You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
luckyhoho

so the chests opened without been in a clan doesn't count ????

60 comments in this topic

[-DOG-]
Members
182 posts
3,057 battles

Correct.  You don't get oil if you are not in a clan.  I can see a complaint there but I doubt they will hear it.

[DENY]
Members
288 posts
4,368 battles

It not like it very hard to get in a casual clan you know !

[LEGIT]
[LEGIT]
Members
400 posts
6,164 battles

[WOLF] Lone Wolf ( or Wolves ) is a clan for solo players that dont want to get tied with clan stuff ( Clan wars etc) and teaming up with clan mates but want to obtain clan benefits (discounts , collect oil etc.)

Edited by KAGA_kaini
  • Cool 1

[BBC]
Members
908 posts
12,233 battles

you have gotten personal oil since they introduced it all of it is converted into coal on patch day.   u lose nothing and get a bunch of coal.

if your not in a clan  OIL will have no use after the patch for you. 

Edited by Rilak

[FOXEH]
Beta Testers
8,780 posts
14,815 battles

Out of curiosity, where do your oil and steel resources show up?

[ARRGG]
[ARRGG]
Members
5,770 posts

Its all about your choices in game and what you want to get out of it.

Choose not to join a clan lose all Clan privileges.

Casual Clans exist in WoWs no requirements necessary.

Members
956 posts
11,153 battles
1 hour ago, Umikami said:

Out of curiosity, where do your oil and steel resources show up?

They don't yet.  Unless you have been in the same clan the whole time then you can see your total oil.

I assume once the arsenal goes live you can see your totals.

[WLDD]
Beta Testers
318 posts
4,894 battles
2 hours ago, Ducky_shot said:

This has been noted publicly since they first told us about oil and clan bases, etc.... in September of 2017...

image.thumb.png.ce6cc5e35261e1e906c5421d54949858.png

https://worldofwarships.com/en/news/common/bases-for-success/

The issue is, at no point back then did they say "Oh, by the way, we're going to retroactively award you with a new currency based on how much oil you've earned between now and then."  The way they worded it makes it look like oil itself can be used for different things, not that a new currency will be given based on oil.

• Bad 1

[O7]
Members
4,921 posts
8,751 battles
1 hour ago, Deno said:

The issue is, at no point back then did they say "Oh, by the way, we're going to retroactively award you with a new currency based on how much oil you've earned between now and then."  The way they worded it makes it look like oil itself can be used for different things, not that a new currency will be given based on oil.

So if you didn't participate in clans, then what makes you think you deserve a clan reward? It's retroactive for people who earned OIL. You didn't earn any oil, so you also earned no coal. Tough.

• Angry 1

[FARQD]
Members
305 posts
5,881 battles
1 hour ago, Deno said:

If they still kept oil as a currency would it change anything for you at all? They said you can spend the oil on various things in the future and now they have implemented it. 

• Funny 1

[PVE]
Members
8,819 posts
7,254 battles
4 hours ago, Rilak said:

you have gotten personal oil since they introduced it all of it is converted into coal on patch day.   u lose nothing and get a bunch of coal.

if your not in a clan  OIL will have no use after the patch for you. 

You only earn oil while being in a clan. If you are not in a clan, you do not earn oil.

1 hour ago, Deno said:

WG announced that there would be a personal oil wallet that you could use in the future to buy purchase game items, when oil was introduced in Sep 2017. That was one of the two biggest reasons that casual clans like PVE, the lone Wolf clans and many, many others started. Even though your oil won't be turned into coal after 7.6, joining or starting a casual clan still has benefits. You get bonuses based on the buildings that your clan has like, -10% service cost, +3% XP, -10% silver purchase cost. There has been talk of other bonuses, but nothing definite yet.

Now coal is replacing the personal oil wallet and everyone can earn coal. So this is actually better for you than the original plan if you don't want to join a clan.

[ARGSY]
Members
5,722 posts
3,912 battles

Reading is so OP. So is asking, it appears.

