You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Compdizzle

Sick to death of losing to +2 tier ships

39 comments in this topic

[CHA0S]
Members
1 post
1,596 battles

Apparently the community hasn't complained enough because I'm still getting matched to ships that 2 tiers higher than me on a regular basis. 

I'm sick to death of getting decimated by Tier X ships when I'm in a Tier VIII.

It's not even close to a fair comparison. Tier VIII cannot survive against Tier X.

Please, there should be no more than a 1 tier difference in battles. 

Please.

• Cool 5
  • Boring 2
  • Bad 3

Members
1,604 posts
3,573 battles

The only time that really bothers me is when I am up against the Yamato or Musashi.  Fighting the Musashi at T7 is disgusting.

[WOLF2]
Members
2,992 posts
5,204 battles

You're only a few hundred battles in. It'll get easier with experience.

• Cool 3

[ARS]
Beta Testers
2,152 posts
1,648 battles
2 minutes ago, Palladia said:

The only time that really bothers me is when I am up against the Yamato or Musashi.  Fighting the Musashi at T7 is disgusting.

How is it different from fighting an Iowa or Alsace?  Musashi doesn't overmatch your bow anymore than all the other Tier IX BBs do.

[LRM]
Supertester
550 posts
5,054 battles

I don't mind the +/- 2 Tiers thing.

However, I've also spent time in the Training Room blasting at the T10 BB's with my North Carolina and I haven't been able to reliably find them on any of the T10 BB's yet.

Members
98 posts
3,417 battles

Unfortunately +/-2 is pretty much here to stay. The best bet if you wanna see less bottom tier in T8, is to division up with a T7 buddy. WG's new MM will *usually* place you in a T6-8 or on occasion T7-9.  I ground a couple T8s with that method and it worked pretty well.

(If someone does sit in their queue for more than 3:00 minutes however, you could very well fail division.)

• Cool 1
  • Bad 1
  • Angry 1

Members
1,604 posts
3,573 battles
2 minutes ago, Helstrem said:

How is it different from fighting an Iowa or Alsace?  Musashi doesn't overmatch your bow anymore than all the other Tier IX BBs do.

Check again.  She sports the same 460mm's that the Yamato does,  just with less accuracy.  She keeps most of the Yamato's statistics but is a tier down.  Her only 'weakness'  is her bad AA.

[ARS]
Beta Testers
2,152 posts
1,648 battles
8 minutes ago, Palladia said:

Check again.  She sports the same 460mm's that the Yamato does,  just with less accuracy.  She keeps most of the Yamato's statistics but is a tier down.  Her only 'weakness'  is her bad AA.

Once again, if you're in a Tier VII BB your plating is already overmatched by any shell that is 380mm or more.  That means a few Tier VI BBs, most Tier VII BBs and every Tier VIII+ BB.

Taking fire from Musashi is no different than taking fire from Missouri.

It isn't until BBs get 32mm plating at Tier VIII and above that 460mm shells become the only ones that can overmatch.

Edited by Helstrem
  • Cool 1

Members
9,864 posts
35 minutes ago, Compdizzle said:

Apparently the community hasn't complained enough because I'm still getting matched to ships that 2 tiers higher than me on a regular basis. 

It's not even close to a fair comparison. Tier VIII cannot survive against Tier X.

Please.

This has been beaten to death....

But good news, WG stated on reddit that it will never change, they want you to be extremely uncomfortable, so you push to tier 10 and are never bottom tier again....And incidentally extract more money in the process....:Smile_teethhappy: 

[DENY]
Members
296 posts
4,393 battles

Got gud ! Once you reach t10 you never gonna be uptiered and you will love fighting 8 

• Bad 1

[PVE]
Members
1,225 posts
4,744 battles
29 minutes ago, JCC45 said:

GITGUD.jpg.11a13f18a80b354d371c2454670aa

Normally I wouldn't say the above but with that few battles It sounds like be you've got a T8 premium and your getting waxed alot. T8-T10 players with experience can be tough customers indeed.You'd be better served to drop back a couple tiers pick a line and grind back to T8 and learn the mechanics and intracacies of the game. Not harshing you at all been there myself...

