Jump to content
You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
ThePwnageMachine

The Future of the Game?

39 comments in this topic

Recommended Posts

29
[NGA-B]
Members
75 posts
1,469 battles

With the current status of the game, it leaves a lot of questions... Especially, for me. The following, are questions I want an answer for, directly from Wargaming. Leave your thoughts below. My main question though, is what is the future going to hold for the game, as it stands?

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

1- What are you going to do to handle the whole "Radar Cruiser" power creep? Buff something to compensate, or reconsider the decision to give all of these ships radar?

2- What will happen to Destroyer players, if the game continues on its current path? Do we need to expect the overall win-rate of DD's to just dwindle to nothing?

3- What will happen to the current Destroyers in the game? Will they get buffed, or will you guys just let them die a slow, painful death?

4- Where is your focus within the game right now? What issues or additions to the game do you feel are more important than what we are complaining most about?

5- Do you, as a company even pay attention to us (your community), when we call out to you about a pressing issue within your game? 

6- Where is your heart at, as a whole? Do you really care enough about us to answer us when we have an issue for your game? Or are we just numbers in your bank account?

7- If you, as a company, claim to care about us, then please, for the love of all things, will you please attempt to communicate more directly with us? So you can find out what change we want brought about within the game?

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I want a response from someone, Wargaming. I believe I speak for the community collectively, here.

Thanks for reading,

-ThePwnageMachine

Edited by ThePwnageMachine
  • Cool 2
  • Funny 2
  • Boring 3
  • Bad 9

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
717
[NEUTR]
Members
2,207 posts
6,055 battles

Well eventually the game's going to be dead.

 

edit: wouldn't it be interesting if FTP games become "generational". account pass down from father to son, kind of like old mortgages in Europe.

Edited by NeutralState

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3,312
[HINON]
Members
8,870 posts

Hmm they do such things as Q&A's and other options to directly interact with the community. Most of your questions are already answered in those avenues.

  • Funny 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
29
[NGA-B]
Members
75 posts
1,469 battles
6 minutes ago, RipNuN2 said:

Hmm they do such things as Q&A's and other options to directly interact with the community. Most of your questions are already answered in those avenues.

Are they, really? They aren't answered in the context or quality that I am looking for. I am looking for a more direct answer to these questions.

 

I hate to act in this manner, and come across as a disgruntled player, but... I can't help but to feel like they aren't listening, more often than not.

Edited by ThePwnageMachine
  • Cool 1
  • Bad 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3,312
[HINON]
Members
8,870 posts
3 minutes ago, ThePwnageMachine said:

Are they, really? They aren't answered in the context or quality that I am looking for. I am looking for a more direct answer to these questions.

You seem very demanding.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
29
[NGA-B]
Members
75 posts
1,469 battles
1 minute ago, RipNuN2 said:

You seem very demanding.

I can be, especially when I've noticed many other players are wondering about the same things I am. I do have good intentions, though.

Edited by ThePwnageMachine
  • Cool 1
  • Bad 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
463
[LOU1]
Members
2,898 posts
8,004 battles

I have found answers sufficient for me in the bunch of Developer Dairy and other videos WOWS has released.  Along with the interviews, podcasts, and postings on WOWS forums and Reddit.  Personally, I find it difficult to know what the community wants because I only get to see the small percentage of players that post on the forum.  And most of those seem to be challenges, rather than actual questions/discussions. I enjoy the game and have no issues with it.  Would be sort of humorous if most of the player base actually felt that way.  Especially since most don't come to the forums and the ones that do, probably don't feel like interacting in a thread of this nature. Guess it depends on the player...

Edited by ExploratorOne

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
67
[WOLFB]
Beta Testers
711 posts
5,200 battles

Now that the CBT for the ship part of the game has been opened  for the "game that must not be named". I'm spending most if my time over there.

  • Bad 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
29
[NGA-B]
Members
75 posts
1,469 battles
Just now, ExploratorOne said:

I have found answers sufficient for me in the bunch of Developer Dairy and other videos WOWS has released.  Along with the interviews, podcasts, and postings on WOWS forums and Reddit.  Personally, I find it difficult to know what the community wants because I only get to see the small percentage of players that post on the forum.  And most of those seem to be challenges, rather than actual questions/discussions. I enjoy the game and have no issues with it.  Guess it depends on the player.

