You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
strykerpsg

Free XP needed to unlock new tree?

31 comments in this topic

[SWNG]
Beta Testers
77 posts
3,481 battles

Ok, I am certainly a bit confused. I ground through tiers 6-10 in the former US cruiser line, pre- 0.7.4. I purchased them all, left them in the port and even bought premium camo. Then 0.7.5 dropped, I got the new heavy line and Cleveland moved to tier VIII in the CL line. Today, 0.7.6 dropped and I have to burn my free XP to research and purchase the new line? wth? I missed the pre-release notes discussing one needed to research the entire new line and purchase it, sans the Cleveland? I am just beyond disappointed and pissed off. 

Can someone tell me I am mistaken, that I did read everything correctly prior to release and all I need to do is drop a support ticket to rectify the issue?

• Angry 1

[CUTE]
[CUTE]
Supertester
4,084 posts
4,098 battles

Well you only had the cleveland, so you only got the cleveland in the new line. If you want dallas/helena, you'll need to grind them from omaha. If you want seattle and wooster, you'll need to grind from cleveland. No where did it say that you'd get Dallas/helena/seattle/Wooster. You don't need dallas/helena to grind xp on cleveland for seattle/wooster.

Also this patch was 0.7.6

Edited by Cruiser_Noshiro
  • Cool 3

[HINON]
Members
8,809 posts

Why would you get the entire new line? You only ground the old line which you kept and they gave you a generous boost by having a headstart with cleveland at T8.

• Cool 1

[SWNG]
Beta Testers
77 posts
3,481 battles

I understand that's the normal mechanics of the grind, but it was mentioned that if you had researched tier 1-10 and had purchased the premium camo, you would most likely receive the new tech tree line VI-X as well. I have tiers VI-X  in the heavy cruiser line, in my port and tier VIII in the light cruiser line in my port too. Where is the additional new hulls, their captain equivalents and the premium camo? 

[TDD]
Members
881 posts
7,891 battles

umm... no. WG never said that. You have to grind the line either from Omaha to TX if you have the Cleveland you can skip the two below and grind from Cleveland to TX. That's how it's always been. if you thought differently you  simply misunderstood what you were reading

• Cool 2

[HINON]
Members
8,809 posts
5 minutes ago, strykerpsg said:

I understand that's the normal mechanics of the grind, but it was mentioned that if you had researched tier 1-10 and had purchased the premium camo, you would most likely receive the new tech tree line VI-X as well. I have tiers VI-X  in the heavy cruiser line, in my port and tier VIII in the light cruiser line in my port too. Where is the additional new hulls, their captain equivalents and the premium camo? 

I don't know where you heard that but it was incorrect. I believe in the old line if you had the premium camo on say the Pensacola you got it on the new pensacola and received the premium camo on the T7 replacement ship, or if you had premium camo on it you received credits as compensation. etc. I believe this was all laid out in the previous patch notes if you want to check it out.

Edited by RipNuN2

Members
587 posts

I am in the same boat as OP. I thought that if u had US Cruiser Tier 6-9 researched, bought and with a Captain u got the new ships researched, bought and with a Captain. Tier 10 I knew u did not get a new ship.

[SWNG]
Beta Testers
77 posts
3,481 battles

Grrrr, fair enough. I assumed incorrectly and made an [edited] of myself. Guess I will just grind out the tier 9 and 10. Really sucks I need to grind the whole line versus having a choice as to whether one wants the light line or the heavy line when it's released. Thanks for reading the rant.

[HAG]
Beta Testers
317 posts
4,070 battles

I was hoping to be given the new 6 but alas grinding ohama time

• Funny 1

[AWP]
Members
780 posts
2,950 battles
18 minutes ago, Toxic_Potato said:

I am in the same boat as OP. I thought that if u had US Cruiser Tier 6-9 researched, bought and with a Captain u got the new ships researched, bought and with a Captain. Tier 10 I knew u did not get a new ship.

25 minutes ago, strykerpsg said:

I think both of you misunderstood what was being discussed on forums. If you had the tier 6-9 of the CA line pre path, you would get the “new” CA line as well as the “old” CA line. This means you would get 2 of each of the ships in the CA line and if you had them in port, the current ships would be reimbursed with credits. So yes you would get the “new” CA line but not the new CL line. I guess I can see how that would be misunderstood. The only ship in the newly introduced line you will ever get is one in the currently in game line that is moved to the new line for future reference.

• Cool 1

[RKLES]
[RKLES]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
3,317 posts
11,420 battles
40 minutes ago, strykerpsg said:

In their history of line splits they have NEVER given out free ships of an entire line.

