Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Admiral_Thrawn_1

Nice Job Wargaming on Steel / Coal idea

21 comments in this topic

[RKLES]
Members
7,113 posts
8,765 battles

After reading about how Steel and Coal are earned in various ways and what they can be used to buy I feel that Wargaming has come up with a good idea, that seems well thought out.

You can earn coal from Ranked, Clan Wars, Missions, or the daily crates. So nobody can say that only those in clans can obtain it or those that do well in Ranked.

Another good thing is the selection of premium ships that can be purchased with coal. The 8 ships chosen I think have been well thought out as well. Like the Flint and Black have been Ranked reward ship, but if the owners try to use them it draws focused fire by enemy team. Same thing in tanks if somebody has something that requires a skilled player to earn then it’s like a big target on their hull since if you kill the good player then odds are you can win the battle. By making a way for anyone to get those ships it will lessen the negative side effects of using those ships. Rest of the premium ships for coal are also well chosen to provide tempting variety and at same time not giving away anything too easily.

Signal flags and camo for coal is also good idea since everyone will be able to buys them and balances the desire to purchase them with the desire for game not to become pay to win.

Wargaming often tries hard to give us good content, but every once in a while they do some really great updates and I think this will be one of those.

• Cool 8
  • Boring 2
  • Bad 2

Members
475 posts
5,642 battles

"Wargaming often tries hard to give us good content, but every once in a while they do some really great updates and I think this will be one of those." 

You are new here right?

• Cool 1
  • Bad 5
  • Angry 1

[HAG]
Beta Testers
318 posts
4,072 battles

How dare you insult the Grand Admiral.  Angry meme here

WG does work hard to create good content, they don't always handle it well but the fact that we get heated over it proves that we care which means we all find something of value in it. I fully agree with the Admiral. This is a way of giving premium content to players willing to put it the time regardless of skill level, I applaud WG for the coal idea.

• Cool 1
  • Funny 1

[EQRN]
Members
311 posts
8,672 battles

I wholeheartedly agree Admiral, really looking forward to 7.6, and down voters are wankers (no names, so no shames :cap_like:).

• Funny 1

[LOU1]
Members
2,895 posts
8,004 battles

I especially like being able to obtain camo and flags without having to use cash.  Also good great is that I can now buy the special upgrades.  Thanks!

Members
98 posts
3,417 battles

I'd enjoy it if we could trade in our unused special upgrades that we get from 'super containers' for some value of coal.

if you have a bunch of modules you find worthless, you could easily convert a few of them into another one. (Depending on their sale value ofc)

I've got a couple unused spotter plane mods, and really wanna get a hold of a speed boost for my HIV

[RKLES]
Members
7,113 posts
8,765 battles
24 minutes ago, _no_one_ said:

"Wargaming often tries hard to give us good content, but every once in a while they do some really great updates and I think this will be one of those." 

You are new here right?

I take note of when things are done poorly, but I am also one to take note and give credit when I see something that has been done well. So many are quick to complain on Forum if Wargaming does something wrong, but how many are willing  to say something nice if Wargaming has done something good?

• Cool 1

[INTEL]
Beta Testers
1,581 posts
3,918 battles

They weren't quite as up-front with the write up on steel...which, from the looks of it, I will never earn in great quantity (if any at all).

I'm not as impressed.  There's already a stranded resource in-game that could have been used - XP on elited ships.  I've got a lot of it.  Nothing I can currently do with Free XP is worth paying to convert it.  I mean, sure I've got Missouri, Nelson and Musashi, but I'm not shelling out again for the Russian cruisers.

I just wish they weren't so bound and determined to lock ships behind the "competitive" game modes.

[FOXEH]
[FOXEH]
Alpha Tester
6,028 posts
9,595 battles
1 hour ago, justdags said:

How dare you insult the Grand Admiral.  Angry meme here

WG does work hard to create good content, they don't always handle it well but the fact that we get heated over it proves that we care which means we all find something of value in it. I fully agree with the Admiral. This is a way of giving premium content to players willing to put it the time regardless of skill level, I applaud WG for the coal idea.