You're right, I believe it's up to the player. Many feel complacent, (like yourself, and which is completely acceptable and understandable), and many are, uh... What's the word... A bit more, passionate about the game and the experience they have. (That is me, on occasion.)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3,312
[HINON]
Members
8,870 posts
Just now, ThePwnageMachine said:

I can be, especially when I've noticed many other players are wondering about the same things I am.

You can ask your questions also in the pigeon's nest for direct dev feedback. Try a more humble approach though if you want more feedback.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
600
[RKLES]
[RKLES]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
3,342 posts
11,500 battles

The ONLY problem I see is radar and sonar going through islands.

Destroyers are not dead.

In fact, 2 well played Shimmies caused the death of 8 teammates due to them jyst spotting us behind islands.

They did not launch torpedoes, they just kept us spotted and the ficus fire killed us before we figured out what was happening.

Good destroyer players are adapting to the radar meta and finding a solution on how to influence the match.

 

As far as OP goes, I have more games played in 1 destroyer than his entire career. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
600
[RKLES]
[RKLES]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
3,342 posts
11,500 battles
9 minutes ago, misanthrope0 said:

Now that the CBT for the ship part of the game has been opened  for the "game that must not be named". I'm spending most if my time over there.

Can you play a Cleveland?

A battleship?

A carrier?

....

No, only  pt boats, destroyers and WW I light cruisers.....

And it is more SIM, than arcade....

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
463
[LOU1]
Members
2,898 posts
8,004 battles
12 minutes ago, ThePwnageMachine said:

You're right, I believe it's up to the player. Many feel complacent, (like yourself, and which is completely acceptable and understandable), and many are, uh... What's the word... A bit more, passionate about the game and the experience they have. (That is me, on occasion.)

Why the challenge (complacent)?  It would be nice to have a discussion without passive aggressive attacks.  I am not complacent and am very actively interested in this game and its progression.  That is why I have watched and listened to everything the devs have said and plan to do.  I have followed their initial goals as they have had to change them to fit circumstances at the time.  Unless you have another account, i am not sure you have experienced enough battles to actually get into the game. and your goals may also be different.  I play this to be presented a challenge that I have the tools to overcome.  Radar, CVs, BB He, etc are all things I came here to deal with.  Complacent, I think not; more like satisfied - I enjoy playing this game more than others.  I have many games to play and I chose this one.  Others don't like it and have chosen other ones.  It is all about choice...

Edited by ExploratorOne

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
29
[NGA-B]
Members
75 posts
1,469 battles
3 minutes ago, RipNuN2 said:

You can ask your questions also in the pigeon's nest for direct dev feedback. Try a more humble approach though if you want more feedback.

Normally I would take this approach, but posts laced with humility that I've made have gotten zero attention. Not that I am encouraging creating a ruckus on the forums, but... I feel like telling them that I want a response from them may be more effective, seeing how my last attempts to make contact with them have obviously failed.

  • Bad 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
29
[NGA-B]
Members
75 posts
1,469 battles
2 minutes ago, ExploratorOne said:

Why the challenge (complacent)?  It would be nice to have a discussion without passive aggressive attacks.  I am not complacent and am very actively interested in this game and its progression.  That is why I have watched and listened to everything the devs have said and plan to do.  I have followed their initial goals as they have had to change them to fit circumstances at the time.  Unless you have another account, i am not sure you have experienced enough battles to actually get into the game. and your goals may also be different.  I play this to be presented a challenge that I have the tools to overcome.  Radar, CVs, BB He, etc are all things I came here to deal with.  Complacent, I think not; more like satisfied - I enjoy playing this game more than others.  I have many games to play and I chose this one.  Others don't like it and have chosen other ones.  It is all about choice...

I have another account with 5,000. I hope you didn't take this as an attack on you or your opinion. If you did, I'm sorry, that was not my intention. I just feel like I am more vocal than some.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Members
436 posts
8,406 battles
15 minutes ago, dEsTurbed1 said:

Can you play a Cleveland?

A battleship?

A carrier?

