Jump to content
You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Komrade_Rylo

Who else is getting Worcester day 1?

66 comments in this topic

Recommended Posts

1,053
[OPG]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
2,872 posts
10,416 battles

I'm getting Worcester day 1. I ground out 170k xp on Cleveland and using special flags saved up 310k xp to skip Seattle. I'm so excited for her release. Who else is getting her day 1 as well?

  • Cool 1
  • Boring 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4,015
[ABDA]
Beta Testers
16,020 posts
11,539 battles

Nope.  I'm not a fan of the playstyle, and am not a fan of high tier meta.  The handful of games I have played with my Cleveland have not been enjoyable, so I am more or less abandoning the line.  I will probably pick up the Helena, as she's one of my favorite ships from the war, but I don't expect to like it much.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
27
[USFF]
Members
68 posts
4,811 battles

I’m excited for the citadel opportunities. My Republique is gonna be so happy! 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4,585
[SALVO]
Members
16,618 posts
17,298 battles

I could get the Worcester on day 1.  I'm not lacking for the FXP or credits.  But I don't think that I will.  I have the Cleveland and will probably just grind up, at least long enough to build up a strong captain.  I'd hate to have a nice tier 10 ship with a low skill captain for her.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,464
Alpha Tester, In AlfaTesters
3,623 posts
521 battles

I want the Dallas for Operations and the Helena for lels. The rest of the line doesn't really interest me personally. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Members
1,787 posts
17,388 battles
34 minutes ago, Komrade_Rylo said:

I'm getting Worcester day 1. I ground out 170k xp on Cleveland and using special flags saved up 310k xp to skip Seattle. I'm so excited for her release. Who else is getting her day 1 as well?

I'm a grind every ship out (including modules) type of player (much to the detriment of my stats).

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
59
[DENY]
Members
296 posts
4,419 battles

Probably not on day one him working on the minotaur right now but one of my buddy might , and then we will division I will have the smoke him the radar and the rainbow will fall !

  • Funny 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
57
[RCB4]
[RCB4]
Beta Testers
442 posts

im gonna get the next ship after cleveland and play it and if i dont like it like i dont like cleveland ill be in no rush to get the t10 light cruiser

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Members
475 posts
5,642 battles

Not me. The problem with the Worcester is the tier X maps. With Cleveland i already have  some issues with the south spawn in the okinawa, tears of the desert and the other map in the china sea ( i forgot the name ). So if you want to have fun with the american light cruisers get Helena. The maps are friendly at tier 7.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4,611
[E-E]
[E-E]
Members
15,627 posts
14,017 battles

I might, but my FreeXP stock isn't as high as it used to be due to Musashi a while back, then Kronshtadt recently.  I'm going to be very close to edging in, I think.  If not, I won't be too sad.  Seattle should be immediately accessible.

59 minutes ago, Avenge_December_7 said:

Cries in carriers

Don't cry.  Division up with your Carrier alongside buddies in a Worcester.

 

Or two.

Edited by HazeGrayUnderway

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Members
3,638 posts
13,487 battles

I'm only interested in Helena, and maybe Dallas. I just got Admiral Halsey tonight and he's going to be assigned to Helena. With 4, 880, 691 Elite Commander XP I should have no problem getting the Admiral to 19 points.

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
217
[TDG]
Members
1,127 posts
5,701 battles

I use Free XP to avoid the stock hulls.

I'll get, and upgrade, Dallas tomorrow and start the grind.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Supertester
3,004 posts
10,057 battles
1 hour ago, Komrade_Rylo said:

I'm getting Worcester day 1. I ground out 170k xp on Cleveland and using special flags saved up 310k xp to skip Seattle. I'm so excited for her release. Who else is getting her day 1 as well?

Why skip the Seattle?

This is something that never made sense to me. So many ships in the different lines that have little nuances to them. For instance, an easy one here, the Colorado to the North Carolina. However, from the New Mexico to the Colorado was a big step as well, most didn't see it though. They both have side facing turrets, similar armor, same speed, etc. But, the shell sizes are obviously different, but so are the shell velocities. The velocity of the New Mexico is 823 m/s for AP and on the Colorado it is 768 m/s. The 55 m/s may not seem huge, but it is and is very noticeable as the shells lob on the Rado where the New Mexico "fires" them out.

Why would they do this from Tier 6 to 7? Because the AP velocity for the North Carolina is 701 m/s, which is a 67 m/s walk down from the Rado.

Now this is only 1 example, but I assure you, every tree in this game has these. This is why I actually have 95 ships and am waiting for more money to come in so I can buy some more port slots to buy some old ones back. lol

If you can, resist the urge to skip any ship. It will only benefit you in the end.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
49
[WOLF2]
Members
168 posts
13,853 battles

seattle is a meh boat, but worcester is probably not much better anyway, so really no harm to grind it through, since you got some nice 200% camo in stock

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
443
[DETN8]
[DETN8]
Members
1,662 posts
16,112 battles

I've got nothing to grind anymore except CVs (but I hate them so I won't be). I'm looking forward to earning the Worcester the old fashioned way.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2,258
[FOXEH]
Beta Testers
8,782 posts
14,856 battles
1 hour ago, crzyhawk said:

The handful of games I have played with my Cleveland have not been enjoyable, so I am more or less abandoning the line.

I've enjoyed playing the new Cleveland except for 70% of my matches being tier 10. But the ship herself is kind of fun. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
463
[WORX]
Members
1,642 posts
12,703 battles

The Worcester giveth, and The Worcester taketh away! She is right up my play style in given BB tears like the ATL. SHe will be in me port. I also know that whatever she giveth, she will taketh in Citadels to BBs. But its the way the game is played. I am sure looking forward to it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,053
[OPG]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
2,872 posts
10,416 battles
1 hour ago, BURN_Miner said:

Why skip the Seattle?

This is something that never made sense to me. So many ships in the different lines that have little nuances to them. For instance, an easy one here, the Colorado to the North Carolina. However, from the New Mexico to the Colorado was a big step as well, most didn't see it though. They both have side facing turrets, similar armor, same speed, etc. But, the shell sizes are obviously different, but so are the shell velocities. The velocity of the New Mexico is 823 m/s for AP and on the Colorado it is 768 m/s. The 55 m/s may not seem huge, but it is and is very noticeable as the shells lob on the Rado where the New Mexico "fires" them out.

Why would they do this from Tier 6 to 7? Because the AP velocity for the North Carolina is 701 m/s, which is a 67 m/s walk down from the Rado.

Now this is only 1 example, but I assure you, every tree in this game has these. This is why I actually have 95 ships and am waiting for more money to come in so I can buy some more port slots to buy some old ones back. lol

If you can, resist the urge to skip any ship. It will only benefit you in the end.

Bc no standard t9 is worth saving since all the t10s are better. (No I don't agree with the Fletcher argument). Why play weaker ships that 75% of the time get the same mm?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,317
[TF16B]
Members
8,064 posts
17,013 battles
4 hours ago, Grand_Viceroy_Zhou_Ziyu said:

I will just get Helena and Boise, that's it. I also hate the high tier meta.

Pretty much.

I have 800 million credits and 10 million-ish total free and unconverted ship xp...

...even with that; why should I waste any of it getting a ship for a tier I personally consider to be a chore and a complete waste of time? (My ‘new’ T8 Cleveland hasn’t even been out in a random game

15k games and I have just three Tier 10 ships; not even the Dragon flags have motivated me enough to get more ships I won’t play.

Edited by Estimated_Prophet

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×