[HINON]
Members
8,838 posts

You likely need more experience. Maybe drop down a little bit and play some more lines and up your game. You could also post some replays for good advice, @Lord_Zath accepts replays for assistance also.

Members
3,774 posts

Wonder if this ones gonna get locked out too lol

Clutch Move In Before The Lock GIF - ClutchMove InBeforeTheLock GIFs

[RKLES]
[RKLES]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
3,324 posts
11,451 battles

My Cleveland,  Asashio and Bizmark have something to say to you...

Stop yoloing and last longer than 5 minutes....

[DRG_N]
Members
407 posts
582 battles

Most of the problems with tier eight, nine and ten matchmaking would be to make tier nine -1.  With no tier 7's being dragged into tier 9 their spots would be taken by tier 8's, which is one of the most populated tiers.  With more tier 8's facing 9's, far fewer would be seeing tier 10's, and with tier 8 being so populous, more tier 9's would be available to face tier 10's.  Tier 6, being another very popular tier, would balance out the now freed up 7's and 8's.  Hell, with so many 7's seeing 6's and 8's, it might even help out the hideous tier 5 matchmaking.

The only price would be maybe a slightly longer wait period for the precious tier 10's to see a match. So, of course, this would be intolerable.

ADDENDUM: You should be aware, the people saying "git gud" are the ones that enjoy farming -2's with their 19pt tier 10's with effective impunity. I'd ignore most of them.

Edited by Highlord
  • Cool 2
  • Funny 1
  • Boring 1
  • Bad 1

[DENY]
Members
296 posts
4,393 battles
6 minutes ago, Highlord said:

Most of the problems with tier eight, nine and ten matchmaking would be to make tier nine -1.  With no tier 7's being dragged into tier 9 their spots would be taken by tier 8's, which is one of the most populated tiers.  With more tier 8's facing 9's, far fewer would be seeing tier 10's, and with tier 8 being so populous, more tier 9's would be available to face tier 10's.  Tier 6, being another very popular tier, would balance out the now freed up 7's and 8's.  Hell, with so many 7's seeing 6's and 8's, it might even help out the hideous tier 5 matchmaking.

The only price would be maybe a slightly longer wait period for the precious tier 10's to see a match. So, of course, this would be intolerable.

ADDENDUM: You should be aware, the people saying "git gud" are the ones that enjoy farming -2's with their 19pt tier 10's with effective impunity. I'd ignore most of them.

Even when I play t8 I never feel that him useless but I guess it the difference between a good player and a less good one , the ship is only a small variable , the player make the difference , a noob on a t10 is still a noob , just learn the weakness of the ship and it will make the difference , I spend time looking at the armor scheme 

• Cool 1

[FOXEH]
Beta Testers
8,780 posts
14,856 battles
1 hour ago, Compdizzle said:

Which tier 8 ships are you using?

57 minutes ago, Helstrem said:

Was playing Buffalo today, 17 K away, bow on, one hit from a Missouri, down over 20 K HP. It happens at the same tier too!

[5D]
Members
2,214 posts
13,974 battles

He's only 28 matches in his Bismarck, maybe he went up the tiers too quickly and isn't prepared for high tier game play.

OP how come you haven't post how unfair it was that you were deleting T5 ships in your T7 BB? Does it only apply when you're on the other end? Also you should have had this same complaint in your T7 BB going up against T9s.

• Cool 2
  • Bad 1

[CUTE]
[CUTE]
Members
124 posts
4,230 battles

5b32e30eaa5fd_10baby.thumb.png.8fd1a6444f3433ace2aa4a83639a0063.png5b32e3026960d_1more.thumb.png.fe0c35a932c4c19bd27ee1a554d6c28a.png

My games would disagree with you but I guess still imba or im special?

