Jump to content
You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
BBsquid

A question on clans and clan management

17 comments in this topic

Recommended Posts

305
[TF_34]
[TF_34]
Beta Testers
1,027 posts
3,845 battles

Okay...this may have been addressed and if so, my apologies. Searching forums on my phone is a skill level 5 and alas...I am only at skill level 2. Apologies in advance if needed.

So..clans. Have they discussed/are there plans to add depth to the clan roles? At present there are only 4 positions, and there is very little difference between the commander and deputy commander roles.

More importantly...is there any plan to add clan banks? I am sitting on a grotesque surplus of credits that I will likely never use (I have the ships I want, and of the 85+ in port I only have the freedom and time to play about 6). Conversely, I have several clan mates that are credit challenged and are having difficulty buying/fitting out ships they have finished the grind for. 

It would be nice to be able to transfer credits between those in your clan to help your mates advance. Thoughts?

TIA!

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,824
[ARRGG]
[ARRGG]
Members
5,770 posts

No word on this but it has been suggested. Some say not only no but hell no... Others say it should be a Clan Bank for both exp and credits. I am of the latter.

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
81
[FARQD]
Members
305 posts
5,881 battles

Why would they want to allow something being a part of base economy/grind to be transferred between players and losing a possible source of income?

Edited by sansfaille
  • Cool 1
  • Boring 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
305
[TF_34]
[TF_34]
Beta Testers
1,027 posts
3,845 battles
1 hour ago, sansfaille said:

Why would they want to allow something being a part of base economy/grind to be transferred between players and losing a possible source of income?

Okay..bear with m,e on this..honest question.

If I never buy anything, no PT, no ships, no loot boxes...nothing...how does that affect WG? Now, if this was like WOW with a player auction house and we got drops for frags we could sell within the player base, I can see an economy. In WoWS...Im not seeing it.

Maybe Im being a bit dense but the in-game credits that are earned and spent don't impact WG in anyway, do they? or am I really missing something?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
81
[FARQD]
Members
305 posts
5,881 battles
1 minute ago, BBsquid said:

Okay..bear with m,e on this..honest question.

If I never buy anything, no PT, no ships, no loot boxes...nothing...how does that affect WG? Now, if this was like WOW with a player auction house and we got drops for frags we could sell within the player base, I can see an economy. In WoWS...Im not seeing it.

Maybe Im being a bit dense but the in-game credits that are earned and spent don't impact WG in anyway, do they? or am I really missing something?

Well I was referring to your OP where you wanted an option to transfer credits among players/clan mates. I used to play on the EU server before I started here and didn't spend a dime. But it was really challenging to grind credits to afford new ships the same way as your clan mates and it was a very arduous task. When I switched to NA server I decided to get premium time and ships because I knew the pain of going through that grind. So if someone had transferred me credits maybe I could have done without any in-game purchases. I am sure many have done that for free but I couldn't do it so my purchases got WG the money :)

I like the idea of an auction house if people could sell the flags, camos, special modules but in the end people with big bucks would buy them. Again the problem is WG would suffer because of new players getting huge credits from such auctions and not having to be frustrated about the credit grind. 

  • Cool 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
305
[TF_34]
[TF_34]
Beta Testers
1,027 posts
3,845 battles
1 hour ago, sansfaille said:

Well I was referring to your OP where you wanted an option to transfer credits among players/clan mates. I used to play on the EU server before I started here and didn't spend a dime. But it was really challenging to grind credits to afford new ships the same way as your clan mates and it was a very arduous task. When I switched to NA server I decided to get premium time and ships because I knew the pain of going through that grind. So if someone had transferred me credits maybe I could have done without any in-game purchases. I am sure many have done that for free but I couldn't do it so my purchases got WG the money :)

I like the idea of an auction house if people could sell the flags, camos, special modules but in the end people with big bucks would buy them. Again the problem is WG would suffer because of new players getting huge credits from such auctions and not having to be frustrated about the credit grind. 

That actually makes sense and lays out exactly why WG will likely never do it. Thanks for that perspective!

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
585
[ARRGG]
Members
4,674 posts
7,503 battles
2 hours ago, BBsquid said:

Okay..bear with m,e on this..honest question.

If I never buy anything, no PT, no ships, no loot boxes...nothing...how does that affect WG? Now, if this was like WOW with a player auction house and we got drops for frags we could sell within the player base, I can see an economy. In WoWS...Im not seeing it.

Maybe Im being a bit dense but the in-game credits that are earned and spent don't impact WG in anyway, do they? or am I really missing something?

What your missing is the big picture, for you personally it matters not to Wows,but if you put your idea to work in Thousands and thousands of players then it costs Wows money

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
405
[CUTER]
Members
676 posts
18,539 battles
4 minutes ago, HMCS_Devilfish said:

What your missing is the big picture, for you personally it matters not to Wows,but if you put your idea to work in Thousands and thousands of players then it costs Wows money

Yep, they sell credits in their shops to help players speed through grinding the necessary credits.  I know when I was newer I spent money on them...because I did not want to play a stock hull ship.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
305
[TF_34]
[TF_34]
Beta Testers
1,027 posts
3,845 battles
4 minutes ago, HMCS_Devilfish said:

What your missing is the big picture, for you personally it matters not to Wows,but if you put your idea to work in Thousands and thousands of players then it costs Wows money

Yeah.  I was thinking small picture. Even a few hundred players piggy-backing off clan mates and avoiding any monetary investment would have an impact.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,954
[PVE]
Members
8,856 posts
7,257 battles
3 hours ago, BBsquid said:

Okay...this may have been addressed and if so, my apologies. Searching forums on my phone is a skill level 5 and alas...I am only at skill level 2. Apologies in advance if needed.

