You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
gonowgetdown

Did they nerf the Montana's dispersion?

32 comments in this topic

[PRSR-]
Members
171 posts
6,090 battles

All,

For the last week or so, I've felt out of place in my montana. It's my most played battle ship so I have particular familiarity with it - especially the tight dispersion of the shells. However, the last week or so, the groupings have felt much looser. So much so, that I double checked to make sure my dispersion mod was on - which it was. 

Anything gives here? Or is it just in my head / RNG? 

Members
918 posts
2,449 battles
20 minutes ago, gonowgetdown said:

All,

For the last week or so, I've felt out of place in my montana. It's my most played battle ship so I have particular familiarity with it - especially the tight dispersion of the shells. However, the last week or so, the groupings have felt much looser. So much so, that I double checked to make sure my dispersion mod was on - which it was. 

This reminds me of the Mighty Mo dispersion thread.

:Smile_child:

Edited by xalmgrey
  • Funny 1

[PRSR-]
Members
171 posts
6,090 battles
5 minutes ago, xalmgrey said:

Useless response no. 1

• Bad 3

[WOLF1]
Members
1,984 posts

well, it's all up to WG, if they choose to secret nerf (like they nerf the super container's chance), you can't do much nor can you know for sure about it, lol

Members
918 posts
2,449 battles
1 minute ago, gonowgetdown said:

Useless response no. 1

The thread is useless conjecture. There's so many of these that its hard to take serious.

[PRSR-]
Members
171 posts
6,090 battles
Just now, xalmgrey said:

The thread is useless conjecture. There's so many of these that its hard to take serious.

Really? By all means, do tell...

[PNG]
Supertester
5,655 posts
6,455 battles

Dispersion changes would usually be published, and honestly, I don't recall the last time a ship's dispersion was changed once it was actually fully released.

Members
918 posts
2,449 battles
2 minutes ago, gonowgetdown said:

Really? By all means, do tell...

If there had been a nerf like this it would have been published. More like your aim was off. Crappy days happen

Members
974 posts
1,871 battles

make a post asking a question

someone replies with a anwer you don't like

instead of being reasonable you get salty

welp this should be fun

[RCB4]
[RCB4]
Beta Testers
442 posts

i would say no

i.just got.mine a couple weeks ago and i didnt notice any change

i.love those 12guns broadside

[E-E]
[E-E]
Members
15,587 posts
14,010 battles
35 minutes ago, gonowgetdown said:

Useless response no. 1

It's 100% correct.  Because there were morons there that swore up and down WG did something to Missouri's guns.

• Cool 1
  • Bad 1

[WAIFU]
Beta Testers
1,849 posts
3,518 battles
2 hours ago, xalmgrey said:

Oh yes...

That being said no OP the Montana is the same. Nothing has changed. Just like the MO was never changed. Even if both deserve it.

[WAIFU]
Beta Testers
1,849 posts
3,518 battles
2 hours ago, Happy668 said:

well, it's all up to WG, if they choose to secret nerf (like they nerf the super container's chance), you can't do much nor can you know for sure about it, lol

Answer me this. Supposing WG do want to stealth Nerf the Montana Because it 100% deserves it. How did they manage to do it without updating the servers, because those have to go down for a server side change? How long do you think it would be before someone data mines the game and finds out its changed? Why would you do it secretly, why not just announce the Nerf in the patch notes just like the Hindenburg in this patch for example? 

WG have no reason to stealth Nerf a silver ship. They can't just make that change without a patch, which I have not noticed. Even if they did the data miners would pick it up and post it. But then I'm back around to why would they bother? Just say the ship was stupid and so therefore it's combat effectiveness was excessive. It happens all the time.

Honestly this thread just needs to be locked and killed. It's pointless.

[PVE]
[PVE]
Beta Testers
1,554 posts
3,734 battles
3 hours ago, gonowgetdown said:

All,

Give it another week.