Then again... never taunt the mm5b32e39f685ea_nopls.thumb.png.b028b92378bacfc2dcfa5c0581bcfefc.png

• Cool 1

[SSG]
Alpha Tester
3,375 posts
7,962 battles

Look, when it comes to CV's, +/- 2 is a problem because +2 A can be way too powerful, making the ships presence at times pointless, or on the reverse way too damn powerful because -2 AA is insufficient. Falls under "why CV's should have been fixed 3 years ago".

However, while it can be annoying to be -2 all the time, there is a point where you just have to suck it up and adapt. They aren't untouchable. Case in point just today with my tier 8 Baltimore in a match that was becoming an obvious loss said to hell with, charged from around my max gun range right at him despite him being near full and me at maybe 50%, dodge, weave, and bounce rounds that between some HE, AP, a torp from a friendly DD, etc, rammed him and killed him shortly before the match ended. Far from the first or last ship of a higher tier I've taken down almost or completely solo. Favourite is still the tier 9's who forget my Scharn has torps.

I mean, I'm not opposed to +/-1 because it'd be that much easier, but it's not really needed, and they've said it's not going to happen. Hell they phased out tanks over in WoT that had special MM that basically gave you at worst -1. 

[TDRB]
Members
960 posts
3,675 battles
1 hour ago, Compdizzle said:

Please.

T8's facing T10's isn't fun. Not only do they over tier you they have the benefits of one more upgrade slot, high point commanders and these ships usually belong to the more experienced players. "Get Gud" does not nullify these advantages. Not all with T10 ships are good players and everyone screws up. That is what shift the advantage in your favor. BUt you must be good enough to exploit these chances.

Members
3,635 posts
13,459 battles

Folks have been complaining about the +2 -2 MM for ages and WG turns a deaf ear to it even though it's very likely driven off a lot of players.

And this "get gud" bullsh*t is just that. Tier 8 ships, especially Cruisers are badly outclassed against tier 10s. Try telling a Race Driver who's been entered with a Prius in the Indianapolis 500 to "get gud" and he'll win.

• Cool 4
  • Bad 1

[O_O]
Members
4,333 posts
9,279 battles
2 hours ago, Compdizzle said:

1st - my results must be different than yours, because in my last 358 games in a tier 8 ship, I only saw tier 10's in 137...or 39%.  Oops, wait...two of those had zero tier 10's, and several only had a couple.

2nd - Tier 8 ships can do just fine in battles in which they are bottom tier.  I have a couple of dozen screen shots of post-battle team screens when I led the team in XP in a bottom tier, tier 8 ship.  Which leads us to this:

1 hour ago, JCC45 said:

GITGUD.jpg.11a13f18a80b354d371c2454670aa

I don't mean to sound condescending, but he has a point (and I LOL'd, +1).  Your profile shows you have played 787 battles.  How many games have you played at tier 8?  When I had 787 battles I was still trying to figure out what Defensive Fire AA was.  I have played a lot more battles than you (at least, according to what I can see on your profile), and I do not consider a tier 8 in a tier 10 game to be horrible.  Challenging, perhaps, but I frequently welcome the challenge and have a lot of fun in those games.

16 minutes ago, kgh52 said:

T8's facing T10's isn't fun. Not only do they over tier you they have the benefits of one more upgrade slot, high point commanders and these ships usually belong to the more experienced players. "Get Gud" does not nullify these advantages. Not all with T10 ships are good players and everyone screws up. That is what shift the advantage in your favor. BUt you must be good enough to exploit these chances.

"Not all with T10 ships are good players" is a true statement.  But you also imply that T8 players don't have high point commanders and belong to less experienced players.  Lemme tell ya, there are PLENTY of T8 players with a metric ton of experience and 19 point captains.  You do have to be good enough to work your T8 against T9's and T10's.

[ICOP]
Members
128 posts
6,187 battles

'Git gud' is going to become 'Git gone' from the game if the player is not having fun.

Forgive me and the salt as I had hernia surgery yesterday so my attitude is in the ditch.

• Cool 2