If you had existing ship and it was being moved, you got the new (moved) ship and the ship that filled the slot.

Since there are 4 new ships replacing no old ships, well... welcome to the grind.

Members
587 posts
1 hour ago, Belyy_Klyk said:

I think both of you misunderstood what was being discussed on forums. If you had the tier 6-9 of the CA line pre path, you would get the “new” CA line as well as the “old” CA line. This means you would get 2 of each of the ships in the CA line and if you had them in port, the current ships would be reimbursed with credits. So yes you would get the “new” CA line but not the new CL line. I guess I can see how that would be misunderstood. The only ship in the newly introduced line you will ever get is one in the currently in game line that is moved to the new line for future reference.

Did I already get these credits for the CA line?

[AWP]
Members
780 posts
2,950 battles
Just now, Toxic_Potato said:

Did I already get these credits for the CA line?

If you had the ships purchased and in port at the time of the split (the update the Cleveland moved) you would receive credits for what you had in port. So if you were in position to receive them, you already have them. I’m wanting to say you could get like 30+ million? I can’t remember how many I ended up with. But here is the link for details...

https://worldofwarships.com/en/news/common/american-cruisers/

[-OF-]
Members
55 posts
3,028 battles

This Should have been made clear by Wargaming themselves. Sure they never said you get the new ships, but they never said you wouldn't either, and for people who are going through the first time a line split has affected them, like me, I it's not surprising that some people thought that if they had all the ships from tier 6-10 they would get all the new ships to. After all, they did give the new Buffalo for free, and they gave away a bunch of credits and camos for free assuming you had the thing it replaced, so for people who don't have the time to read through the forums for all the details, not a surprising conclusion.

Either way, big woop, not really a huge deal, I felt disappointed for a whole 60 seconds, aw shuck, I guess I'll just have to play the game now oh no(sarcasm).

But still, it should have been made clear by wargaming.

• Cool 1
  • Funny 2

[TNG-D]
[TNG-D]
Members
346 posts
8,370 battles

169K + about 300K = More then most people have. :P 

Real answer: almost 500K free xp.

• Cool 1

[TNG-D]
[TNG-D]
Members
346 posts
8,370 battles
2 hours ago, waterman165 said:

This Should have been made clear by Wargaming themselves. Sure they never said you get the new ships, but they never said you wouldn't either, and for people who are going through the first time a line split has affected them, like me, I it's not surprising that some people thought that if they had all the ships from tier 6-10 they would get all the new ships to. After all, they did give the new Buffalo for free, and they gave away a bunch of credits and camos for free assuming you had the thing it replaced, so for people who don't have the time to read through the forums for all the details, not a surprising conclusion.

Either way, big woop, not really a huge deal, I felt disappointed for a whole 60 seconds, aw shuck, I guess I'll just have to play the game now oh no(sarcasm).

But still, it should have been made clear by wargaming.

Eh WG put articles on their website that detailed exactly what you got for having which ships in port. Nowhere ever did it say you would magically get a Seattle, Helena, Worcester or Dallas for having the heavy line ships. Reading comprehension OP i guess.

• Bad 1

[TNG-D]
[TNG-D]
Members
346 posts
8,370 battles
7 hours ago, strykerpsg said:

but it was mentioned that if you had researched tier 1-10 and had purchased the premium camo, you would most likely receive the new tech tree line VI-X as well.

This was said by no one at WG and if you heard this from some third party source i recommend you unfriend them right now. lol They leading you down the path of stupidity.

[TNG-D]
[TNG-D]
Members
346 posts
8,370 battles
7 hours ago, Toxic_Potato said:

You did.... last patch.... you got the replacement ships of THOSE ships. Your not getting free ships from a completely different line.

Members
30 posts
5,954 battles

OMG this new american cruisers are such nonsense!!!!! I agree with the guy who started this post, I assumed and though that if you grinded all the OLD amercian crusiers would be get their replacements same?  Thats not the case you have to grind the old ships all over again to get XP to be able to research these ships???  WTH is that???  WHo in their right mind would want to grind more American cruisers starting with basic builds and no capts to boot?  Who is the moron that though this up??  Its bad enough i dont have much time to play this game now they want me to grind these ships from STRATCH?  Im sorry just another reason for me to start looking for another game to play , anyone have any suggestions??? Im open...

• Bad 2

Members
30 posts
5,954 battles
50 minutes ago, MackDye said:

Reading comprehension boys. Go to Walmart and get some. Its next to the Elbow Grease. It cures all of life's problems. Its the miracle tonic. Why would WG just give players light cruisers for having heavy cruisers in port?? You were hoping WG would just give you free things and that didn't happen so now your "mad". Support ticket wont help you here. Good luck with life mate.

