Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
EyE_dYe_QuIck

looking at patch vs emblem pre battle

8 comments in this topic

[-TKS-]
Members
289 posts
5,614 battles

i saw this conversation in chat yesterday and figured it must be a thing because i do depending on the ship there in .  do you look if a player has a emblem or patch pre battle?  if you do , do you focus on them if you see them? i know in ranked it was a decent way to tell how the match would go depending how many were per side. at least from what i gathered. 

[BIAS]
Members
3,052 posts
9,046 battles
5 minutes ago, EyE_dYe_QuIck said:

i saw this conversation in chat yesterday and figured it must be a thing because i do depending on the ship there in .  do you look if a player has a emblem or patch pre battle?  if you do , do you focus on them if you see them? i know in ranked it was a decent way to tell how the match would go depending how many were per side. at least from what i gathered. 

Nope, I look for players and clans I recognize. And if all I have to do to fly under the radar is run a patch instead of an emblem, that's what I'll do. 

[HINON]
Members
8,870 posts

Some experienced players use the default patch. I don't display my emblems so your method is not foolproof.

[SYN]
[SYN]
Members
1,325 posts
14,705 battles

If you really care, use Matchmaker Monitor.  Even then, I will typically only use it to compare CV players as I will play differently depending on that information.

[SF-A]
Members
2,850 posts
5,548 battles

I will look at it, but it's part of a hierarchy of guesses.

First, I look for usernames. If something famous stands out to me, I'm paying attention. Secondly, clans. I will keep an eye out for OPG players because I know they have competitive members. Thirdly, I look at ship. A great player in a Huang He will still have a tough time against an Atlanta. Finally, I would look at emblem, but even then really only to see who is used to high-tier play.

[HAG]
Beta Testers
318 posts
4,072 battles

I just have the symbol for the calvary as mine and that is because I want to get close enough to hit them with my sword.

• Cool 1

[DENY]
Members
303 posts
4,433 battles

I don't really care about it , I put on whatever I feel like , but I kinda like my stalinium emblem!

[LOU1]
Members
2,898 posts
8,004 battles

I look if I remember to, but it is an occasional afterthought.  Primarily because I have noticed that I am usually deleted by an emblem.  So, I figure to make sure to use my best wits in dealing with emblems and preferably help make sure they are off the battlefield as soon as possible.

Edited by ExploratorOne

Sign in to follow this