You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Uncle_Lou

Suggestion: Make 'won' Premium Time activate when I choose

20 comments in this topic

[WOLF9]
Members
244 posts
3,727 battles

Got 7 days of Premium Time in a Halsey campaign SC tonight and was thinking it sure would be nice if I could choose when that 7 days starts.  I am rarely ever sure how much play time I will have over a stretch of 2-3 days, nevermind 7.  I sure as heck don't mind winning premium time, don't get me wrong.  I just wish I could kind of 'plan ahead', as it were.

Agree/disagree?  Other thoughts?

• Cool 4

[LRM]
Supertester
550 posts
5,050 battles

Agree with first poster and with Avenge, which is why it won't happen even though it would be nice.

[WOLF9]
Members
244 posts
3,727 battles
7 minutes ago, Avenge_December_7 said:

I agree that it's a good idea, but unfortunately it's not good for WG's bottom line.

Hadn't really thought about that aspect, but I'm not sure how much it would impact sales.  How often is Premium Time handed out?  Seems relatively rare, but maybe I'm missing something; and it doesn't really do you any good unless you use it.  But, you are probably right.  Shame really.

[-WPG-]
Members
734 posts
3,145 battles
28 minutes ago, Uncle_Lou said:

Hadn't really thought about that aspect, but I'm not sure how much it would impact sales.  How often is Premium Time handed out?  Seems relatively rare, but maybe I'm missing something; and it doesn't really do you any good unless you use it.  But, you are probably right.  Shame really.

It's sort of a "the first one's free" strategy to get you hooked, once you see how much more xp and credits you earn under premium time.  It sort of worked for me.   I spent the money on the Steam bundles, getting all the doubloons from duplicates.  I had just gotten 14 days premium from the first campaign and a SC.  I ended up spending most of them on two 30 day premium time and the Sharnhorst. 

[FOXEH]
Beta Testers
8,780 posts
14,841 battles
56 minutes ago, Uncle_Lou said:

48 minutes ago, capncrunch21 said:

Yep. I'd love to see this.

47 minutes ago, Avenge_December_7 said:

I agree that it's a good idea, but unfortunately it's not good for WG's bottom line.

44 minutes ago, DonKarnage2 said:

Agree with first poster and with Avenge, which is why it won't happen even though it would be nice.

All these posters have excellent points, but the most important one is that it would cost WoW $, so it won't happen.

[TF_34]
[TF_34]
Beta Testers
1,027 posts
3,845 battles

Agreed. I have lost out on a crapton of premium time because RL is a fickle mistress.

Community Department
2,018 posts
500 battles
2 hours ago, Uncle_Lou said:

Got 7 days of Premium Time in a Halsey campaign SC tonight and was thinking it sure would be nice if I could choose when that 7 days starts.  I am rarely ever sure how much play time I will have over a stretch of 2-3 days, nevermind 7.  I sure as heck don't mind winning premium time, don't get me wrong.  I just wish I could kind of 'plan ahead', as it were.

It's highly unlikely to see such functionality implemented because in some moments it goes against FTP model. The specified start time premium is an option of premium shop or ingame purchase. 
You know that there is a possibility to have some premium from SC, so simply don't open it till the appropriate time. 

[SIDE]
Members
1,204 posts
8,657 battles

Covered in older posts. Simply won't happen; it's too good of a revenue stream for WG.

It's like those deals for gyms. Pay $10 for a month. You think to yourself, not a bad deal. You're serious about it for a couple of weeks or so, then you slack off, and you go a couple times a week, then it's twice a month and pretty soon that contract for a year doesn't seem like it was that good a deal after all. But whether you go or not, that gym has that income.

Same deal here, whether you play every day or rarely and have a year of premium like I currently have, the clock still ticks. Do I like it? No...but it's not gonna change.

Edited by _Rumple_
  • Cool 1

[LEGIT]
Members
53 posts
17,301 battles

How about a compromise less than 7 days won premium time player picks when it starts, with some protection for WG's end as in no stacking (aka a cool down between uses) and maybe a secondary protection for WG if not used with in X time frame its starts on its own or is forfeit  (keeps the store bought time viable and valuable)  ;)  

[WOLF9]
Members
244 posts
3,727 battles
6 hours ago, turbo07 said:

It's highly unlikely to see such functionality implemented because in some moments it goes against FTP model. The specified start time premium is an option of premium shop or ingame purchase. 
You know that there is a possibility to have some premium from SC, so simply don't open it till the appropriate time. 

