You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
alexbuildit

Map Of Every Japanese Ship Lost in WW2

13 comments in this topic

[RKLES]
Members
39 posts
1,615 battles

bj5zk0.jpg

Spotted this on Facebook, and thought it would be worth sharing. So many ships and lives lost... 303k sailors and around 320 ships. Upvote for you if you can find Yamato.

Edited by alexbuildit
  • Cool 5

Members
4,743 posts
5,464 battles

I see Yamato.

Spoiler

Upper right hand corner just SW of Mainland Japan.

Lol, I spotted Musashi well before finding Yamato. Didn't realize their resting places were so far apart.

• Cool 1

[FOXEH]
[FOXEH]
Alpha Tester
6,012 posts
9,578 battles
1 hour ago, GhostSwordsman said:

I see Yamato.

Hide contents

Upper right hand corner just SW of Mainland Japan.

Lol, I spotted Musashi well before finding Yamato. Didn't realize their resting places were so far apart.

not really, in fact Yamato only lasted 6 more months than her sister.:fish_book:

my grandfather actually was in the battle against Yamato in Taffy 3, he was a supply officer on the Gambier bay. which was actually sunk by Yamato's 6 inch battery. he said when the shells hit, everyone was thrown to the ground or tossed around like rag dolls due to the inersha inflicted on the ship.

here's a video about taffy 3 and Yamato's final battle if you want to watch it!:fish_aqua:

• Cool 1

[SSG]
Alpha Tester
3,376 posts
7,971 battles

And then you realize the picture you linked - isn't actually all of them. There's a few lost to the east and west that are cutoff. 

[ICOP]
[ICOP]
Members
699 posts
11,701 battles
1 hour ago, BladedPheonix said:

here's a video about taffy 3 and Yamato's final battle if you want to watch it!:fish_aqua:

Watched the entire video and enjoyed it a lot! Thanks for sharing it. 

Respects,

Am

• Cool 2

Members
4,743 posts
5,464 battles
2 hours ago, WanderingGhost said:

And then you realize the picture you linked - isn't actually all of them. There's a few lost to the east and west that are cutoff. 

Yeah, Midway isn't shown in the pic at all. I don't see Kaga, Akagi, Hiryuu, or Souryuu anywhere on the map.

In fact, the only IJN CVs I see listed are Shoukaku, Taiho, Hiyou, and Shinano.(not counting CVLs)

Edited by GhostSwordsman
  • Cool 1

[FOXEH]
[FOXEH]
Alpha Tester
6,012 posts
9,578 battles
2 hours ago, Amracil said:

Watched the entire video and enjoyed it a lot! Thanks for sharing it. 

Respects,

Am

If you would like more of these types of videos, the series that the video I linked is called "Dogfights"; they had like 2 or 3 seasons. Although it mostly covers air-combat, they do have a few ship V ship battle episodes, I believe  ep. 2 is the Bismark vs the HMS hood.:fish_aqua:

there was also a sister-series called worlds greatest tank battles! and later 3 spin offs

Battle 360 (featuring the USS Enterprise)

Patton 360 (featuring the campaign and feats of the soldiers that were in Patton's armies, which ironicly also included my other grandfather who was a M-18 hellcat commander in the 4th armored Div.)

Shootout ( which covered various hand to hand battles from Marines to police forces)

you can find most of these series on Youtube!:cap_look: though video quality may vary:fish_nerv:

• Cool 1

[ICOP]
[ICOP]
Members
699 posts
11,701 battles
17 hours ago, BladedPheonix said:

If you would like more of these types of videos, the series that the video I linked is called "Dogfights"; they had like 2 or 3 seasons. Although it mostly covers air-combat, they do have a few ship V ship battle episodes, I believe  ep. 2 is the Bismark vs the HMS hood.:fish_aqua:

... you can find most of these series on Youtube!:cap_look: though video quality may vary:fish_nerv:

Thank you! I love watching things like this. Much appreciated.

Respects,

Am

• Cool 1

[FOXEH]
[FOXEH]
Alpha Tester
6,012 posts
9,578 battles
16 minutes ago, Amracil said:

Thank you! I love watching things like this. Much appreciated.

Respects,

Am

Always happy to share some military history with people.:fish_aqua:

• Cool 1

Members
31 posts
73 battles
On 6/26/2018 at 8:42 PM, CrimsonAlucard said:

Then you realize the Mutsu just exploded in port in Japan.?

Actually Mutsu was in Occupied China when she exploded