Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
Churcher1

Spotting or attack plane for USS TEXAS

10 comments in this topic

[BB68]
Members
3 posts
681 battles

Since the Texas was the first ship to launch and carry a plane, why can't we have the option for a plane in the game? Give the Texas a bit more of an advantage?

• Cool 1

[ZIPPO]
Members
1,524 posts
3,515 battles
Just now, Churcher1 said:

Since the Texas was the first ship to launch and carry a plane, why can't we have the option for a plane in the game? Give the Texas a bit more of an advantage?

It doesn't really need help since it's one of the top T5 BBs, BUT to answer your question WG is working on it since several BB classes used turret mounted catapults. Soon™

• Bad 1

[FOXEH]
Beta Testers
8,780 posts
14,841 battles
1 hour ago, Psycodiver said:

It doesn't really need help since it's one of the top T5 BBs, BUT to answer your question WG is working on it since several BB classes used turret mounted catapults. Soon™

Wait for it; when the CV rework hits so will the AA rework and the new Texas might need a new gimmick.

[ANKER]
Members
229 posts
3,542 battles
On ‎6‎/‎27‎/‎2018 at 1:13 AM, Umikami said:

Wait for it; when the CV rework hits so will the AA rework and the new Texas might need a new gimmick.

No way. Texas doesn't need a new gimmick and frankly she'll only get more powerful. Reason? Having spotter plane means you can delete the Gunrange mod for 19km range and go AA-mod instead. Taking fighterplane (which will have to get reworked too) will further buff your AA capability. 
Because AA is her gimmick and frankly only the IJN-Haruna (my suggestion) would come close to being comparable at same tier. Both of these ships have AA on par with Tier 7/8 ships or better. As a result, WG would need to finely tune the rework so that Texas can properly use her gimmick. 

Oddly, in a recent devtalk they mentioned that one of their priorities was also in making playing CVs more 'exciting' and 'involving'. Right now it's click and drag chess board where some of the chess pieces can fight back though. I can only imagine how they'll accomplish that, other than make the action of performing a strike a little more complicated and visualized than Alt-click. 

[FOXEH]
Beta Testers
8,780 posts
14,841 battles
6 hours ago, Seniorious said:

No way. Texas doesn't need a new gimmick and frankly she'll only get more powerful. Reason? Having spotter plane means you can delete the Gunrange mod for 19km range and go AA-mod instead. Taking fighterplane (which will have to get reworked too) will further buff your AA capability. 
Because AA is her gimmick and frankly only the IJN-Haruna (my suggestion) would come close to being comparable at same tier. Both of these ships have AA on par with Tier 7/8 ships or better. As a result, WG would need to finely tune the rework so that Texas can properly use her gimmick. 

Oddly, in a recent devtalk they mentioned that one of their priorities was also in making playing CVs more 'exciting' and 'involving'. Right now it's click and drag chess board where some of the chess pieces can fight back though. I can only imagine how they'll accomplish that, other than make the action of performing a strike a little more complicated and visualized than Alt-click. 

Don't hold back Tier, tell us how you really feel.

Members
176 posts
2,563 battles

I am surprised that the Texas does as well as it does when it's very similar sister ship, the New York, is utter trash. I suppose all that AAA is making the difference, but given the rarity of CV's these days, I have to wonder. Since the ship was given away for free now and then, one can't even say "only better players spent money on it" to explain the higher performance. It is odd... it's not that good ship, really, though I still enjoy it.

As for the plan, it ought to have one, yes. I can't imagine it unbalancing the ship, and if the New York got it, too, it might help that floating scrap-bucket a bit.

[90THD]
Beta Testers
102 posts
633 battles

Have you driven the New York since getting the Texas? What I've found is the New York is the first ship that really requires heavy map awareness to run, and it benefits considerably from captain skills. 

When I played it back in Beta, it was intensely frustrating to play, and I didn't want to re-climb the US BB tech tree, but this go through I actually enjoyed it more than the New Mexico and Arizona.

While it may not have as many guns, the maps are smaller and the targets are softer. 

[ZIPPO]
Members
1,524 posts
3,515 battles
26 minutes ago, HarryVoyager said:

Have you driven the New York since getting the Texas? What I've found is the New York is the first ship that really requires heavy map awareness to run, and it benefits considerably from captain skills. 

When I played it back in Beta, it was intensely frustrating to play, and I didn't want to re-climb the US BB tech tree, but this go through I actually enjoyed it more than the New Mexico and Arizona.

While it may not have as many guns, the maps are smaller and the targets are softer. 

I did a little while back when I did a review of her, I actually found the NY to be a better BB than the Texas as long as there are no CVs. The rudder is faster, it is 1 knot faster, better range. As soon as you mix in a CV that all changes of course

Members
91 posts
1,814 battles

I really liked the New York, and got a Texas out of the steam sale a while back. Mine is set up with a pretty standard USN BB captain since I'm using her to train him for my other USN BB's

[BB68]
Members
3 posts
681 battles

Looks like somebody heard me and now she has a spotter plane like she should have had. I mean the first battleship to launch a plane should have one to begin with.

Sign in to follow this