8 hours ago, strykerpsg said:

Ok, I am certainly a bit confused. I ground through tiers 6-10 in the former US cruiser line, pre- 0.7.4. I purchased them all, left them in the port and even bought premium camo. Then 0.7.5 dropped, I got the new heavy line and Cleveland moved to tier VIII in the CL line. Today, 0.7.6 dropped and I have to burn my free XP to research and purchase the new line? wth? I missed the pre-release notes discussing one needed to research the entire new line and purchase it, sans the Cleveland? I am just beyond disappointed and pissed off. 

Can someone tell me I am mistaken, that I did read everything correctly prior to release and all I need to do is drop a support ticket to rectify the issue?

Dont feel bad i was under the same impression, totally insane.... who the hell has all this time to regrind ships ??  Its like a sick and disturbed "do over" for the people who just grinded all the amercian cruisers.  

• Funny 1

[RNG]
Beta Testers
90 posts
3,119 battles
12 minutes ago, Philipinessea said:

OMG this new american cruisers are such nonsense!!!!! I agree with the guy who started this post, I assumed and though that if you grinded all the OLD amercian crusiers would be get their replacements same?  Thats not the case you have to grind the old ships all over again to get XP to be able to research these ships???  WTH is that???  WHo in their right mind would want to grind more American cruisers starting with basic builds and no capts to boot?  Who is the moron that though this up??  Its bad enough i dont have much time to play this game now they want me to grind these ships from STRATCH?  Im sorry just another reason for me to start looking for another game to play , anyone have any suggestions??? Im open...

Why would you need to start over? You should have a tier 8 cleveland if you already ground the old line. You start there and only have to grind tier 9/10... This is how it has been for EVERY line split WG has done, they have never given you the whole line just for having the old line.

[NAVY]
Members
999 posts
3,720 battles
6 minutes ago, Philipinessea said:

You have got it all wrong. What did you base your assumption on?

I'm not trying to be a jack hat, but instead of calling WG morons and flaming other posters, perhaps you have simply taken just a few minutes to read the news release from WG about the US cruiser line split or any of the numerous threads on the subject in the forum over the last 3 months ... or watched any number of YouTube video clips from the Community Contributors, you would know that the reimbursement applied to the heavy cruiser line and happened in 0.7.5. Not the new light cruisers in 0.7.6.

So no. You do not have to start over either, but you do have to either use 43,000 free XP or grind out 43,000 standard XP on the tier 5 Omaha if you want the tier 6 Dallas and then work your way towards the tier 7 Helena. Or, if you don't want to do that, you can just work towards the tier 9 Seattle from the tier 8 Cleveland. Your choice.

And while I wasn't 100% happy with how WG handled the US cruiser line split, specifically commanders, I was happy with how generous they were with the reimbursement of ships and premium camo. So, you were also already reimbursed and should have got a bunch of "free stuff" in 0.7.5 for the US heavy cruisers and a free tier 8 light cruiser depending on which ships you owned and had in port at the time of the update went live. Here are the details.

https://worldofwarships.com/en/news/common/american-cruisers/

Here are further news articles from the last 2 months from WG:

https://worldofwarships.com/en/news/common/us-cruisers-changes/

https://worldofwarships.com/en/news/common/dev-diaries-usa-arc/

https://worldofwarships.com/en/news/common/bulletin-076/

https://worldofwarships.com/en/news/common/dev-diaries-076/

https://worldofwarships.com/en/news/common/update-076-night-battle/

And just a few of the numerous forum threads on the subject:

• Cool 1

[SWNG]
Beta Testers
77 posts
3,481 battles

All, thanks for the replies. No need to take this into a downward spiral of attacks, though I get it, some people are just wired that way.

I should have indeed read the forums daily (insert sarcasm emoji here, though I do read some specific threads) and release notes before making a brash statement such as I have posted. I do indeed follow the community contributor videos avidly and perhaps, I just selected what I needed to hear versus what was actually being said. Thanks for the feedback. As stated, I will grind the tiers 9 and 10, since they have more appeal to me.

[SYN]
Members
504 posts
5,948 battles
4 hours ago, Philipinessea said:

I assumed and though that if you grinded all the OLD amercian crusiers would be get their replacements same?  Thats not the case you have to grind ...

You did get the replacements.  The CL line are new,  not a replacement (aside from Cleveland)

4 hours ago, Philipinessea said:

all this time to regrind ships ?? 

No one had an opportunity to grind CL's the first time.