Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
MajorRenegade

will they ever add this to game?

10 comments in this topic

[ERN]
[ERN]
Alpha Tester, In AlfaTesters, Beta Testers
10,101 posts
4,223 battles

Ever since that closed beta trailer I saw 3 years ago. I want them to add this part into the game. Where you can ram a enemy, depending on the impact point. you can split the ship into two (as shown in the video)

I been waiting for 3 years now and am still waiting

[NOOBS]
[NOOBS]
Beta Testers
154 posts
6,414 battles

So do I... :cap_like:

[LRM]
Supertester
550 posts
5,069 battles

Is it bad that I watched that and thought, as the one ship rammed the other, "TROGDOR!" followed by "BURNINATE!" when the rammed ship exploded?

If that's wrong, I don't wanna be right.

Members
3,774 posts
23 minutes ago, MajorRenegade said:

Ever since that closed beta trailer I saw 3 years ago. I want them to add this part into the game. Where you can ram a enemy, depending on the impact point. you can split the ship into two (as shown in the video)

I been waiting for 3 years now and am still waiting

That would be sweet

Members
4,745 posts
5,464 battles

What about destructible environments? Like what is shown right around 0:50 seconds?

Don't like fire spammers sitting behind rocks? Then blow up the rock!

• Cool 1

[PNG]
Supertester
5,657 posts
6,455 battles

Found a video. From 3 years ago. The collision knocks the bow and stern off the ships.

[ERN]
[ERN]
Alpha Tester, In AlfaTesters, Beta Testers
10,101 posts
4,223 battles
1 minute ago, Compassghost said:

Found a video. From 3 years ago. The collision knocks the bow and stern off the ships.

well.... it need better animation. but ya, it like a very rare event that I don't even notice in the game anymore. like the ship turning over as it sinks. then split in two

Members
2,410 posts
5,424 battles

Those effects are pretty graphics card intensive to display on a Great PC but I think this is merely a Demo Reel of the features of the program not yet finalized.  I think that EVENTUALLY it will come to that but as to when is another question.  Another is that is all that special effects worth programming in ?  I think that destructable objects would be great but then again its only a ship not a building. Probably destructable environments would be more suited to World of Tanks environment to maximize the investment I think.   As always..your results will vary...

Edited by dionkraft

Sign in to follow this