[ARRSE]
Members
29 posts
1,017 battles
28 minutes ago, Hanger_18 said:

Answer me this. Supposing WG do want to stealth Nerf the Montana Because it 100% deserves it. How did they manage to do it without updating the servers, because those have to go down for a server side change? How long do you think it would be before someone data mines the game and finds out its changed? Why would you do it secretly, why not just announce the Nerf in the patch notes just like the Hindenburg in this patch for example? 

WG have no reason to stealth Nerf a silver ship. They can't just make that change without a patch, which I have not noticed. Even if they did the data miners would pick it up and post it. But then I'm back around to why would they bother? Just say the ship was stupid and so therefore it's combat effectiveness was excessive. It happens all the time.

Honestly this thread just needs to be locked and killed. It's pointless.

Can you data mine the actual servers?

Presumably if WG want to make certain changes, its not necessarily a matter of patching clients. I imagine that there are a whole raft of game management tools built into the system that they can tweak unobserved, if it so suits them.

WG does have previous form for making unannounced changes.

[PVE]
[PVE]
Members
5,361 posts
10,151 battles
4 hours ago, Compassghost said:

Dispersion changes would usually be published, and honestly, I don't recall the last time a ship's dispersion was changed once it was actually fully released.

Konig

Colorado

Edited by AdmiralThunder

[E-E]
[E-E]
Members
15,587 posts
14,010 battles
5 hours ago, Compassghost said:

Extremely rare for that to happen.

The last big one was the buff to USN BB accuracy at Tier VIII-X with 0.5.6 wayyyy back in May 2016.

This was the update that put NC, Iowa, Montana sigma to what we know them today.

Also, IIRC, Colorado's sigma was altered back in November or December 2017 when she got the HP buff.  Worse accuracy, I think.

These are the only ones that came to mind.  It's something WG doesn't normally touch post-release.  Incidentally, USN BBs used to be a lot more problematic and WG spent a long time tweaking them over the years.

• Cool 1

Members
821 posts
3,887 battles
6 hours ago, gonowgetdown said:

All,

For the last week or so, I've felt out of place in my montana. It's my most played battle ship so I have particular familiarity with it - especially the tight dispersion of the shells. However, the last week or so, the groupings have felt much looser. So much so, that I double checkeake sure my dispersion mod was on - which it was. 

Nah, they just nerfed YOUR dispersion. a.k.a. RNG,. Happens to me all the time.   Saw it yestiday in my Monarch, highly accurate ship , rounds hitting above and below the target every salvo. If it happens today I will be perturbed as well (or agin, might be better wording)

Edited by Strachwitz666

[RKN]
Members
1,424 posts
11,746 battles

You'll get no support from anyone OP, but FWIW - my missouri is borderline unplayable because the shells just go all over the place.

Montana is the same. I used to get clumps of shells that would hit a Khabarovsk at 16km.....but now, one shell might land in the same spot. My aim hasn't changed? My Missouri is just so sad.

[ONAVY]
[ONAVY]
Members
689 posts
6,093 battles

Nothing wrong with Monty in fact I am convinced it is the best all around BB in the game. I will go up against any other BB in the game with confidence.

[UEFN]
Members
386 posts
11,570 battles

it's the damn RNG!  last night my Yamato dispersion was worst than shotgun, i was trading shots with another Yamato bow in to each other within 4 to 5km, aiming at his front bow but all 3 salvos spread so far out, none landed on him! as if my gunner was drunk or he got invisible shield on, RNG can be extremely ridiculous.

Edited by Xcalib3r

[ECOM]
Members
955 posts
11,139 battles
On Wednesday, June 27, 2018 at 1:40 AM, Hanger_18 said:

Oh yes...

That being said no OP the Montana is the same. Nothing has changed. Just like the MO was never changed. Even if both deserve it.

Uh. Have you been living under a rock?..the MO was stealth nerfed in gun dispersion. Flammu put out a video on it, many defended it hadn't changed, then I believe the developers came it and admitted it and it was repatched to its original unnerfed condition after there was much uproar about it because of the time people used to buy it before it went off market forever. There were notes about it happening. 

Edited by Megrim3