So..clans. Have they discussed/are there plans to add depth to the clan roles? At present there are only 4 positions, and there is very little difference between the commander and deputy commander roles.

 WG has mentioned a builder position, but has not implemented it yet.

 

A Fleet Cmdr position has been proposed for those that want to play in Clan Battles, so that they can host a team. This would be more for casual clans than serious clans I think.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
440
[4HIM]
Members
1,703 posts
3,886 battles

If you had one or two players in the clan that had a MO Money and premium time, they could just go grind credits.  The rest wouldn't then need to buy premium time.  So a clan bank would be a net loss for WG.  If WG could monetize it, they'd do it in a heartbeat.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
102
[-K-]
[-K-]
Members
579 posts
4,554 battles

Yeah a clan bank for other players just helps them to much IMHO and getting other players up the tree.

Less grind from a WG perspective, less premiums and flags. I don't think the credits would be a good option for that at all.

Personally for new infrastructure id like to see some sort of resources.

i.e. Munitions factory, can manufacture x5 flags (fire ones for example) to stock in the clan for anyone to buy with coal/credits? the manufacture would take resources, tungsten, aluminium or something along those lines. More play, more grind, more options.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
305
[TF_34]
[TF_34]
Beta Testers
1,027 posts
3,845 battles
4 minutes ago, Kizarvexis said:

 WG has mentioned a builder position, but has not implemented it yet.

 

A Fleet Cmdr position has been proposed for those that want to play in Clan Battles, so that they can host a team. This would be more for casual clans than serious clans I think.

Thanks Kiz...good to know. Potentially interesting. Curious to know what the builder would do

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
81
[FARQD]
Members
305 posts
5,881 battles
4 minutes ago, _greifer said:

Yeah a clan bank for other players just helps them to much IMHO and getting other players up the tree.

Less grind from a WG perspective, less premiums and flags. I don't think the credits would be a good option for that at all.

Personally for new infrastructure id like to see some sort of resources.

i.e. Munitions factory, can manufacture x5 flags (fire ones for example) to stock in the clan for anyone to buy with coal/credits? the manufacture would take resources, tungsten, aluminium or something along those lines. More play, more grind, more options.

This would be nice a idea to implement taking cues from many mobile games. The clan  factories manufactures stuff and sets how many each of the member can buy them but the clan members would have to spend something worthy to get them so WG doesn't lose out on money. Coal, steel, free xp can be the currencies for the purchases.

But this would complicate the game more but would provide more options to the players.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,954
[PVE]
Members
8,856 posts
7,257 battles
4 minutes ago, BBsquid said:

Thanks Kiz...good to know. Potentially interesting. Curious to know what the builder would do

As far as the name implies, probably only build the clan buildings. :) Recruiters can only recruit. Besides someone to host Clan Battles, I can't think of any other positions that would be needed with how sparse bases are right now.

 

18 minutes ago, _greifer said:

Yeah a clan bank for other players just helps them to much IMHO and getting other players up the tree.

Less grind from a WG perspective, less premiums and flags. I don't think the credits would be a good option for that at all.

Personally for new infrastructure id like to see some sort of resources.

i.e. Munitions factory, can manufacture x5 flags (fire ones for example) to stock in the clan for anyone to buy with coal/credits? the manufacture would take resources, tungsten, aluminium or something along those lines. More play, more grind, more options.

11 minutes ago, sansfaille said:

This would be nice a idea to implement taking cues from many mobile games. The clan  factories manufactures stuff and sets how many each of the member can buy them but the clan members would have to spend something worthy to get them so WG doesn't lose out on money. Coal, steel, free xp can be the currencies for the purchases.

But this would complicate the game more but would provide more options to the players.

 

Well the Arsenal that is coming with this mornings patch, sells camo, signal, special upgrades and ships for coal and steel. So we already have a munitions factory in game.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
292
[SIDE]
Members
1,204 posts
8,657 battles

WG wants players to hit that convert doubloons to credits button, which incidentally is a very bad idea, but if a player desperately wants a ship or module, that option is there. It's a viable income generator for WG. Having someone with loads of credits unloading them on others isn't going to happen. I'm not against it; just explaining why it won't happen.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
48
[USCG]
Members
177 posts
12,686 battles

I was a non-premium account player till I reached tier 7 on most ships. From there I was hooked and purchased premium time to help with income. Key word there is, “Purchased.” WGing is a business that needs/wants to make money.  I look at WGing as a digital drug dealer. They get you hooked with a free sample and if you like their product you open your wallet (or purse) to get more.  Good thing the Christmas crates only go on sale once a year or I’d be living in a dumpster...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×