Well... It never hurts to ask, right?  :)

• Cool 1

[WOLF5]
Alpha Tester, In AlfaTesters, Beta Testers
2,255 posts
24,743 battles

this is the main reason I don't open a SC right away.  I'll wait until a good time in case it contains Premium time.

[OPGS]
Beta Testers
3,207 posts
5,662 battles
7 hours ago, turbo07 said:

@turbo07 Again I think this is a blunder for Wargaming....the reason this is not available is because Wargaming is trying to squeeze every dollar out of the player base. Having policies in place that generate goodwill between the customer and Wargaming  and increases player longevity will earn more money for Wargaming over the long run compared to short term gains. It seems that Wargaming has a burn them and turn them business model. Meaning get a new player, soak them for everything you can till they leave, get new player. 

A good example would be I bought a lot of Christmas crates two years ago. I won almost 8 months of premium time but had a back injury which required surgery. I missed a year of playing the game because of rehab. All that premium time was gone. My response as a customer is  I will NEVER buy another crate.....EVER. If I would have had the ability to suspend my account while I was rehabbing the good will generated from the feeling that Wargaming supports their players instead of exploiting them, I would be buying crates every payday.

Don't get me wrong, I love this game and I get a lot of entertainment out of it. However, your business model is predatory in nature and treats the customer as a cash asset that needs to be mined, nothing more. 

[NMKJT]
Beta Testers
21,196 posts
3,871 battles
8 hours ago, turbo07 said:

There are plenty of FTP games that have similar timer-style things which only count down when you're logged in.

One example would be the 8-hour Experience gain booster in TERA. Whose timer only counts down when you are signed in, and pauses when you log out.

Having premium time continue to count down when you're not using it doesn't create a good feeling on the end user side.

Edited by KiyoSenkan
  • Cool 1

[WOLF9]
Members
244 posts
3,727 battles
5 hours ago, KiyoSenkan said:

There are plenty of FTP games that have similar timer-style things which only count down when you're logged in.

One example would be the 8-hour Experience gain booster in TERA. Whose timer only counts down when you are signed in, and pauses when you log out.

Having premium time continue to count down when you're not using it doesn't create a good feeling on the end user side.

That would be an acceptable compromise - having Premium time only tick down while logged in.  Good thought.  Too bad it will also likely never happen...

Community Department
2,018 posts
500 battles
16 hours ago, Uncle_Lou said:

Well... It never hurts to ask, right?  :)

You are 100% right.

14 hours ago, KiyoSenkan said:

Inapplicable for our game. Our model takes into account that players who use premium do not have to battle all the time he logged in, even if it's a small part of a day. If we have another options we would need some changes in prices. Hope we'll not see them. I don't think it's a good feeling to count down time you are in game for example styding ships, chatting, changing modernisations, etc. Looks like stressful situation. 

[PSP]
Members
6,041 posts
8,583 battles

Yawn. I'm sleepy but have stayed up all night taking advantage of my 5-star scenario premium time. I need to get some credits built up in order to move up the USN CL line.

[NATO]
Beta Testers
1,767 posts
5,806 battles

This has been asked for many times since WoT was released.

Seriously, it wouldnt be hard to have some limited options when awarded Prem Time begins, Prem time that is given by WG for tech problems wouldnt be affected. For sure we cannot have a Prem time clock that ticks away only when logged in, but it would be a nice bonus if those who purchase a 1 year subscription had the option to suspend the 'clock' for 2 weeks (two 7 day breaks) so that the Prem time clock isnt ticking while the player is away on vacation.

Option 1: Prem time starts ticking now

Option 2: Prem time starts ticking the next time you log onto a WG title.

Options are always a good thing, even if all the options arent perfect. Kinda like voting in an election, you might think all the candidates are [edited] but at least you get a choice.

[WOLF9]
Members
244 posts
3,727 battles

I would even be ok if purchased Premium time started immediately but awarded time had options.  If you are purchasing Premium time, I would hope that you plan to play while it is active.  Awarded time is very difficult to predict... Ah well.  I don't want to look a gift horse in the mouth.  Options would be very welcome though.

• Cool 1