....

No, only  pt boats, destroyers and WW I light cruisers.....

And it is more SIM, than arcade....

Whats so great about a cleveland?

God i hope they don;t have Carriers.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Members
436 posts
8,406 battles
29 minutes ago, ThePwnageMachine said:

You're right, I believe it's up to the player. Many feel complacent, (like yourself, and which is completely acceptable and understandable), and many are, uh... What's the word... A bit more, passionate about the game and the experience they have. (That is me, on occasion.)

From my first hand experience it seems they are in a hurry to remove passionate players from their game.    It's almost as if they want you to keep quiet and watch the game die.

Edited by WES_HoundDog

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
29
[NGA-B]
Members
75 posts
1,469 battles
1 minute ago, WES_HoundDog said:

From my first hand experience it seems they are in a hurry to remove passionate players from their game.    It's almost as if they want you to keep quiet and watch the game die.

I hope that isn't the case. If it is, then quite a few of us are in for a ride.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
463
[LOU1]
Members
2,898 posts
8,004 battles
19 minutes ago, ThePwnageMachine said:

I have another account with 5,000. I hope you didn't take this as an attack on you or your opinion. If you did, I'm sorry, that was not my intention. I just feel like I am more vocal than some.

Sorry about that, being called complacent triggered me.  I am known for being observant and the asker of pointed questions and that came across as a trigger.  What I don't understand centers on the plethora of information the developers have released starting from the planning stages of this game.  So much you ask has been answered.  Many of your questions are actually demands.  Buffing destroyers, for example.  The devs see the detailed stats for the player base and have made tweaks as necessary to keep them performing effectively.  Your statement about dying a slow death, for example.  If that is the case, I will be the last one left playing DDs because I am enjoying them more now than I ever did before.

And Radio Detection And Ranging.  Maybe its not very realistic (I was a RADAR tech in the Air Force), but it is simple and easy to understand for an arcade game.  It is currently a mechanic that I can deal with, so I don't want it to change.  If I get radared and haven't made a positional error, it tells me where my next target is.  My ability to get the target is then dependent on my skill and I am getting better at it.

You ask where their heart is and I wonder whether you listen to the Devs and other staff when they are streaming battles or talking about their goals.  Personally, I wouldn't answer the questions in the original post.  Have you stepped back and read what you posted objectively and thought how you would react to what was written?

Sorry for my rant, it is definitely over the top - passion goes both ways.  You have as much right to post your feelings on a public forum as anyone else does.  See you on the waves!

 

"Fair winds and a following sea..."

Edited by ExploratorOne
Grammar and spelling errors...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,819
[V_KNG]
Beta Testers
9,269 posts

The radar power creep... 'member how OP the Belfast was because of smoke, hydro and radar? Hmm.... well I suppose now it's just the Belfast smoke that makes it so OP? In days gone bye bye, sure, smoke with radar was a powerful combo... admittedly, she still benefits from some decent conceal in smoke. 

Nowadays however, almost every ship out there has a means to defeat or counter her OP-ness... and really it's funny nobody is crying out how OP the USN cruisers are, all other radar cruisers are... why is that? 

You get 2/3rds of the Belfast's uniqueness and don't have to pay a penny for it. :cap_haloween::cap_old:

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
29
[NGA-B]
Members
75 posts
1,469 battles
1 minute ago, ExploratorOne said:

Sorry about that, being called complacent triggered me.  I am known for being observant and the asker of pointed questions and that came across wrong.  What I don't understand centers on the plethora of information the developers have released starting from the planning stages of this game.  So much you ask has been answered.  Many of your questions are actually demands.  Buffing destroyer, for example.  The devs see the detailed stats for the player base and have made tweaks as necessary to keep them performing effectively.  your statement about dying a slow death, for example.  If that is the case, I will be the last one left playing DDs because I am enjoying them more now than I ever did before.

And Radio Detection And Ranging.  Maybe its not very realistic (I was a RADAR tech in the Air Force), but it is simple and easy to understand for an arcade game.  It is currently a mechanic that I can deal with, so I don't want it to change.  If I get radared and haven't gotten made a positional error, it tells me where my next target is.  My ability to get the target is then dependent on my skill and I am getting better at it.