The end result of failing to do both is equivalent to someone who turns up five minutes after the end of year exams, never knowing until then that he had to pass them.

[ARGSY]
Beta Testers
64 posts
8,384 battles

Suddenly i am sooooo glad that i formed my clan the first day clans were made available. Sure for half a year it was just me and one other RL friend, because neither of us were really interested in clan battles and stuff, but this has ended up working out well for both of us. :D

[YORHA]
Members
3,243 posts

Has anyone who was in a clan, earned some oil and then left that clan, received any "coal" for the time they were in the clan?

Asking for a friend.

Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
1,044 posts
8,214 battles
6 hours ago, monpetitloup said:

Anyone can join a clan. Some chose not to.

I hate that clan tags proceed names; I’ve always politely declined the several invitations I’ve received; I simply choose not to join any group.

Eh R.I.P. no Stalingrad for me. Shame, but oh well.

Community Department
2,011 posts
500 battles
7 hours ago, luckyhoho said:

what a shame

2 minutes ago, KSN said:

I hate that clan tags proceed names; I’ve always politely declined the several invitations I’ve received; I simply choose not to join any group.

Not a shame since everyone has the same possibility. Being a member of clan is not an obligatory to take part in clan battles. In some clans you don't need even to comunicate if you don't want to. 

[PVE]
Members
8,819 posts
7,254 battles
2 minutes ago, JCC45 said:

Has anyone who was in a clan, earned some oil and then left that clan, received any "coal" for the time they were in the clan?

Asking for a friend.

You are supposed to. I'm not sure if many people wrote down what they had earned before leaving a clan.  I know a few forum people have some close guesses as to what they earned in old clans.

I have only been in PVE since oil started as I started the PVE clan the day before oil dropped. I had 8,850 oil before the patch dropped. That should have been 44,250 coal. I received 43,500 coal. @Pigeon_of_War, @Gneisenau013, @Radar_X, @turbo07, @sea_you, would you ask why the oil and coal don't quite match up please?

1 minute ago, KSN said:

Stalingrad is only earnable with steel. You can not convert coal to steel, so coal doesn't help you get Stalingrad.

Steel will be in super containers and in missions in clan battles. So you don't have to be a top clan to get steel. In the future, WG has said that steel will be in other battle modes, but no details yet.

[VW]
Members
1,821 posts
12,266 battles
8 minutes ago, KSN said:

you can make your own clan and name it after yourself. unless of course it already exists, in that case you can join them maybe?:Smile_Default:

[PVE]
Members
8,819 posts
7,254 battles
5 minutes ago, monpetitloup said:

you can make your own clan and name it after yourself. unless of course it already exists, in that case you can join them maybe?:Smile_Default:

[KSN]KSN looks pretty nice. It's available as a name as well.

BLOps82.jpg

[FARQD]
Members
305 posts
5,881 battles
7 minutes ago, Kizarvexis said:

I have only been in PVE since oil started as I started the PVE clan the day before oil dropped. I had 8,850 oil before the patch dropped. That should have been 44,250 coal. I received 43,500 coal. @Pigeon_of_War, @Gneisenau013, @Radar_X, @turbo07, @sea_you, would you ask why the oil and coal don't quite match up please?

Even I  received less than what I had calculated but seems they did have some cut off day after which the oil was not taken into account.  13700 oil before they dropped coal yesterday should have got me 68500 coal but  received only 68k. 

Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
1,044 posts
8,214 battles
5 minutes ago, turbo07 said:

Not a shame since everyone has the same possibility. Being a member of clan is not an obligatory to take part in clan battles. In some clans you don't need even to comunicate if you don't want to. 

Idk about wat the other guy meant... I was saying shame for me.

I personally have no qualms that coal be linked to clan participation.

I just have no personal interest in having my stats vetted; politics and drama; or in active groups (kinda defeats the point imo).

What I do approve of @turbo07 is opening the Stalingrad up to all players; props to WGing for doing that he right thing.

Nooe I’m happy being an outlier, flying my CBT flag.

(PS Germans need a dual cosmetic flag unlock too please)