
3,245 posts
5,674 battles
Just now, Crucis said:

I'm sorry, but I can't feel any sympathy for someone too lazy to check out the main website before coming here to ask stupid questions.

Meh, when something is new and I am excited about it, sometimes I will skim the patch notes and misread something.

[OPGS]
Beta Testers
3,245 posts
5,674 battles
2 minutes ago, Crucis said:

Off topic but holy crap......how do you find the time to have so many battles. I have been playing since closed beta and only have 1/3 the battles. You are a machine sir!

[OPGS]
Beta Testers
3,245 posts
5,674 battles
53 minutes ago, Lord_Slayer said:

the riddle of steel.......

BTW: Sandahl Bergman is a very wonderful lady and is more then happy to talk with you in regards to that movie.

lol you would be correct......of course anyone with such a cool screen name would know about it lol.

[OPGS]
Beta Testers
3,245 posts
5,674 battles
1 hour ago, torpsRus said:

D U  H conan the barbarian

lol correct sir.