Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
StripperSalad

Tier 8 DD Kidd

14 comments in this topic

[S0L0]
Members
204 posts
5,309 battles

Kidd is all yours forever, you might want to read up on how she plays or grind the USN DD line to train your captain before you actually take her out for Randoms. :)

(btw, congrats if you had won her via the American containers)

Edited by JB_24

[S0L0]
Members
204 posts
5,309 battles
1 minute ago, StripperSalad said:

ty man... and also i have other accounts with more games... i dont actually have under 100 games, this is a reroll

Ah, well enjoy her anyway :3
I heard she's a good DD.

Edited by JB_24

[RCB4]
[RCB4]
Beta Testers
442 posts

yea lots of good dd player really like it myself i got one in freedom crate but i havent played it yet

im no dd player so ill need to practice before i can play that dd hunter i know that much

[-TDF-]
Beta Testers
226 posts
3,092 battles

Nice! I rather enjoy it... I might even go down the U.S. DD line after playing it.

Members
6 posts
131 battles

im not really a bid fan of dd's really im a battleship and cruiser, right now im on the tier 6 american BB new mexico, and tier 5 french cruiser(which im in love with)

but the one thing with the kid that i noticed about was that she fires really fast but her torpedoes are not the best.... only 5 i believe, but they i think go around 9.2 km

Members
1,132 posts
3,141 battles

Yeah the torps are just bad. Low range, damage, and long reload. The guns fire fast but have trash velocity. The AA is great and the survivability is excellent because of the heal. She is a really great ship but takes a little getting used to. 

[WOLF2]
Beta Testers
5,754 posts
9,484 battles

As a DD main who has been so since CBT I've given up on the USN DD line since patch 6.3. Leaving my 19 point captians and gold camo sitting in port. There is nothing meaningful they do that another nation doesn't do better.

Kidd has the advantage of a heal, but its damage dealing potential is hampered by its guns and single torpedo launcher. Stay alive to late game and you can do plenty, but it's very team dependant.

The 20 second bloom time is simply too punishing, given the fact that most of the gun range/gun bloom is not useable.

Sorry to be a killjoy, but the German DDs have basically replaced the USN ships.

[CAST]
Members
1,166 posts
7,199 battles

The Kidd is yours forever as a premium. 

I just got one with a mission grate.  I played a couple of games with it.  I like it.

[4HIM]
Members
1,720 posts
3,905 battles

Good AA and a heal.  Torps are about as useless as those on the Sims.  But with all the radar around now, mine just sits in port.

[WOLFB]
Beta Testers
711 posts
5,200 battles

Congrads sort of, yes of course you keep it you payed for it. However as anyone who has long played WG games Premium content is subject to change despite what you payed for when you got it. This is the only kind of product in the world, even in the digital world where the content you payed for is subject to change. If you buy a movie and download it the digital service you bought it from does not a year down the road edit the content you payed for into something you don't like. To be more specific WG will change the ship or the meta it was designed for in a fashion that no matter how good the ship was when you bought it might not be worth it a year later. To be even more specific in regards to T8 and above DD's. There used to a be a handful of Cruisers and one BB that had radar which was problematic but not enough to be game breaking. Now that high tiers are being flooded with radar ships this has become so much a problem you must be reduced to rather passive play or stop playing at this level. There are now only 1-2  DD's per side where there used to be 3-4 per high tier match.  While everyone was congradulating you and singing it's praises I though someone should inject some alternative into the discussion.

I have 3 T8 DD's and they are the absolute last I have instead been playing T5-7  and having a ball again.

Members
6 posts
131 battles
15 hours ago, misanthrope0 said:

Congrads sort of, yes of course you keep it you payed for it. However as anyone who has long played WG games Premium content is subject to change despite what you payed for when you got it. This is the only kind of product in the world, even in the digital world where the content you payed for is subject to change. If you buy a movie and download it the digital service you bought it from does not a year down the road edit the content you payed for into something you don't like. To be more specific WG will change the ship or the meta it was designed for in a fashion that no matter how good the ship was when you bought it might not be worth it a year later. To be even more specific in regards to T8 and above DD's. There used to a be a handful of Cruisers and one BB that had radar which was problematic but not enough to be game breaking. Now that high tiers are being flooded with radar ships this has become so much a problem you must be reduced to rather passive play or stop playing at this level. There are now only 1-2  DD's per side where there used to be 3-4 per high tier match.  While everyone was congradulating you and singing it's praises I though someone should inject some alternative into the discussion.

I have 3 T8 DD's and they are the absolute last I have instead been playing T5-7  and having a ball again.

i did not pay for it but i did earn it, that why i was wondering is i got to keep it. but ty for the info, ill actually be sad if they decide to change Kidd, i'm actually enjoying her a lot.

Sign in to follow this