You ask where there heart is and I wonder whether you listen to the Devs and other staff when they are streaming battles or talking about their goals.  Personally, I wouldn't answer the questions in the original post.  Have you stepped back and read what you posted objectively and thought how you would react to what was written?

Sorry for my rant, it is definitely over the top.  You have as much right to post your feelings on a public forum as anyone else does.  See you on the waves!

 

"Fair winds and a following sea..."

Understandable. And as a matter of fact, I did go back and read this original post... Seven times. Just to ensure I wasn't being that unreasonable.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
29
[NGA-B]
Members
75 posts
1,469 battles
1 minute ago, Herr_Reitz said:

The radar power creep... 'member how OP the Belfast was because of smoke, hydro and radar? Hmm.... well I suppose now it's just the Belfast smoke that makes it so OP? In days gone bye bye, sure, smoke with radar was a powerful combo... admittedly, she still benefits from some decent conceal in smoke. 

Nowadays however, almost every ship out there has a means to defeat or counter her OP-ness... and really it's funny nobody is crying out how OP the USN cruisers are, all other radar cruisers are... why is that? 

You get 2/3rds of the Belfast's uniqueness and don't have to pay a penny for it. :cap_haloween::cap_old:

 

One more thing that I am sure is frustrating to players who owned, or still own the Belfast.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
845
[SSG]
Alpha Tester
3,385 posts
7,979 battles
22 minutes ago, RipNuN2 said:

You can ask your questions also in the pigeon's nest for direct dev feedback. Try a more humble approach though if you want more feedback.

Assuming you can post there. I haven't been able to post in there for a year+, and can get no answer as to why I'm forbidden to, at all. No text box to type or anything since one of those forum reworks.

41 minutes ago, RipNuN2 said:

Hmm they do such things as Q&A's and other options to directly interact with the community. Most of your questions are already answered in those avenues.

But those Q and A's are almost never posted here you have to go dig on reddit and all, and sometimes things you want answered and all aren't anywhere there. They've said nothing of any real value or substance on the CV rework other than "were not making any more premium CV's till the rework and we mean it this time", and them saying they let the community, or at least the people that managed to buy GZ, have too much influence on it's balance, so aren't releasing, which is the dumbest excuse I have heard since "we don't need 75 mm cannons on planes because nothing in the game requires that kind of firepower to destroy" when we have freaking 1000 pound bombs. No duh the people that have it are most likely going to make it OP, that is like giving a kid matches and not expecting them o burn the damned house down. Those of us who aren't ST, CC, or internal but play CV's would like some bloody clue what the hell they are actually planning BEFORE they get to the point of no return and it's forced down our damned throats. Cause maybe we would like to have some input.

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
29
[NGA-B]
Members
75 posts
1,469 battles
2 minutes ago, WanderingGhost said:

Assuming you can post there. I haven't been able to post in there for a year+, and can get no answer as to why I'm forbidden to, at all. No text box to type or anything since one of those forum reworks.

But those Q and A's are almost never posted here you have to go dig on reddit and all, and sometimes things you want answered and all aren't anywhere there. They've said nothing of any real value or substance on the CV rework other than "were not making any more premium CV's till the rework and we mean it this time", and them saying they let the community, or at least the people that managed to buy GZ, have too much influence on it's balance, so aren't releasing, which is the dumbest excuse I have heard since "we don't need 75 mm cannons on planes because nothing in the game requires that kind of firepower to destroy" when we have freaking 1000 pound bombs. No duh the people that have it are most likely going to make it OP, that is like giving a kid matches and not expecting them o burn the damned house down. Those of us who aren't ST, CC, or internal but play CV's would like some bloody clue what the hell they are actually planning BEFORE they get to the point of no return and it's forced down our damned throats. Cause maybe we would like to have some input.

Facts. Albeit, a bit more up-front, but these are facts.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
472
[WORX]
Members
1,652 posts
12,714 battles

The game it self is not dead. Who ever has a video of WOWS when it was in beta, years ago can post it, just compare the progression to when WOWS started to now. I would think its a good evolution so far, WOWS do have long term plans that can change. So far I dont see WOWS slowing down anytime soon.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×