Agreed.:fish_aqua:

[UFFA]
Members
591 posts
29 battles

Blah blah blah coal is great and gate keeping steel is ignored in OP. :cap_wander_2:

Members
475 posts
5,642 battles
40 minutes ago, Admiral_Thrawn_1 said:

I take note of when things are done poorly, but I am also one to take note and give credit when I see something that has been done well. So many are quick to complain on Forum if Wargaming does something wrong, but how many are willing  to say something nice if Wargaming has done something good?

Well i am vet from WG products. And from my experience with them in the past i know how they can ruin an entire game with one update when they focus in changing how the economy works.  Spare parts in WOTB . Who played WOTB and know what happened with spare parts update will understand me.

Anyway about arsenal , i need to know how much will cost the items and how much coal / steel can i farm in one day them i can have an opinion. 

[RKLES]
Members
7,113 posts
8,765 battles
30 minutes ago, _no_one_ said:

Well i am vet from WG products. And from my experience with them in the past i know how they can ruin an entire game with one update when they focus in changing how the economy works.  Spare parts in WOTB . Who played WOTB and know what happened with spare parts update will understand me.

Anyway about arsenal , i need to know how much will cost the items and how much coal / steel can i farm in one day them i can have an opinion. 

Yeah, it was a little crazy, but at least the spare parts have now been pulled from WOTB. They are back to use no credits for upgrades now.

[SSG]
Alpha Tester
3,385 posts
7,979 battles
2 hours ago, Admiral_Thrawn_1 said:

By making a way for anyone to get those ships

Actually, slight correction. Flint, Black, Stalingrad are steel only ships. And while true, a super container can drop steel, if it's anywhere near what is needed for those ships is yet to be seen, that's still basically a lucky as hell SC drop and still really going to be for ranked, maybe CB players. It's not like coal that everyone basically gets with relative ease. So those ships are likely still going to be focused because they are still likely only in the hands of those same types of players, with the occasional lucky guy that basically got one out of a container.

31 minutes ago, _no_one_ said:

And from my experience with them in the past i know how they can ruin an entire game with one update when they focus in changing how the economy works

I remember Warplanes 1.5 - they overhauled gameplay which had a massive effect on economy, and when they did this they gave no real insight for us players to give feedback on till it was basically happen nothing we could do. And that patch basically killed that game. Which is why I get nervous about the CV rework because this is feeling like the same damn thing and we'd like to know what they are planning so we can maybe have input.

[JUICE]
Members
814 posts
6,369 battles

Those

59 minutes ago, Sparviero said:

Blah blah blah coal is great and gate keeping steel is ignored in OP. :cap_wander_2:

ships were always locked away from players who did no participate in ranked. Why would they change that? There has always been a gate.

Members
475 posts
5,642 battles
51 minutes ago, Admiral_Thrawn_1 said:

Yeah, it was a little crazy, but at least the spare parts have now been pulled from WOTB. They are back to use no credits for upgrades now.

I didn't know about that. I loved that game so much. it was a frustration when i saw WG stealing millions from me on equipment and exchange giving not enough spare parts to equip my tanks. And then the fckn timers to equip the tanks. OMG. 

Alpha Tester, In AlfaTesters
3,623 posts
521 battles

Having multiple currencies in any economic system is stupid. Having multiple currencies in video game economic systems is absolute cancer.

[RKLES]
Members
7,113 posts
8,765 battles
On 6/26/2018 at 9:49 PM, _no_one_ said:

I didn't know about that. I loved that game so much. it was a frustration when i saw WG stealing millions from me on equipment and exchange giving not enough spare parts to equip my tanks. And then the fckn timers to equip the tanks. OMG. 

Yeah in WOTB Wargaming realized their mistake, have allowed us to keep our upgrades from the gears, and any further upgrades are done with credits and No Timers.

Edited by Admiral_Thrawn_1

[ARGSY]
Members
5,866 posts
3,984 battles

It will work well if there are ways to earn coal on a regular basis outside of container drops. Otherwise the availability will be too low to get hold of the lower-level premium ships (i.e. not Salem or MusashI) before they drop out of rotation and new ones come in. Right now the Coal for Everyone mission puts the price of 5000 coal equal to 20,000 base XP, so 4 base XP for one coal. Obviously they're not going to hand it out at that rate forever, or people will be accumulating obscene amounts, but it will be interesting to see what the July missions bring in terms of opportunities.

Sign in to follow this